PDA

View Full Version : [Recruitment Ambassador] Register Your Interest/State Ideas!

Gina
26-06-2017, 10:25 PM
https://www.habbox.com/assets/images//0b27f328f2d24b72a751e73850cd4595.png
thank you sloths for the lovely banner x

Hello Guys!

I'm sure a lot of you attended the meeting this evening (thank you very much) and so are probably more aware of what my job title is. My apologise I haven't been an active role at all but hopefully that'll now change! You may have seen that I was made the Ambassador Leader many months ago (and I still haven't done anything I'm so sorry!). My job is going to be leading a group of Recruitment Ambassadors who will hopefully help increase the staff and forum numbers. Rather than usual applications, instead I'm going to ask who would be interested in becoming a Recruitment Ambassador (although please not that it doesn't mean that everyone who is interested and posts below will become one sorry!). If you think you'd like to be one there are a few requirements:

- You must be active on Habbo
- You must have a passion to revive Habbox
- You must be friendly/approachable please !

The Ambassadors will have certain roles around Habbox involving:

- Recruiting people such as via twitter for example
- Recruiting people at non-fansite rooms (e.g events/public rooms)
- Recruiting people in Habbox events/giveaways
- Welcoming people to Habbox such as in events (even if not recruiting them)

Despite being recruitment, the role also includes just making people sign up to the forum or listen to Habbox etc. Making someone feel welcomed and part of the community even if they're not staff. They might not even have a forum account but they could still want to tune into the radio and become a regular listener.

There is a special recruitment forum where I'll post a rule thread so that we don't have people breaking fansite rules and upsetting people.

After reading this you may be thinking what's in it for you? After the meeting earlier, a lot of people said how reward systems didn't work so I'm unsure personaly (reward wise). I'll do recruitment statistics posted on the fourm and do raffles for example for signing people up however if you have any ideas on how you'd like to be rewarded for it. I'm happy to give out prizes to people and do a points system if that's what people would want. However at the same time, a lot of people just want to see Habbox come back to life and this 100% would help push towards that. So if you have an interest in helping Habbox recruit new staff and new members to see fresh faces on here then please post saying you're interested, why and maybe some ideas. I obviously can't just give out a role to every person who says they want to become one so would be really helpful if you post saying why you'd like to be one and any ideas if possible! Even if you cant specificially be part of the recruitment team it'd be super handy if you could still help out in events trying to get people to sign up!

Even if you think that this role isn't for you (e.g. you aren't active on Habbo) but you have ideas you'd like to put across then please post below!

We're really trying to make this work so if you would like to be a part of this then please join as staff (not even recruitment but general roles). Loads of people are coming together to host events on client with people DJing slots etc trying to get Habbox active again so would be lovely to see you guys getting involved! Even just posting a couple threads a day would make a huge difference. Also maybe tag people who would be good for the role or even roles as event organisers.

Sorry for the long thread I hope it makes sense lmfao I hate reading through my own writing so chances are it wont : )! Sorry again that I haven't done anything yet so far either but hopefully this is a nice change!

- Gina x

lemons
26-06-2017, 10:26 PM
yes!

Absently
26-06-2017, 10:35 PM
Thanks for this Gina! All has been going absolutely fantastic so thank you to everyone's efforts so far! All of us really appreciate it!! Hopefully you get a nice little team together so we can all work together!!

GoldenMerc
26-06-2017, 10:44 PM
nice to see things moving forward and positivity

Elegance
26-06-2017, 11:25 PM
yes also

-:Undertaker:-
27-06-2017, 12:11 AM
I like the sound of this.

Charlie
27-06-2017, 08:11 AM
I don't think I'd be good for the role, I just wanted to say I love this, it's just what we need to bring some life into the forum, new staff and just new members! :)

Samantha
27-06-2017, 12:18 PM
I'm not interested in joining, but I am interested in the bigger picture of it. For example, recruiting people is great, but what is happening to make them stay? Speaking as a staff member for years, I've noticed since I returned (in November last year I think) there's nothing really to make any new staff members stay - the thought of just wanting to volunteer for a quiet fansite isn't enough for some people, you only have to look at the staff list where most have logged in once and haven't come back on to see what I mean. Would this fall under your job role Gina, or would that be down to the managers or Assistant General Managers themselves?

This is a very community based role, and there's been no real drive to make the community better in the last few months (it was the case when I was last in a community department). I can see it changing now, but it's usually only for the short-term when people aren't busy with school/college/uni/work and then it'll just go back to flopping and being dead again; obviously no one wants to see this happen, and I'm assuming this will be a long term process? At least if you have a team behind you then are covered if someone cannot fulfil the role currently due to other commitments.

I'm hoping I'm proved wrong when we get into September - October time though, I'd rather see it thriving than slowly deteriorating again! Good luck with it Gina though and whoever else joins in with it :).

lemons
27-06-2017, 12:58 PM
I'm not interested in joining, but I am interested in the bigger picture of it. For example, recruiting people is great, but what is happening to make them stay? Speaking as a staff member for years, I've noticed since I returned (in November last year I think) there's nothing really to make any new staff members stay - the thought of just wanting to volunteer for a quiet fansite isn't enough for some people, you only have to look at the staff list where most have logged in once and haven't come back on to see what I mean. Would this fall under your job role Gina, or would that be down to the managers or Assistant General Managers themselves?

This is a very community based role, and there's been no real drive to make the community better in the last few months (it was the case when I was last in a community department). I can see it changing now, but it's usually only for the short-term when people aren't busy with school/college/uni/work and then it'll just go back to flopping and being dead again; obviously no one wants to see this happen, and I'm assuming this will be a long term process? At least if you have a team behind you then are covered if someone cannot fulfil the role currently due to other commitments.

I'm hoping I'm proved wrong when we get into September - October time though, I'd rather see it thriving than slowly deteriorating again! Good luck with it Gina though and whoever else joins in with it :).

The whole point of it is to build up activity so there is more staff hosting events which will get more regulars! You're right there hasn't been a community drive for ages but that is changing and even yesterday over 20 Habbox peeps turned up to a 1 hour meeting on client to give ideas, mainly on recruitment. Summer is the perfect opportunity to fix things as most people are free and hopefully by September when people go back to uni, school etc there will be a large enough team in place to sustain progress! :)

.:TaylorSwift:
27-06-2017, 05:25 PM
Well I'm interested on joining this recruitment team for those international users. I believe I can bring in a number of individuals by doing a one on one recruitment and bringing the interest high by advertising.

GoldenMerc
27-06-2017, 08:48 PM

This is where a buddy system of some sort would be awesome.

xxMATTGxx
28-06-2017, 08:05 AM
This is all good ideas and that but Habbox still has the problem it has had for many years, it's no longer an attractive website compared to the other major fansites out there that get more regular development updates then Habbox has had it's in entire life. Although I doubt this will ever change so kudos for everyone who still works and tries to make this fansite going and attracting new staff members and normal members.

lemons
28-06-2017, 12:37 PM
This is all good ideas and that but Habbox still has the problem it has had for many years, it's no longer an attractive website compared to the other major fansites out there that get more regular development updates then Habbox has had it's in entire life. Although I doubt this will ever change so kudos for everyone who still works and tries to make this fansite going and attracting new staff members and normal members.

completely agree would be great if you had been in charge for the last few years to oversee this!

oh wait. . .

xxMATTGxx
28-06-2017, 12:44 PM
completely agree would be great if you had been in charge for the last few years to oversee this!

oh wait. . .

I didn't target any current management or staff regarding what I posted, so no need to target me. I was fully aware of the issue but sadly the people that have been in charge to do such development work have often failed us. They have decided to go AWOL or fuck off and left whatever they did do a complete mess for others to pick up on.

It needs someone/a team with a lot of time to be able to pull this one out of the bag - No idea if money would even help. But even if money did help that should come from the very top.

Don't get me wrong, I think the idea of what has been posted is great and I really hope it does help Habbox. But at the same time you need things for them to stay with Habbox rather than ditching to other fansites. That's all I was saying, was not blaming the staff.

lemons
28-06-2017, 12:52 PM
I didn't target any current management or staff regarding what I posted, so no need to target me. I was fully aware of the issue but sadly the people that have been in charge to do such development work have often failed us. They have decided to go AWOL or fuck off and left whatever they did do a complete mess for others to pick up on.

It needs someone/a team with a lot of time to be able to pull this one out of the bag - No idea if money would even help. But even if money did help that should come from the very top.

fine but what's the point in pointing out problems everyone already knows! a bad looking website (which isn't THAT bad but does need to be better) doesn't excuse lack of habbo events and other habbo presense which is the main issue and is what this thread is all about :) recruitment and good ideas welcome not pointing out the obvious and pessimism, there's been enough of that for the time being :)

in the past few days there has a lot of events in comparison to recent months and many people, both habboxers and non-habboxers have said they are surprised and glad to see habbox being more active on habbo (sometimes in a sarcastic way but still good news!)

Expling
28-06-2017, 12:52 PM
Just for the record - our efforts do not come unnoticed! Even those who decided to not join our forum/join the team are still extremely supportive and thankful:

https://image.prntscr.com/image/kBZO3ZEYSKS_mpsApYv9tQ.png

I have to say I was very pleased to hear that our hard work is paying off :)

xxMATTGxx
28-06-2017, 12:56 PM
fine but what's the point in pointing out problems everyone already knows! a bad looking website (which isn't THAT bad but does need to be better) doesn't excuse lack of habbo events and other habbo presense which is the main issue and is what this thread is all about :) recruitment and good ideas welcome not pointing out the obvious and pessimism, there's been enough of that for the time being :)

in the past few days there has a lot of events in comparison to recent months and many people, both habboxers and non-habboxers have said they are surprised and glad to see habbox being more active on habbo (sometimes in a sarcastic way but still good news!)

Because we should be pointing out all of the problems surely? If you want Habbox to succeed and stay open as an active fansite then all the problems should be highlighted to see what can be done. I'm aware this thread is about recruitment, increasing our presence on the hotel. But at the same time you want them to stay at Habbox as well and not just during the summer holiday.

You have to start thinking like: Why would people want to stay if the site is broken, out of date etc etc. Then fix those issues but unfortunately this side of it is a lot easier to say than it is for any of that to get resolved.

I do hope to be proven wrong - Because I'm sure you would agree with me it would be a shame to see this place go down even further.

lemons
28-06-2017, 01:04 PM
Because we should be pointing out all of the problems surely? If you want Habbox to succeed and stay open as an active fansite then all the problems should be highlighted to see what can be done. I'm aware this thread is about recruitment, increasing our presence on the hotel. But at the same time you want them to stay at Habbox as well and not just during the summer holiday.

You have to start thinking like: Why would people want to stay if the site is broken, out of date etc etc. Then fix those issues but unfortunately this side of it is a lot easier to say than it is for any of that to get resolved.

I do hope to be proven wrong - Because I'm sure you would agree with me it would be a shame to see this place go down even further.

The problems you raised have already been pointed out several times and I'm sure AGMs are doing as much as they can to fix

Even if people are only sticking around during the summer hols (like me) having the summer support is better than nothign more than enough people are active during term time - I rly dont think this is a big issue

Features may be what draw people to fansites but its a community that makes people stay Elegance; 2017)

xxMATTGxx
28-06-2017, 01:07 PM
The problems you raised have already been pointed out several times and I'm sure AGMs are doing as much as they can to fix

Even if people are only sticking around during the summer hols (like me) having the summer support is better than nothign more than enough people are active during term time - I rly dont think this is a big issue

Features may be what draw people to fansites but its a community that makes people stay Elegance; 2017)

Then I apologise for posting an issue that has been posted various times over the years - Same as events but hey ho. It's not like I'm the only person who thinks this anyway.

I hope to be proven wrong and that the community on the forum and hotel gets a good boost from the recent suggestions.

-:Undertaker:-
28-06-2017, 05:19 PM
I have offered to put money towards a new website/forum design - my offer still stands.

scottish
28-06-2017, 06:14 PM
Expensive though.

Reece
28-06-2017, 07:58 PM
I'd be interested in this!

despect
30-06-2017, 08:40 PM
This is just an idea really but I was wondering if it is worth perhaps getting rid of applications and call it register your interest because I personally think some people might be put off by filling out an application and I think it's better for the manager to speak to them and get to know them and ask them personally what experience they have so it's more like a chat rather than filling out an application and feeling like if it's not good enough they wont be hired. As we've come to notice these days, people prefer the quick hiring rather than the application process.

Jazz
06-07-2017, 08:37 AM
its nice to see public and active steps in the right direction for habbox, theres so much potential but because of the lack of voices on the actual game it goes to waste somewhat - id be interested to help! best of luck x

Amazingprincess
24-07-2017, 08:54 PM
Hi I wanna try it and i think I would be fantastic at this role Please reply back love maya ❤️

_spirit
02-08-2017, 01:12 PM
Gina;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJ-Tripjay
12-09-2017, 02:18 AM
Super Interested. Wanted to revive habbox. I really want to revive habbox and think that i can benefit this team. Further more im involved with USDF In The OPA office Of public affairs so i may be of use there.

Charlie
12-09-2017, 05:13 PM
What is happening with this? The thread seems to have died a little when it was a great idea.

rnix
12-09-2017, 07:48 PM
Sounds like a great idea but fansites have been dying out for a while now

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!