PDA

View Full Version : Habbo's people

LUCPIX
18-12-2017, 06:01 PM
It is said Habbo is progressively sinking but, as an online game's heart is mostly made out of those who live in it, who are the sailors? :P

Hey, what do you think about the average Habbo users these days?, and also how they are "better" or "worse" than the userbase from the past? Like, that's a genuine question cus I registered in 2010 and some things might've changed since 2001, in terms of people lol

Do you think that there's still a chance to make true friendships, to find cool people inside the game or most of them don't really want deep talk and just want to take care of their business or won't they say a thing at all? Are they more motivated to have fun or maybe the complete opposite of it?? Like umm dementor-like habbos which suck our energies and enthusiasm by not being able to even sustain a convo?

Timmy.hi2
18-12-2017, 07:26 PM
I think we still have great chance of forming friendships and ones that last. Ive formed a few on here . please be on my chiibi man. that first day we met we got on so well like my brother.

Neversoft
19-12-2017, 10:57 AM
This is partly nostalgia, but I think Habbo was its best in 2005/6ish. Habbo UK at that point was massively popular, and every day there would be new rooms at the top of the navigator, and all of the categories would be filled out. These days, some categories are so dead they display rooms with nobody in. It's definitely not as popular as it once was, and I think the sense of 'community' has been seriouly diluted. User events are massively popular, but it doesn't seem as though the staff have as much of a prescence. Due to the nature of the game, it's always going to be fairly easy to find people to talk to, but it's certainly not what it once was. There are a lot of edgelords and meme culture about now, too. Looking back ten years ago, everyone seems so innocent! Personally, for me, I think it's harder to make friends on Habbo now because I seem to be much older than the dominant age bracket, and people my age don't appear to log in as frequently, or aren't able to commit as much time to the game. I used to play Habbo all the time from 2004 until 2006, so I made loads of friends, but now I have other things going on, and Habbo just isn't as appealing.

Jarkie
19-12-2017, 11:11 AM
Habbo is definitely not how it used to be when I first joined back in '05. I have made some life long friends because of Habbo, that is for sure. With regards to the current clement I would say it is hard to find long lasting friendship on Habbo, as there are quite a number of people using Habbo for wrong doings. Saying that though, I tend to find the most interesting people to chat to in genuine Habbo chat rooms (normally the over 18 ones).

Attached
19-12-2017, 04:36 PM
As a user since 2002 I've made a number of friends who I am still in contact with today in one form or another. It is still possible to do so today - you can find lasting friendships anywhere.

Users were without doubt better "back in my day", but that isn't really Habbo's fault, its more of a society/ generational thing. In the early-00s both Habbo and the internet itself were fairly new. Habbo was pretty much the most impressive thing I found on the internet round that time, and that is why I stuck with it for so long. Since then the Internet has been taken over by the social media era, with myspace rising and falling, and the likes of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram dominating, as well as online gaming. Unfortunately Habbo just doesn't stand out that much anymore. Then, when you factor in that we live in an age where our youth have incredibly short attention spans online, because it is so easy to just one-click onto something else, you see Habbo is fighting a bit of a losing battle. I could go on...

Habbo's golden age was a right place, right time kind of thing that just won't ever be repeated.

Alkaz
22-12-2017, 04:49 PM
I totally agree with Neversoft. In 2005/2006 the game was still basic enough but more advanced from 2001 Habbo to still engage people and let people use their imagination. These days it seems too complex with wired and 200 different furniture lines, even the general layout of everything is far more complex than it was 10 years ago.

Neversoft
22-12-2017, 07:55 PM
In 2005/2006 the game was still basic enough but more advanced from 2001 Habbo to still engage people and let people use their imagination. These days it seems too complex with wired

God, yes. Games like wobble squabble and kick wars seem dead and forgotten now that wired is about. Every event it's wired this and wired that. You just don't see puzzles and things like L1C's maze on Habbo anymore.

lawrawrrr
22-12-2017, 09:08 PM
I really like that there aren't as many POOLS CLOSED trolls around the hotel, but it would be nice if there were more players around like the good old days.

I also find it nicer that it seems a bit more mature rather than full of bwaby swearching fwor mwummy... but that might just be the rooms I visit now? IDk you used to see them everywhere but not so much any more. And people searching for dates/rich BFs, used to be literally everywhere but not so much these days.

I've been accused a couple of times for being a paedo for being on Habbo at the ripe old age of 24 (although it hasn't happened since I've BEEN 24), lit just for being on the game?? Then someone yday called me a child and said I wouldn't understand.. so go figure. It's p easy to just not acknowledge how old you are which is what I do most of the time outside of Habbox rooms!!

There are a lot of old features but as this is a thread about people I won't go into it.....

Alba
29-12-2017, 12:06 AM
This is partly nostalgia, but I think Habbo was its best in 2005/6ish. Habbo UK at that point was massively popular, and every day there would be new rooms at the top of the navigator, and all of the categories would be filled out. These days, some categories are so dead they display rooms with nobody in. It's definitely not as popular as it once was, and I think the sense of 'community' has been seriouly diluted. User events are massively popular, but it doesn't seem as though the staff have as much of a prescence. Due to the nature of the game, it's always going to be fairly easy to find people to talk to, but it's certainly not what it once was. There are a lot of edgelords and meme culture about now, too. Looking back ten years ago, everyone seems so innocent! Personally, for me, I think it's harder to make friends on Habbo now because I seem to be much older than the dominant age bracket, and people my age don't appear to log in as frequently, or aren't able to commit as much time to the game. I used to play Habbo all the time from 2004 until 2006, so I made loads of friends, but now I have other things going on, and Habbo just isn't as appealing.
The period from 2005/7 was peak years for the Hacking/Scripting scene, and was anything but innocent imo. It was ridiculous some of the things you could do to others. The Hotel is definitely a safer place than it was back then, pity it'll never be as vibrant.

I also agree with what people saying below about wired ruining things abit, i'd add to that and say that the 'larger' rooms killed things for me too.

Neversoft
29-12-2017, 12:50 AM
The period from 2005/7 was peak years for the Hacking/Scripting scene, and was anything but innocent imo. It was ridiculous some of the things you could do to others. The Hotel is definitely a safer place than it was back then, pity it'll never be as vibrant.

I also agree with what people saying below about wired ruining things abit, i'd add to that and say that the 'larger' rooms killed things for me too.

By innocent I meant that the user base was generally of a similar age and uncorrupted by all of the media of today. People would give out their juvenile Bebo and Piczo websites, and pay for credits over the phone. It just seemed like a more wholesome place, but I was hacked multiple times so I know how savage some of those people could be.

LUCPIX
29-12-2017, 01:50 AM
uncorrupted by all of the media of today.

But wouldn't they (the young internet users from UK/US) be "corrupted" by the media that are equivalents of the ones we usually have these days, like MySpace or ICQ or were they completely different when it comes to the way people would actually use them?

Neversoft
29-12-2017, 02:01 AM
But wouldn't they (the young internet users from UK/US) be "corrupted" by the media that are equivalents of the ones we usually have these days, like MySpace or ICQ or were they completely different when it comes to the way people would actually use them?

I think people were a lot more reserved back in 2004. It was was a scandal to get on 'Habbo Expose,' but anybody and their dog just dishes out Facebook now. Internet 'culture' is much more developed now — fifteen years ago it felt as though the general user was more or less on the same page, but now it's very multifaceted.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!