PDA

View Full Version : booze tolerance

-:Undertaker:-
07-10-2017, 04:42 AM
god my tolerance to booze this year has just evaporated. i have no idea why

take the last two times i've drank (this week and last). other week i had x3 red wines at my auntys, wasn't even drunk... next day i am really feeling it in work. then other day i had x3 becherovka's and coke and a sensible measure and was done in from it. then yday i had x2 gin and tonics (again sensible measures) and like 2 wines. wasn't even drunk yet wake up to a bad hangover and feel vile all day.

was talking to my mate about this other day and how like we used to drink half a bottle of whiskey for PRE DRINKS and that was before going out and getting smashed. if i drank anything like i used to i think i would *actually* die from it.

what is it though, age or just maybe less of those mad nights. it's becoming so not worth it anymore :( i used to be quite proud of the amount i could drink and now it's pathetic!! i'm like a parent who gets hangovers from a few beers

wbu has your tolerance gone up or down??

scottish
07-10-2017, 09:42 AM
You're old.

I don't drink so it's never changed.

Neversoft
07-10-2017, 11:22 AM
I drank loads during my second year of university. Wine, cocktails, vodka, whisky, schnapps, rum... I was up for anything and could go for hours, a couple of times drinking until I was sick. My tolerance went down when drinking became a thing for weekends. At the beginning I would confidently make my through 500 ml of vodka, but I started to waver after a little while. The less frequently I drank, the more my tolerance dropped, which makes a lot of sense. I don't think it really has anything to do with getting old.

Charlie
07-10-2017, 02:27 PM
My tolerance has gone up and down.

If I'm going out and drinking quite a bit then I can usually handle more and know when to stop so I don't get too messy, apart from the odd occasion when I've had one or two more than I should have. If I'm just drinking at home then it's usually a couple, or sometimes just one and then I can feel it but my measures are probably a bit too big sometimes so that might explain it. I do think as well if I'm going out drinking then I probably pace myself more than I would at home which probably helps me drink more.

nat965
10-10-2017, 07:59 PM
I don't drink so its pretty low when I do drink on the odd occasion.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!