PDA

View Full Version : US to withdraw from Paris Agreement on global warming

-:Undertaker:-
01-06-2017, 09:52 PM
US to withdrawal from Paris Agreement on global warming

President Trump announces American termination of the Paris Agreement signed by Obama in 2016

Well done to the Trump Administration.

Another Obama legacy swept away and another election pledge kept. :)

AgnesIO
01-06-2017, 10:28 PM
I've seen - and felt - the sheer damage climate change is doing. I wouldn't mind quite so much if I believed Trump when he claims America will be the "cleanest, greenest" country. If the world doesn't cooperate to solve climate change, we will be responsible for the starvation, drowning and misery of millions of people.

Landon
01-06-2017, 11:24 PM
Why is it that last year it was global warming and this year it's climate change? Lol

lemons
02-06-2017, 12:28 AM
Why is it that last year it was global warming and this year it's climate change? Lol

They are two seperate (but related!) things which are both highly important! Do your research.

Not surprised at Trump's decision and doubt any US president would successfully meet the aims of the Paris Agreement.

Nice to see some states rejecting Trump's rejection though :)

Landon
02-06-2017, 03:54 AM
They are two seperate (but related!) things which are both highly important! Do your research.

I just asked why people called it global warming last year and why its now climate change this year. Learn to read.

lemons
02-06-2017, 11:48 AM
I just asked why people called it global warming last year and why its now climate change this year. Learn to read.

What is "it"? Like I said they are two seperate things smart ass! It's not like people have completely switched to using one term over the other and next year "it" will be called something else

Perhaps the media need to also do their research and stop recklessly using the terms interchangeably

hungryfront
02-06-2017, 11:57 AM
Trump is so stupid for doing this and frankly, if you support it you are too.

You're young, Dan, so you'll feel the changes of climate change. So will I. Trump's just doing this because it won't affect him.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

02-06-2017, 12:00 PM
You're young, Dan, so you'll feel the changes of climate change. So will I. Trump's just doing this because it won't affect him.

I hope I do because it's always bloody freezing.

lemons
02-06-2017, 02:08 PM
The UK climate could actually become even cooler as global warming will impact North Atlantic ocean currents which moderate our climate

Global warming > melting of ice in northern latitudes > more fresh-water > reduced salinity > slow/shut down of NADW > less heat transfer by ocean currents = even cooler climate for us Europeans!

This is of course just one way our climate will change

02-06-2017, 02:22 PM
The UK climate could actually become even cooler as global warming will impact North Atlantic ocean currents which moderate our climate

Global warming > melting of ice in northern latitudes > more fresh-water > reduced salinity > slow/shut down of NADW > less heat transfer by ocean currents = even cooler climate for us Europeans!

This is of course just one way our climate will change

So what you really mean is whatever the weather/climate you can't be proved wrong.

I'm going to go on living my life and not worry about the absurd idea that the end of the world is nigh. The warnings over global warming are so absurd and as of yet non-existent it reminds me of those religious people who stand in town squares with a bell and a placard telling me to accept Jesus or face impending doom. I care about nature/the environment but don't buy into this religious cult.

I'm honestly not in the slightest bit concerned or worried, neither are the politicians or celebrities who fly around on private jets telling us all that we should be worried. Or the hypocrite councils who turn their lights off for one hour of 365 days for Earth Hour but turn floodlights on the the rest of the years duration. I treat weather and climate warnings like I did economic warnings over leaving the EU.

AgnesIO
02-06-2017, 04:06 PM
So what you really mean is whatever the weather/climate you can't be proved wrong.

I'm going to go on living my life and not worry about the absurd idea that the end of the world is nigh. The warnings over global warming are so absurd and as of yet non-existent it reminds me of those religious people who stand in town squares with a bell and a placard telling me to accept Jesus or face impending doom. I care about nature/the environment but don't buy into this religious cult.

I'm honestly not in the slightest bit concerned or worried, neither are the politicians or celebrities who fly around on private jets telling us all that we should be worried. Or the hypocrite councils who turn their lights off for one hour of 365 days for Earth Hour but turn floodlights on the the rest of the years duration. I treat weather and climate warnings like I did economic warnings over leaving the EU.

Look to Bangladesh, then tell me nothing is changing.

Of course, in England, we can barely feel any difference. We probably won't ever be that drastically affected; but others will. We can't ignore that.

- - - Updated - - -

Firstly, that joke was touted around a decade ago when the terms were first used. Secondly, they're not the same thing.

Congratulations on your attempt, though.

02-06-2017, 04:36 PM
Bangladesh is basically a giant delta & flood plain. It's flooded since... forever.

Landon
02-06-2017, 05:19 PM
What is "it"? Like I said they are two seperate things smart ass! It's not like people have completely switched to using one term over the other and next year "it" will be called something else

Perhaps the media need to also do their research and stop recklessly using the terms interchangeably

It's easy to be aggressive over the internet isn't it. You just invaded my safespace! And you still don't get it.

Libs called it global warming last year, why do they call it climate change this year? Yes, people have completely switched terms according to what I am seeing.

Maybe it's their typical way of being politically correct?

- - - Updated - - -

Firstly, that joke was touted around a decade ago when the terms were first used. Secondly, they're not the same thing.

Congratulations on your attempt, though.

Congratulations, you've got my point unlike lemons; who still doesn't get it.

lemons
02-06-2017, 05:51 PM
It's easy to be aggressive over the internet isn't it. You just invaded my safespace! And you still don't get it.

Libs called it global warming last year, why do they call it climate change this year? Yes, people have completely switched terms according to what I am seeing.

Maybe it's their typical way of being politically correct?

lool mate you are really delusional! What did AgnesIO get that I didn't? What was your point? Were you trying to be funny? :S

Why do you always like to shove words and terms like 'liberals' and 'PC' into any discussion hahaha what have your political insults got to do with anything in this thread? Obsessed!

- - - Updated - - -

Yes! :)

Comparing scientific EVIDENCE of climate change to the UNCERTAINTY* of Brexit is ridiculous

*Brexit could end up good or bad but nothing is certain

Landon
02-06-2017, 06:13 PM
lool mate you are really delusional! What did AgnesIO get that I didn't? What was your point? Were you trying to be funny? :S

Why do you always like to shove words and terms like 'liberals' and 'PC' into any discussion hahaha what have your political insults got to do with anything in this thread? Obsessed!

If delusional means speaking the truth then I'm in!

02-06-2017, 06:45 PM
Yes! :)

Comparing scientific EVIDENCE of climate change to the UNCERTAINTY* of Brexit is ridiculous

*Brexit could end up good or bad but nothing is certain

I haven't yet seen any evidence of global warming apart from spurious claims about natural events being our fault. Like...

- Claims ice shelves breaking off are due to rising temperatures when that is a natural phenomenon.
- Pictures of icebergs melting with polar bears on them being used as proof when this has always occurred.
- Claims flooding in Britain has been due to global warming when its due to lack of dredging/building on floodplains.
- Claims our unpredictable weather in Britain is due to global warming when Britain has always had unpredictable weather.
- Claims of bulbs opening early being evidence when this is often due to localised climate conditions (ie Cornwall).
- Claims African countries are suffering drought due to warming when naturally due to lack of irrigation systems it'll happen.
- Claims sea levels are rising when we're yet to see this actually happen.
- Claims the Arctic Sea will soon be ice free in the winter when this hasn't materialised.
- Claims the Maldives are about to submerge underwater yet they're still there.

A lot of claims but little to show for it. Like when Gordon Brown, then British PM, told us back in 2009 that we literally had 50 days to save the world unless we agreed the Copenhagen agreement. The agreement collapsed and... we're still here. Alive. Chill.

Landon
02-06-2017, 11:10 PM
I haven't yet seen any evidence of global warming apart from spurious claims about natural events being our fault. Like...

- Claims ice shelves breaking off are due to rising temperatures when that is a natural phenomenon.
- Pictures of icebergs melting with polar bears on them being used as proof when this has always occurred.
- Claims flooding in Britain has been due to global warming when its due to lack of dredging/building on floodplains.
- Claims our unpredictable weather in Britain is due to global warming when Britain has always had unpredictable weather.
- Claims of bulbs opening early being evidence when this is often due to localised climate conditions (ie Cornwall).
- Claims African countries are suffering drought due to warming when naturally due to lack of irrigation systems it'll happen.
- Claims sea levels are rising when we're yet to see this actually happen.
- Claims the Arctic Sea will soon be ice free in the winter when this hasn't materialised.
- Claims the Maldives are about to submerge underwater yet they're still there.

A lot of claims but little to show for it. Like when Gordon Brown, then British PM, told us back in 2009 that we literally had 50 days to save the world unless we agreed the Copenhagen agreement. The agreement collapsed and... we're still here. Alive. Chill.

And just as well, we have all of these graphs that are trying to be credible for showing global temperature the last 10,000 years. If we take a look at tropospheric temperatures, those only started to be measured via satellite in 1979. We can take a look at all of these temperatures, but there's no absolute way to know if they're credible. So far we know that ""climate change"" is a naturally occurring event. By the looks of it, we are warming up like we used to be. Nothing we can do.

lawrawrrr
03-06-2017, 08:34 PM
ahhahahahahahhahahah of course you're both climate change deniers

APPARENTLY my friend told me he read that you can't even withdraw within 3 years of signing the agreement and it takes a year to withdraw

so god knows Trump isn't gonna be re-elected so by the time that comes around the new pres can reverse the decision!!!

Landon
09-06-2017, 04:27 AM
ahhahahahahahhahahah of course you're both climate change deniers

You're absolutely right! I don't believe in lies to push political agendas. Looks like you do.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!