PDA

View Full Version : have you ever done your family tree?

Sho
02-09-2017, 02:43 PM
i've been working on mine for the past year or so and i've currently gone back to late 60s. nothing too interesting found really other than i now know i have family in Pennsylvania and i've now been in contact with them. my friend did hers and she found that her great nan's first cousin murdered his wife lmao. she also found out that the drummer from the who is a distant cousin

ever done yours and did ya find anything interesting??

.:TaylorSwift:
02-09-2017, 08:11 PM
Well I only found up to the late 1890's when my great great grandfather came to Mexico from Spain. This is from my fathers side. I know in my mothers side her grandmother is from Spanish decent who went to Mexico. I found out from my mothers side the people who were from Spain married a native and they were shunned. As far as I'm aware my 4th great grandfathers who came from Spain from fathers side had one interesting story. We met a lady who knew our last name and she was 94 and she said they were all over 5'9 . The only photo i found was really weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikey
02-09-2017, 09:31 PM
I've always wanted to! I think my Mum's cousin started part of hers so could probably go from there if I wanted to take it seriously. :)

lemons
02-09-2017, 10:52 PM
no but I did find out a few weeks ago that I'm quite distantly related to a very famous author

despect
03-09-2017, 07:08 AM
My parents started but dont think they ever finished!

MightyMagician
03-09-2017, 07:25 AM
no but I did find out a few weeks ago that I'm quite distantly related to a very famous author

Hmmm... J.K. Rowling? ;)

Joe
03-09-2017, 07:29 AM
Kinda but never got too far! Definitely something I may do when i'm older. I also really want to do one of those DNA tests where it tells you about where you've come from etc

Charlie
03-09-2017, 08:18 AM
Nope, it'd be interesting though but I just don't think I have the time or effort to put into doing it all.

Neversoft
03-09-2017, 10:35 AM
My auntie has done ours, with DNA samples and everything. I'll have to ask her about it next time I see her, but I remember a couple of my ancestors were tailors.

Sho
03-09-2017, 11:20 AM
yeah my ancestors were mostly tailors, dressmakers, and teachers (with two school masters on my dad's side). went to see the house that my great grandfather was born in today and only the walls remain, so sad :(

i wanna do a DNA test too but money

-:Undertaker:-
03-09-2017, 10:34 PM
no but i'll be doing a DNA test soon when i have more moneys

skint at the mo innit

zammy149
03-09-2017, 10:50 PM
no, but ive seen my brother try making one . he said he wanted to pee in a cup and send it to that ancestry website to find out more about his DNA or should i say our DNA

Sloths
03-09-2017, 11:48 PM
I tried once but the website I used found all the family my great uncle found when he did it and linking to that used up all my free family member searches so I gave up. Didn't really find much out, especially as it was only my one grandmas family tree so was kind of annoying but I don't want to pay to find out more :P

Ekelektra
05-09-2017, 12:38 PM
We bought my grandma a DNA test for her birthday because her mother was adopted, and she has always wanted to find out why. The test found a few third-cousins but they all link in to her father's side so I have to do more digging.

nat965
08-09-2017, 08:27 AM
My family goes back to the late 1700's in England/Britain that kind of area on my dad's side, and Germany on my mum's side. My dad, aunt and grandmother did a DNA test.

Nothing really interesting.

Matt
23-09-2017, 02:38 AM
nope, my dad tried to do it ages ago and got really into it, but he doesn't have the time anymore

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!