PDA

View Full Version : Food

scottish
28-03-2017, 07:40 PM
Do you have any recipes that you love to make?

I typically just eat mash/chips and chicken of some sort but want to expand my taste.

Only issue is I'm a very fussy eater, so give me some recipes to try or just generally food to try.

abc
28-03-2017, 07:53 PM
want a recipe for a beautiful cake?

Alkaz
28-03-2017, 07:53 PM
What kind of stuff dont you like and how much prep are you prepared to do?

Expling
28-03-2017, 08:16 PM
i was looking for a simple mac and cheese recipe earlier but all the websites i came across had bad reviews/were too complex :(
let me know if u guys have a nice recipe for mac and cheese x

scottish
28-03-2017, 08:29 PM
want a recipe for a beautiful cake?

what kind of cake

What kind of stuff dont you like and how much prep are you prepared to do?

doesn't matter how much prep, and it's not really that I have stuff I dislike it's just i'm fussy when picking stuff to eat

Alkaz
28-03-2017, 08:35 PM
Going on your OP I would make a chicken pie with mash. Boil the chicken with some carrots and leeks in veg stock to cook it and reduce down. Make some white sauce or buy it, stir into the chicken broth mix, put in a dish and cover with puff pastry. Cook until golden and serve with spring onion mash and broccoli. Sometimes I have it without the pastry. Another alternative is to stir into the mix a heaped spoon of wholegrain mustard.

You could make the mix a little thinner and put some dumplings on top and bake until golden. Serve with crispy potatoes or garlic new potatoes.

abc
28-03-2017, 08:37 PM
what kind of cake

doesn't matter how much prep, and it's not really that I have stuff I dislike it's just i'm fussy when picking stuff to eat

choc

scottish
28-03-2017, 08:43 PM
choc

i prefer sponge with icing

Going on your OP I would make a chicken pie with mash. Boil the chicken with some carrots and leeks in veg stock to cook it and reduce down. Make some white sauce or buy it, stir into the chicken broth mix, put in a dish and cover with puff pastry. Cook until golden and serve with spring onion mash and broccoli. Sometimes I have it without the pastry. Another alternative is to stir into the mix a heaped spoon of wholegrain mustard.

You could make the mix a little thinner and put some dumplings on top and bake until golden. Serve with crispy potatoes or garlic new potatoes.

trying to get something non chicken

dbgtz
28-03-2017, 08:55 PM
I like to just experiment when I can tbh

RuthOnToast
28-03-2017, 09:14 PM
i was looking for a simple mac and cheese recipe earlier but all the websites i came across had bad reviews/were too complex :(
let me know if u guys have a nice recipe for mac and cheese x

How can mac and cheese be complex? its so easy to make just need corn flower, milk and butter all in a pan (idk how much i dont weight it just stick it in but its better to use too much flower and just add more milk if its too thick) keep stirring it till its done then just add grated cheese. while your doing that just have the paster boiling in another pan

i looked at some recipes for it and they do sound abit complex so idk if my way is what you want or how you like it i dont how it can be wrong its only paster with cheese sauce but thats just how my mum showed me to do it im just trying to be helpful ok :(

despect
29-03-2017, 12:34 PM
I used to try different meats and made stir frys. VERY simple to make, very filling and tasty :)

Charlie
29-03-2017, 02:32 PM
Since moving into my own place, I've try to change up what I eat. Ones I've tried & loved are season & shake cajun chicken. You put some chicken and the other ingredients it says on the packet into the bag and cook it. I usually have it with some salad in the stand & stuff tacos or in a wrap. Stirfry is really good and easy as well, you can either pick your own veg or buy a pre-made bag of it and just chuck it into a wok/frying pan with whatever meat and sauce. Spaghetti and lasagna is nice and easy too.

scottish
29-03-2017, 05:39 PM
Since moving into my own place, I've try to change up what I eat. Ones I've tried & loved are season & shake cajun chicken. You put some chicken and the other ingredients it says on the packet into the bag and cook it. I usually have it with some salad in the stand & stuff tacos or in a wrap. Stirfry is really good and easy as well, you can either pick your own veg or buy a pre-made bag of it and just chuck it into a wok/frying pan with whatever meat and sauce. Spaghetti and lasagna is nice and easy too.

Yeah I always have season & shake bbq chicken so I'm getting sick of chicken.

Gonna try making some spaghetti bolognese, mince n tatties, lasange, macaroni cheese and look at stirfrys

Empired
29-03-2017, 07:04 PM
Wouldnt bother with lasagne, all that layering is a right faff.

Try a risotto maybe? Could always start with a simple ham and pea risotto or someth. There's a million diff things you can do with pasta honestly I hardy ever follow recipes, just chuck in whatever I've got. Same with stir fries; it's a great way to use up leftover fish or meat from a sunday lunch and veg that's about to go off.

scottish
29-03-2017, 07:15 PM
Wouldnt bother with lasagne, all that layering is a right faff.

Try a risotto maybe? Could always start with a simple ham and pea risotto or someth. There's a million diff things you can do with pasta honestly I hardy ever follow recipes, just chuck in whatever I've got. Same with stir fries; it's a great way to use up leftover fish or meat from a sunday lunch and veg that's about to go off.

I love lasagne tho, used to always have it.

Stephen
29-03-2017, 10:57 PM
Stephen's chilli con carne

Get a tiny bowl then mix together:
shit loads of paprika
SHIT LOADS of chilli powder
3/4 shit load of cumin (pestle+mortar the fuck out of that shit if it's not already ground)
2 pinches of cajun

cook some onions and garlic abit then add a sliced red pepper
add the SHIT LOADS OF POWDER MIX
pour bit of tomato juice and mix it all up until it's a lovely spicy red paste

cook mince
add spicy red paste and mix it all in there
add tin of tomatoes
add quite abit of tomato juice to actually give it a sauce
add 2 beef oxo
tomato puree
half a shit load of mixed herbs
tin of kidney beans (i like the ones in chilli sauce over ones in water)
add one block of 70%+ dark chocolate
add little bit of salt and pepper if u want

cook some long grain rice and then drown the fuck out of it with the lovely chilli goodness also tip a packet of ready salted crisps on top

if you don't like spicy food -
preheat oven to 210c
stick your head in it

-:Undertaker:-
31-03-2017, 08:56 AM
I love food and the people who are fussy about it are typically bores.

scottish
31-03-2017, 12:31 PM
I love food and the people who are fussy about it are typically bores.

Your post completely contradicts itself.

-:Undertaker:-
31-03-2017, 06:21 PM
Your post completely contradicts itself.

eh? shouldn't u be at nandos

scottish
31-03-2017, 06:54 PM
Never had a nandos in my life

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!