PDA

View Full Version : Do you cook your own meals?

Charlie
30-06-2017, 05:18 PM
Do you enjoy cooking, or do you prefer to just throw something ready made/out of the freezer into the oven? What's your favourite meal to cook, if you do?

I've started to cook more since I've moved out but I still have lazy days when I just throw something into the oven or order a takeaway. My favourite would either be cajun chicken in wraps or spaghetti bolognese especially now I've switched to quorn/meat free alternatives, it's easier/quicker to cook.

Absently
30-06-2017, 06:50 PM
Yeah, we rarely have "lazy food" as we like to call it (something you just throw in oven/microwave). We like to do a lot of exploring when it comes to find and I love looking on Pinterest to find new food we can cook! It's usually a shared responsibility with cooking I either cook, my partner cooks or we do it together.

My favourite dinner has to be cooking chicken tacos with the boat shells, a recipe I found on Pinterest and it's so delicious!! I have it like once a week :)

Neversoft
30-06-2017, 08:00 PM
Yes, I have done for about five years. I don't mind cooking, but I wouldn't describe it as something I particularly enjoy. Mainly I eat a lot of meat — I probably eat chicken around four times a week, otherwise I'll have pork, beef or fish. With my meat, I'll usually have something like chips, wedges, potatoes or hash browns, and all of my meals include baked beans, because I love beans. Except sometimes I run out of beans, so I use my back-up peas and/or vegetables instead. Occasionally I'll have lasagna or spaghetti bolognese or some sort of pasta dish. I rarely ever eat ready meals, but I don't cook anything particularly elaborate, either. My favourite meal to cook is probably salmon and boiled potatoes, because it's delicious.

scottish
30-06-2017, 08:17 PM
Depends what I'm doing its alright, not something I hugely enjoy but do it out of necessity.

-:Undertaker:-
30-06-2017, 11:37 PM
i live at home so only now and again. but when i lived away from home i did cooking every night and i never ordered takeaway.

Juves
30-06-2017, 11:51 PM
yes i love cooking! I love watching alot of cooking shows and getting new ideas!

despect
02-07-2017, 06:55 PM
It depends on my availability really and how I feel on the day!

King-Tom
03-07-2017, 11:13 AM
around 3 times a week

RuthOnToast
03-07-2017, 02:01 PM
Guess we kinda make our own lazy food by cooking stuff in bulk like curries, lasagna, cottage pies and stuff like that cos most days we eat at different times and with swimming late its easier than cooking at 10 but i do have a few microwave food its just impossible to swim for 2 hours and not want food. On days i dont swim we cook real meals as mum calls them which is some kinda meat with vegs with a full roast every Sunday. I say me but mum mainly does the cooking actually i do sometimes help but we have such a small kitchen it just ends up not working.

Wassim
03-07-2017, 06:33 PM
well no lol, my mom cooks everything

King-Tom
03-07-2017, 06:47 PM
well no lol, my mom cooks everything

haha same most nights apart from some weeks lmao

lawrawrrr
03-07-2017, 09:45 PM
Yeeeee me and my housemate split it. I do prob lime 70,80% and he does more clearing up cos I hate that!!!

Fav meal to cook is like a homemade pasta bake or something, love it

effurt
03-07-2017, 10:10 PM
I love cooking, sometimes I'm too lazy and just give in though

AbbyMcKenna
08-07-2017, 08:15 AM
sometimes

nat965
13-07-2017, 11:03 PM
For dinner/night time meal, yeah, I do a lot of experimenting with foods and stuff to knock off the bad stuff out of my diet.

Any other meal, not really.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!