PDA

View Full Version : Censor or Uncensored version?

PrettyLoven
05-02-2018, 12:31 AM
Do you sometimes listen to the censor version of a song or the uncensored version?
Or does it depend on how much "graphic-ness" you can take?

I was listening to a song the other night on Youtube by T.I. I listened to the real version of the song for the first time and I must say, the uncensored version was off beat compare to the clean version I head on my video game. And it was, as expected, too graphic.
There is a song feat. Lil Kim that is one of my favorite song that I prefer uncensored. The difference with the song and the T.I song is that the Lil Kim sound has swear words that doesn't describe a woman in a down degrading manner. The T.I song uncensored did that too graphic-ly. The censor version, although it was slightly graphic, I could bare.

How about you?: )

Neversoft
05-02-2018, 12:41 PM
Uncensored is always best. Censored versions feel dirty and incomplete.

Ekelektra
05-02-2018, 12:44 PM
Probably the uncensored because that's how it's supposed to be and I don't mind bad words!! It's jarring when a song is censored but you can tell what is supposed to be there and usually even if it is a clean version I sing it normally anyway. But I don't like it when it's unnecessary and thrown in just to be shocking and I don't listen to music that needs to be heavily censored anyway.

FlyingJesus
05-02-2018, 06:09 PM
Mostly uncensored so you don't get random silences/beeps/jarring additions BUTTTTTTTT there are two songs that I firmly believe are better in the censored versions:

Black Eyed Peas - Let's Get It Started
This was originally "Let's Get ******ed" which wasn't meant to be a dig at the handicapped but a slang word for drunk. Still, the change makes it much better and more pleasant to sing/shout along to :P

CeeLo Green - Forget You
As you're probably aware, this originally had a much less mild F word in the title. "Forget" actually fits the rhythm better in my opinion so the radio edit here is the winner

Special mention to Lily Allen who did It's Not Fair live on radio and changed the line "I spent ages giving head" to "I spent all day kneading bread"

LUCPIX
06-02-2018, 05:45 AM
CeeLo Green - Forget You
As you're probably aware, this originally had a much less mild F word in the title. "Forget" actually fits the rhythm better in my opinion so the radio edit here is the winner

Special mention to Lily Allen who did It's Not Fair live on radio and changed the line "I spent ages giving head" to "I spent all day kneading bread"

AND Lily has a song whose title has a much less mild F word in :P

The English explicit content never bothered me or sounded offensive, maybe because I got to know them after childhood and my concept of what is a bad word is entirely different. For example, it'd be a bit embarrassing to listen to an explicit Brazilian song next to the family rsrsrsrsrsrssrsrs.

Sonnynixon
09-02-2018, 08:55 AM
I prefer the uncensored version because it is weird when it is the censored version because you dont get the feel off the music :)

lawrawrrr
09-02-2018, 07:08 PM
Depends on the song and the word. Generally I'll turn off every song that has the N word in it because I think it's totally unnecessary but most other swears are OK. It's sometimes just so gratuitious and adds NOTHING to the song. Then people like Eminem have swears in their songs and it seems normal

RIGHT I HAVE AN EXAMPLE

Take Zayn's Pillow Talk

What is the ADDITION of having "fucking you" instead of "loving you". The song sounds BETTER as loving IMO, it seems gratuitous and like he's deliberately trying to distance himself from him 1D says

Several Pink songs have unnecessary swearing

BASICALLY i'd choose censored over non-censored in most cases, so I'd choose that with no context!

TinyFroggy
12-10-2018, 12:02 PM
Uncensored! All the time. I think music is about expression, why curb?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!