PDA

View Full Version : Spiders: Catch or Kill?

Neversoft
05-08-2017, 07:18 PM
I was playing a video game last night when I noticed something move out of the corner of my eye — there was a beast of a spider crawling along the edge of the ceiling. I could barely get close to it without getting the shivers. It was the biggest spider I have seen in years — one of those ones so big you can actually make out its face. It was disgusting, but I couldn't kill it because it would have stained the wall.

I grabbed the broom and plucked it from the wall, but I lost sight of it. I managed to find it a couple of minutes later next to the couch, so I went to put a glass over it, but it started darting around so I had to retreat. It went under the couch, so I pulled the couch away from the wall but I couldn't see the spider anywhere. So then I flipped the couch, to see if it was clinging to the bottom. Wasn't there either, but I did notice a hole in the bottom that it may have hidden inside.

In the end, I couldn't find it, and ever since I feel so paranoid. It's in here somewhere, but I don't know where. Every so often I'll get a tingle and have to have a quick look around. Whenever I move something, I have to do it suddenly, in case the spider is underneath and it gives me a heart attack. I don't mind the spiders with tiny bodies and big legs, there are a couple of those here, but I can't relax with this chunky beast lurking around. I'm sat on the very couch it escaped under right now, and just thinking about how it could be beneath me gives me goosebumps. I wish I whacked it when it was on the floor. I wonder when I'll encounter it again.

How do you deal with spiders? Do you condemn them all, or only the big ones? Do you catch them, or kill them on sight, or perhaps you leave them? I almost always use the glass and paper method. Last year I remember seeing something poking out from underneath the door. I thought it was a chunk of hair, so I brushed it with my bare foot and 'the hair' ran away. Turns out it was a humongous spider. I managed to catch that one, and another big one a couple of years ago. Here's a picture of the latter. It's in a pint glass.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/AxY-RcNCEAEJz_y.png

FlyingJesus
05-08-2017, 10:27 PM
I just leave them to it they're fab they eat flies and stuff

Neversoft
05-08-2017, 11:18 PM
The only thing those big, juicy spiders are eating is steroids.

Charlie
06-08-2017, 08:47 AM
Murder them, destroy them all. I'm absolutely terrified of them so I usually just run off screaming for someone to kill it or get rid of it. I actually had to call my dad once cause there was a spider but I was too afraid to kill it. My girlfriend also informed me there was a spider in her pile of clothes on the floor but she waited a week to tell me, I also keep my clothes on the floor sometimes so now I've got the habit of shaking them to be safe.

LUCPIX
06-08-2017, 02:33 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/AxY-RcNCEAEJz_y.png

Resembles the remainings of the radioactive-substances eaters, from every single trash films from the seventies. Remember Empire of the Ants? What's happening to Earth?

When I see one of these, the best option is to put it in a piece of paper, carry it to somewhere further from you, close the windows and thank the lords that it is not a rat!

Neversoft
07-08-2017, 08:45 AM
I also keep my clothes on the floor sometimes so now I've got the habit of shaking them to be safe.

Hah, that's what I keep doing ever since being terrorised by that beast. I keep my clothes in a wardrobe, but any time I use a tea towel or something that isn't stored away, I give it a quick whip to make sure there isn't anything undesirable on it.

Mikey
07-08-2017, 03:10 PM
I hate them. I try and let them free but it it's not having it then I usually squish them with a shoe.

Stephen
07-08-2017, 03:40 PM
I used to get them in a glass then put them in the sink and pour boiling water on them. I felt that was abit cruel so now they just get the shoe or I hoover them up

Neversoft
07-08-2017, 04:34 PM
I read those giant grotesque spiders come indoors this time of the year to breed. I wish it would come out again so I can end this impending doom. I should have hoovered it up. It might live in my couch now.

Charlie
07-08-2017, 06:27 PM
I don't think I could handle knowing something like that was in my place and could appear at anytime. I need to get myself some of that horse chestnut spray (I think that's what it is) because I've heard it stops them coming inside if you spray it around entrances. I'm hoping living in a 3rd floor flat means I won't get many as opposed to a house.

Neversoft
07-08-2017, 07:01 PM
I don't think I could handle knowing something like that was in my place and could appear at anytime. I need to get myself some of that horse chestnut spray (I think that's what it is) because I've heard it stops them coming inside if you spray it around entrances. I'm hoping living in a 3rd floor flat means I won't get many as opposed to a house.

I keep calling it out, but it won't face me. What I don't want is for it to breed and for there to be hundreds of them. I hoped that too, but I live on the second floor. It's spider season — they are relentless!

Stephen
07-08-2017, 09:38 PM
tbh i havent seen any in almost a month i think it's almost time for them to piss off again for the year

now watch as they all come out of hiding

despect
09-08-2017, 06:09 PM
Neither. I just run away. I seriously cannot stand spiders. I run and get someone else to catch/kill it for me lmaoo usually I'm home with someone else so they get it for me lol.

-:Undertaker:-
17-08-2017, 12:39 AM
why did i have to see that pic before bed

and kill them they're VILE

Neversoft
17-08-2017, 07:31 PM
I still haven't seen the creature since that day, just a bunch of little body thin legs spiders roaming around. I threw a significant one out the window the other day, but the others are tolerable. I don't feel so paranoid anymore, but I still check the walls and ceilings occasionally.

Stephen
18-08-2017, 10:37 AM
I was out watering the plants the other day and just as I was about to go back inside again I saw one of them massive ones on the wall right by the door. Now it's squashed corpse lies there as a warning to any other mofucking spider who wishes to enter my domain

lawrawrrr
18-08-2017, 04:32 PM
shit me that is massive

I'll catch if there's something to catch them with or kill them if not. Also if they're being arses and difficult to catch I'll kill them too

I drowned one this morning in my shower cos it scared me !!!!

zammy149
18-08-2017, 07:14 PM
I let them live in my closet, I dont bother them they dont bother me.

zammy149
18-08-2017, 07:37 PM
http://imgur.com/a/2XOtW

http://imgur.com/a/2XOtW

This is my closet spider . This clod blooded motherfucker had a kill count of approximately 10 flies, 3 mosquitoes, and 2 roaches.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!