PDA

View Full Version : What was your childhood dream job?

despect
24-03-2017, 07:03 PM
I ask this because sometimes children see something on the tv and it makes them want to become that. For example; I used to want to be a paramedic.

Did you have a different dream job to what you have now?

Landon
24-03-2017, 07:09 PM
Probably a doctor. That was in elementary school. I was pretty set on it too

despect
24-03-2017, 07:11 PM
Probably a doctor. That was in elementary school. I was pretty set on it too

What changed your mind?

Landon
24-03-2017, 07:12 PM
What changed your mind?

Overtime, reasoning kicked in and my opinions changed. Don't want to be doing 8+ years of schooling. aka doctorate, med school, residency, etc

despect
24-03-2017, 07:14 PM
Overtime, reasoning kicked in and my opinions changed. Don't want to be doing 8+ years of schooling. aka doctorate, med school, residency, etc

I think most children had either fireman, doctor or cook because thats you see most of on school haha.

Landon
24-03-2017, 07:16 PM
I think most children had either fireman, doctor or cook because thats you see most of on school haha.

Police officer too. At my school the cops would always come and show off the cool gadgets hahaha

despect
24-03-2017, 07:18 PM
Police officer too. At my school the cops would always come and show off the cool gadgets hahaha

Haha how could I forget police officer :P

scottish
24-03-2017, 07:25 PM
Software Developer.

despect
24-03-2017, 07:28 PM
Software Developer.

Is that not similar to what you do now?

Landon
24-03-2017, 07:29 PM
Software Developer.

That's currently where I'm headed.

scottish
24-03-2017, 08:06 PM
Is that not similar to what you do now?

Not really no, but I prefer what I'm doing now.

Expling
24-03-2017, 09:05 PM
ALWAYS wanted to be a teacher! and that is what I'm hoping to go into

despect
26-03-2017, 03:19 PM
ALWAYS wanted to be a teacher! and that is what I'm hoping to go into

What are you hoping to teach?

Expling
26-03-2017, 06:34 PM
What are you hoping to teach?

Very mixed right now!

I'll probably start off in upper primary and see how that goes, then I can always consider trying secondary too as I'd like to give it all a go!

If I were to teach in a secondary setting then I'd probably teach ICT / Media or a social science (psychology / sociology /health& social)
just looking at degrees right now seeing where each takes me!

despect
26-03-2017, 08:48 PM
Very mixed right now!

I'll probably start off in upper primary and see how that goes, then I can always consider trying secondary too as I'd like to give it all a go!

If I were to teach in a secondary setting then I'd probably teach ICT / Media or a social science (psychology / sociology /health& social)
just looking at degrees right now seeing where each takes me!

I could see you being a ICT teacher actually. Im not sure why exactly :P

scottish
26-03-2017, 08:52 PM
I can't, he deleted a user instead of adding a group.

hungryfront
26-03-2017, 10:03 PM
When I was younger I had no clue (something to do with cars idk what I was thinking), but now I want to go into something either in media or in psychology.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Expling
27-03-2017, 10:14 PM
I could see you being a ICT teacher actually. Im not sure why exactly :P

I was going to do a degree in Primary Education with Computing & ICT but the uni is very far away and I don't know whether I want to be far far away from home you know :(

Also with ICT there's the issue of me needing to do computing for teaching as well as schools don't really want ICT teachers when they can have Computing teachers! Not good at computing at all cos I picked ICT instead of Computing GCSE/A level!

I can't, he deleted a user instead of adding a group.

shut up

When I was younger I had no clue (something to do with cars idk what I was thinking), but now I want to go into something either in media or in psychology.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Media is nice and fun, but very hard to get into once you've got your degree and are all sorted
Psychology is also very interesting but very difficult and tiring! lots of revision and work needed for that subject

nat965
31-03-2017, 08:13 AM
I've had a few phases of what I wanted to be as a child, or at high school for that matter, with different reasons why I can't.
Policeman
Paramedic
Flight Attendant
Psychologist/Counsellor

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!