PDA

View Full Version : Would you ever write a song?

Jimbob66
02-10-2017, 06:59 PM
Today I was thinking about writing a song for fun in my room! When I discovered I couldn't think of any rhymic lyrics!

SO... Do you think a song needs to rhyme? Would you ever write a song? Are you a good singer?

I would like you all to reply to this thread with an answer to each question! I would love to see some people that have the same interests in music as me!

I hope you enjoy reading this post!

LUCPIX
02-10-2017, 08:23 PM
Writing about my feelings in the lyrical form and - worse - exposing them to people gives me a little fear, haha. With me, it only works to compose the melodies and, with a little intuition, to get people to get a message through it. If you want someone to turn your feelings into music though, there is someone who would be very happy to help you (https://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=842699), ehehe ; )

Jimbob66
02-10-2017, 08:29 PM
I requested one!!:P

Charlie
03-10-2017, 02:55 PM
I haven't and I don't think I could either. I don't think all songs need to rhyme, there is plenty out there that don't. I'd say it's more about singing about what you want and getting it across in the song well enough for others to know what you're singing about.

Keegan
04-10-2017, 03:59 PM
I've never wrote a song and I don't think I ever would as I don't really want to be a singer. I don't think songs need to rhyme either as there's quite alot of songs out there that don't rhyme!

Neversoft
04-10-2017, 06:42 PM
I think writing lyrics is slightly akin to writing poetry, but neither need to rhyme. Anybody who thinks songs need to rhyme clearly doesn't listen to music. I would definitely give being a lyricist a go, but there's not really any point if you can't compose any music to go with it.

Flakefish
04-10-2017, 10:11 PM
Song dont need to rhyme but it helps if it has a few rhyming couplets in there just for the hook really. Easiest way to write a song is get your melody first. Just a few simple chords and what not. Once you have the melody the lyrics generally come after.

-:Undertaker:-
05-10-2017, 03:40 AM
I'M NOT GONNA WRITE YOU A LOVE SONG
IF YA ASKED FOR IT
IF YA NEEDED ONE
YA SEE I'M NOT GONNA WRITE YOU A LOVE SONG

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!