PDA

View Full Version : McDonalds is trialling a vegan burger.

Charlie
06-10-2017, 05:10 PM
I don't think it's really current affairs and we don't have a food/drink forum so it's here.

Catchily named the McVegan, it consists of a soy-based patty topped with tomato, salad, pickles and vegan McFeast sauce, sandwiched between a bun.

Unfortunately for British vegans, however, the McVegan is currently only available in Finland, and for a limited time only.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/mcdonalds-vegan-burger-trial-mcvegan-finland-vegetarian-fast-food-a7985961.html

I think it's pretty awesome that they are doing this, and I'm not surprised it's in Finland that they are trialling it. My girlfriend is Finnish and she has said that there has been a rise in the amount of people who are vegan over there, and I think they might have more vegan alternatives to offer as well. There needs to be more options for vegetarians/vegans at fast food places so hopefully it'll be something they make permanent.

LUCPIX
07-10-2017, 01:11 AM
That's interesting! But, in fact, the general conception about McDonalds inside my head is already so ingrained that future complaints about the presence of beef in the SESAME of the vegan burgers would not be a complete surprise!

-:Undertaker:-
07-10-2017, 04:02 AM
I'm not sure what puzzles me more, veganism or why people would anything at McDonalds! :P

Neversoft
07-10-2017, 11:07 AM
Somebody I follow on instagram recently became vegan, and won't stop posting about it. I'm sure I'll be seeing on my feed soon enough. It's good they're offering alternatives, but — this is probably far from the truth — I have this vision in my mind that many vegans so put off by meat and animal products, that they won't bother stepping foot inside McDonald's either way.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!