PDA

View Full Version : Do you take a long time planning/thinking about a holiday?

-:Undertaker:-
06-09-2017, 11:38 PM
Or are you like me and very laid back about it?

I can literally go anywhere. Earlier this year when me and my mate were booking to go away we literally had no idea, just popped up and were like yeah lets go away and go somewhere a bit mad. Within the hour or looking at flights etc we were about to go to Shanghai, Moscow, Singapore, Hanoi, Phnom Penh... ended up on Saigon after seeing it and doing a quick Wiki search. No fuss just book there and then and it's a done deal.

Any holiday I don't like thinking too much about it, as long as it is new, not full of tourists and I haven't been there before I am up for it. I always say if people just talk about holidays it never happens: need to book there and then.

Quite exciting really because I have seen a lot this year and will hopefully see a lot next year but I have literally no idea where I will end up going away. Could be China, Japan, Cambodia, Mongolia, Brazil, Tanzania, the Philippines - anywhere.

I would like to say by the time I am old I will have been most countries in the world (if not all). That's like an aim of mine.

WBU

e5
07-09-2017, 05:50 AM
Usually know where we want to go and book it fairly last minite

when we went to Mexico it was fairly last minute as we saw something nice online as thought bugger it let’s go

Charlie
07-09-2017, 08:45 AM
I'm pretty chill about it, the only thing I stress over is booking it in plenty of time so it doesn't go up in price although if I knew I could get it cheap then I could easily just book it whenever.

nat965
08-09-2017, 08:10 AM
Generally, I'm pretty chill. If its a big trip, or should I say, long flight (8+ hours) I'd book ahead and kinda stress, but anything like a weekend getaway I'm like yolo lets go bro.

Keegan
10-09-2017, 09:42 AM
Not really I'm normally pretty chilled about it!

Neversoft
10-09-2017, 09:49 AM
I do spend time thinking about and planning things, but I don't really go on holiday very often.

Zak
12-09-2017, 07:36 PM
I think about holidays a lot, especially when I'm at work, which is most of the time :P

17-09-2017, 09:11 PM
I think about holidays a lot, especially when I'm at work, which is most of the time :P

lmao same, i've been on holiday for 7 weeks in 2017 and in work today i was like I FANCY A HOLIDAY

my friend works in Brussels for the EU so i might go there around christmas tbh. been to Belgium but never to Brussels

RuthOnToast
17-09-2017, 09:53 PM
im sure i spend more time looking for holiday than i do on holiday. Ive been on some really shit holidays and really shit hotels i get so stress about it not being good. Normally ill decided a general area then just find places i can afford and like (I can be really fussy about where i go i hate the beach so i want to stay near the beach so i can see the sea without going on the beach) Ill find a short list of places then spend ages on trip adviser. Its worth it tho this year i found the perfect place.

TinyFroggy
10-10-2018, 01:53 AM
Of course I will take a long time planning it. But none will work. The spontaneous trips are the one usually get to go!

13-10-2018, 12:26 AM
me and a friend spent maybe 5 hours in total over a week organising our trip to Sri Lanka (Ceylon)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!