PDA

View Full Version : Apparently Habbo got hacked..

JackVale
23-04-2017, 05:09 AM
So this is my first post on this forum since im not really a forum guy. But hello <3 to everyone here, I am new and this community seems nice.
But, what I am posting about is if you guys were aware of the new Habbo database leak. It happened before, I think on the .NL version, and it happened again.
My friend messaged me on habbo saying that theres this file going around with a shit ton of habbo accounts on it.
I was thinking okay sounds like some virus bullshit, but he messaged me a site where the "hacking group" uploaded a microsoft word document with like thousands of names and passwords.
It turned out to be legit I opened it up for myself and one of my older accounts was even on there.

Basically I have no idea what to do with this information. :P

despect
23-04-2017, 07:24 AM
Im not sure if this is true or not and I highly doubt it anyway.

zammy149
23-04-2017, 08:56 AM
im telling, the hackers are taking over the world

King-Tom
23-04-2017, 04:50 PM
Im not sure if this is true or not and I highly doubt it anyway.

Yeah i am thinking the same if this is the case i'd be surprised!

_spirit
23-04-2017, 06:30 PM
Basically I have no idea what to do with this information. :P

I would send it to habbo as a ticket www.help.habbo.com

JackVale
24-04-2017, 01:37 AM
Well yea its real. Its pretty lowkey so I guess im making a support thread

https://puu.sh/vubpi/7c6f5850dd.png
https://puu.sh/vubz1/ca3eae2581.png

shit ton...

e5
24-04-2017, 05:35 AM
just copy and paste the list here you wont get banned or anything

DaimC
24-04-2017, 08:19 AM
When i researched a while back its apparently very hard to get access into habbos database and all that if you arent connected to their network. Maybe theres a way idk

madison0442
25-04-2017, 03:26 PM
I wonder that if Habbo was hacked, maybe that's why the Habbo furni mottos and badge mottos are gone!

DPS
26-04-2017, 09:01 PM
This is old news the helptool always gets exploited and people get alot of infomation which they have been using to "revert" accounts. alot of people do it to get good names and sell them.

myles
27-04-2017, 12:09 AM
im dead

my friend Flubbar was hacked due to this list

e5
27-04-2017, 03:59 PM
Didn't think it was actually legit lol change ur passwords xoxo

myles
27-04-2017, 04:14 PM
yeah it is not even joking

Red
27-04-2017, 04:52 PM
Was it just help tool users who got their details stolen?

lawrawrrr
28-04-2017, 06:11 PM
I've seen a few of these posted around - people tend to sell and buy them on the black market. They get them by old exploits and I've also heard rumours of former staff exporting plain text files but I'm not convinced how reliable that second story is...

if someone wants to hack one of my early accounts that'd be great I'd love that back but can't remember email or pass </3

- - - Updated - - -

basically though if you use basic internet security and keep secure pws changed fairly often then you should be fine!

the other issue with Habbo, especially old accounts, is people setup accounts way before anyone knew anything about hacking or security so a lot of people have really insecure passwords that they use on tons of other websites. Then when those maybe less secure websites get hacked, people see those databases and have thousands of entries - for example, if my email was [email protected] (it's not), and my password was leaked as "password1" (it's not), then they could try those credentials on other sites they knew I played.

That's the most popular way how I know a few people have had their Habbos - among other accounts!! - hacked

Zak
02-05-2017, 08:45 AM
I doubt it's from a database - basic database architecture features salted hashes. Even having a copy of the database and attacking it offline would be a chore. Can't be 100% sure though, as I know nothing about it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!