PDA

View Full Version : [TV] Handmaid's Tale

lawrawrrr
22-06-2017, 09:12 PM
This week has been crazy for me I binged the book and finished it in 2 days and today I've binged the show and finished all the ones on C4

oh my GOD IT'S SO GOOD

If you've read the book too you'll be able to appreciate what a bloody fantastic adaptation it is. Goes beyond the boundaries and meant to explore other questions and flesh out dodgy parts. It's just an amazing script.

But the show itself is SO GOOD even though I'm slightly worried it's kind of a handbook for loonies worse than trump and this seems TOTALLY POSSIBLE RIGHT NOW it's just so good

anyone watching at all you really should

#dystopiasforever

Neversoft
22-06-2017, 09:44 PM
I saw this advertised and thought it looked quite interesting. Might give it a go now Better Call Saul and Fargo are over.

myles
24-06-2017, 04:02 PM
i read the book years and years ago and the watched the first episode of the tv show and its orite i guess

lawrawrrr
24-06-2017, 09:05 PM
im appreciating the existence of alexis bledel (ofglen) and yvonne (the wife) in my life they're beyond gorgeous

thms
28-06-2017, 12:45 PM
i love it. i'm up to the episode jezebel, ofglens (now ofsteven) story arc is heartbreaking. also love samira wiley in this, and elizabeth moss is GREAT as offred too

gilead is a scary place

Red
28-06-2017, 02:44 PM
so good!! I watched when it came out in uk ans then blitzed all the episodes in one night. First episode was so shocking. Alexis was amazing and I didn't catch on for ages their their names were taken from their masters.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!