PDA

View Full Version : Were you afraid of the dark as a child?

nat965
15-05-2017, 08:24 AM
Were you afraid of the dark as a child? still now?

What traumatising event made you afraid of the dark, if so?

Charlie
15-05-2017, 11:08 AM
I was a bit, I'd slept with my door open slightly and the landing light on so it wasn't completely dark but then I grew out of it, I prefer complete darkness when I sleep now. I don't think anything really happened me to make me scared of the dark though.

MightyMagician
15-05-2017, 07:06 PM
Never was scared of the dark as a kid. My sister and I had to share a room, and my parents' room was a few feet away from there. Besides, what could the dark do to me?

Chris
15-05-2017, 07:24 PM
I was, I used to sleep with the dimmer light on. Im not scared of the dark now.

Neversoft
15-05-2017, 08:47 PM
Nope. I have always had trouble sleeping with the light on, even as a child. The dark is soothing.

Sho
15-05-2017, 08:52 PM
i wasn't scared but i slept better with a little light on in my room. i only started sleeping better in complete darkness once i moved to uni tbh

lawrawrrr
15-05-2017, 10:10 PM
Yes! Very much. Just had an overactive imagination so always thought something was under there. I'm still a little freaked out by the dark as an adult. Occasionally I have to sleep with the light on cos I just get freaked out and panic and can't get to sleep if there isn't a light on. I bought some fairy lights recently to help with that!

I also have really bad nightmares at times and when I wake out I don't like sleeping in the dark :(

MightyMagician
15-05-2017, 10:19 PM
Yes! Very much. Just had an overactive imagination so always thought something was under there. I'm still a little freaked out by the dark as an adult. Occasionally I have to sleep with the light on cos I just get freaked out and panic and can't get to sleep if there isn't a light on. I bought some fairy lights recently to help with that!

I also have really bad nightmares at times and when I wake out I don't like sleeping in the dark :(

http://www.troll.me/images/never-alone/afraid-of-the-dark-dont-worry-youre-not-alone-thumb.jpg

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!