PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: UK Terror Threat raised to CRITICAL

lemons
23-05-2017, 08:43 PM
Theresa May has just announced Operation Temperer is now being enforced (old article w/ info on it here http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/11764301/Secret-plan-to-deploy-5000-soldiers-on-UK-streets-in-wake-of-major-terror-attacks.html)

Expect to see more military on UK streets!

-:Undertaker:-
23-05-2017, 09:23 PM
I want to see those muslims being watched by security services as we speak arrested and DEPORTED.

lemons
23-05-2017, 09:29 PM
I don't know if this terrorist was on a watch list but it seems common in recent attacks that the culprit is nearly always on a watch list/known to police yet they never see it coming??

FlyingJesus
23-05-2017, 09:45 PM
I want to see those muslims being watched by security services as we speak arrested and DEPORTED.

Why not everyone who's being watched by security services? Or is your hatred more important than the safety you claim to want

Also Salman Abedi wasn't on any lists, he was Manchester born and raised and went to Salford Uni to do a business degree

lawrawrrr
23-05-2017, 10:01 PM
I don't know if this terrorist was on a watch list but it seems common in recent attacks that the culprit is nearly always on a watch list/known to police yet they never see it coming??
he was on the "known to authorities" list but hadn't done anything actually suspicious enough to justify any kind of arrest or caution or anything from what we know so far

_spirit
24-05-2017, 06:04 AM

Tbh everyone blames muslims now but in the holy bible it says about not killing so how do we end up going into wars??? Not all muslims are bad which I keep trying to tell people. One of my closest friends is Muslim and I respect that you can't say all muslims should be deported because most of the uk public services e.g hospitals all have muslims in them so I would suggest you read this comment before posting again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_spirit
24-05-2017, 06:26 AM
This was on my friends story. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170524/f7ae64b81d6c9669e10ee48908bdc9ca.png

24-05-2017, 07:30 AM
@cameron446;

FFS. We know all muslims are not terrorists you don't have to tell us this after every terrorist attack!!! Who has ever said that all muslims are terrorists??? Not even Nick Griffin has ever said it. If I hear that fucking dumb line again i'll scream.

*Tries having a discussion on Nazi Germany*

"Not all Germans are Nazis you know!!"

For. Fucks. Sake.

One of my closest friends is Muslim and I respect that you can't say all muslims should be deported

WHERE DID I SAY THIS

_spirit
24-05-2017, 07:43 AM
@cameron446;

FFS. We know all muslims are not terrorists you don't have to tell us this after every terrorist attack!!! Who has ever said that all muslims are terrorists??? Not even Nick Griffin has ever said it. If I hear that **** dumb line again i'll scream.

*Tries having a discussion on Nazi Germany*

"Not all Germans are Nazis you know!!"

For. ****. Sake.

WHERE DID I SAY THIS

You basically said all Muslims should be deported if I am not wrong -:Undertaker:-;

Matt
24-05-2017, 08:28 AM
The Manchester attack being so soon after the Westminster attack is a sign that they're targeting the UK much more than previous times (which coincides with the warnings and threats made against the UK and other parts of Europe). The intelligence they have must make it look like something else is very likely to happen.

The Australian threat level is remaining at PROBABLE, which is in the middle of the five levels we have here. I know the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade have reiterated their warning to Aussies about going to the UK and they've also updated their official advice to exercise a high degree of caution (which I'm not sure if it was at that level before the attack).

Having military on the streets will at least provide visible protection. I feel like having uniformed soldiers does make them a target though.

Just a question, I'm assuming that after such attacks there's tension in the UK between Muslim communities and those of non-Muslim backgrounds? Is it bad? I know here there is definitely tension and people have been abused simply because they are Muslim and people have been generalising that all Muslims are terrorists... we don't really hear about the UK much here so I'm just curious (and I know the PREVENT strategies kinda led to discrimination and mistrust between those communities and the police when they were implemented).

lemons
24-05-2017, 10:12 AM
The Manchester attack being so soon after the Westminster attack is a sign that they're targeting the UK much more than previous times (which coincides with the warnings and threats made against the UK and other parts of Europe). The intelligence they have must make it look like something else is very likely to happen.

The Australian threat level is remaining at PROBABLE, which is in the middle of the five levels we have here. I know the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade have reiterated their warning to Aussies about going to the UK and they've also updated their official advice to exercise a high degree of caution (which I'm not sure if it was at that level before the attack).

Having military on the streets will at least provide visible protection. I feel like having uniformed soldiers does make them a target though.

Just a question, I'm assuming that after such attacks there's tension in the UK between Muslim communities and those of non-Muslim backgrounds? Is it bad? I know here there is definitely tension and people have been abused simply because they are Muslim and people have been generalising that all Muslims are terrorists... we don't really hear about the UK much here so I'm just curious (and I know the PREVENT strategies kinda led to discrimination and mistrust between those communities and the police when they were implemented).

Where I live in London it isn't bad but I imagine it's worse up North

Matt
24-05-2017, 12:05 PM
Where I live in London it isn't bad but I imagine it's worse up North

Interesting. From what the media has been showing, Manchester has come together and is unified as one which I thought was really good to see. I just know here it seems like there's always the same group of people that continuously use these attacks to blame the majority of Muslims rather than just the radicalised/extremist minority.

FlyingJesus
24-05-2017, 12:46 PM
The only tension between communities is when EDL/Britain First idiots go looking for it, everyone sane does what the majority of Mancunians are doing right now and pulling together rather than tearing each other apart like the terrorists want us to do

wixard
24-05-2017, 12:53 PM
I believe one of the reasons he was on the watch list was due to visiting Libya

I'm angry about the situation too but under what circumstance can they deport him? Maybe they did have sufficient intelligence on him but what about someone the police can't get any intel on, how are you going to manage to deport them? One of my friends is Libyan born, a practising Muslim and visits Libya for 3 months each year, imagine getting deported for that. That's what will cause outrage, they can do fuck all.

I also read some higher up lad at his mosque saw him glare when he gave a sermon on terror. It's things like this or gut feelings which should be reported, and it wasn't. Maybe there's a problem and bias within the Muslim community, if so that's what needs to be addressed. Basically the issue is a result of the left being too afraid to be labelled as racist, and the rights complete lack of integrity when speaking about the Muslim community which then in turn causes them distain.

There's no way to win

24-05-2017, 02:30 PM
You basically said all Muslims should be deported if I am not wrong @-:Undertaker:- (https://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=24233);

Prove it.

FlyingJesus
24-05-2017, 02:31 PM
Maybe there's a problem and bias within the Muslim community

Think that's an important point to make with all this yeah, people in general don't want to face the stigma/reprisal of grassing up "one of your own" and that's especially the case in smaller groups that have a strong community bond with each other. We don't want to get involved or risk trouble for ourselves and so turn a blind eye to worrying behaviour like hate speech and torturing small animals even though we know that it often escalates to human violence

_spirit
24-05-2017, 02:32 PM

24-05-2017, 02:35 PM
Think that's an important point to make with all this yeah, people in general don't want to face the stigma/reprisal of grassing up "one of your own" and that's especially the case in smaller groups that have a strong community bond with each other. We don't want to get involved or risk trouble for ourselves and so turn a blind eye to worrying behaviour like hate speech and torturing small animals even though we know that it often escalates to human violence

And because, as surveys and polling have shown, a sizable proportion of muslims in this country support radical Islam.

So where did I say all muslims should be deported?

Gina
24-05-2017, 02:55 PM
Tbh everyone blames muslims now but in the holy bible it says about not killing so how do we end up going into wars??? Not all muslims are bad which I keep trying to tell people. One of my closest friends is Muslim and I respect that you can't say all muslims should be deported because most of the uk public services e.g hospitals all have muslims in them so I would suggest you read this comment before posting again.
u tell him cameron !xxxx

hungryfront
24-05-2017, 03:29 PM
We never deported all the Irish in the 80s, and it doesn't suddenly change when it's a religion that's not yours because then it won't look bad on yourself.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

lemons
24-05-2017, 03:49 PM
omg seriously guys he never said ALL should be deported

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!