PDA

View Full Version : sims 4 jungle adventure

Sho
26-02-2018, 11:24 PM
new game pack out tomorrow, if anyone plays sims 4

i'm probably gonna get it because i own all the others, but i'm not THAT excited. forever waiting for sims 4 university

here's the trailer for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZTgUlEZqgk

Sloths
26-02-2018, 11:28 PM
I’m not hugely excited either, I’ll probably get it at some point when it’s on sale but I’m not gonna buy it as soon as it launches. I was super excited for Cats and Dogs but never even got that as soon as it launched so no way I would this haha!

Omg University yesss! That was my fave Sims 3 pack!

lawrawrrr
26-02-2018, 11:29 PM
Sims 4 university that would be a dream

This looks ok but tbh Sims isn’t “quest-y” enough for these area packs to be useful!! Will probably download it and have a look though :)))))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sho
27-02-2018, 03:41 AM
Sims 4 university that would be a dream

This looks ok but tbh Sims isn’t “quest-y” enough for these area packs to be useful!! Will probably download it and have a look though :)))))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it comes with an avocado wall piece thing

FlyingJesus
27-02-2018, 10:42 AM
It's a shame they made Sims 4 closed world, the looks and interactions are fab but I can't justify leaving most of the family to fend for themselves while one person goes somewhere fun for half a day. Sims 3 forever baby

LUCPIX
28-02-2018, 02:29 AM
This looks ok but tbh Sims isn’t “quest-y” enough for these area packs to be useful!!

Except if this jungle area is actually a HUGE The Sims 3-esque open world and we can control Sims with the keyboard, then we'd get also a new Tomb Raider @_@ Personally, doing quests and controlling the characters in the slow-paced gameplay of the mouse-click-oriented can be a bit exhausting, as it were in The Sims Makin' Magic

Enlighten me, IGN or whoever!!

lawrawrrr
28-02-2018, 07:01 PM
Except if this jungle area is actually a HUGE The Sims 3-esque open world and we can control Sims with the keyboard, then we'd get also a new Tomb Raider @_@ Personally, doing quests and controlling the characters in the slow-paced gameplay of the mouse-click-oriented can be a bit exhausting, as it were in The Sims Makin' Magic

Enlighten me, IGN or whoever!!
this is the dream but EA won't do anything different on Sims cos that's TOO MUCH!!

I reckon sims 5 will include more quest/explore stuff. It's a cool idea!

FlyingJesus
28-02-2018, 07:51 PM
I JUST HOPE THE NEXT GAME IS OPEN WORLD what's the point in making an enormous family of freaks and only being able to control one or two because the others are at home

Sho
28-02-2018, 08:02 PM
tbh i just switch controls between the ones that are on holiday/a different lot and the ones that are at home. and then set controls for the ones i'm not controlling atm so they'll do something productive on their own, like skill building or something.

Sloths
28-02-2018, 09:15 PM
The only problem with them bringing out new packs all the time is my goal to complete all the collections by the end of the year just gets bigger and bigger with all the new collections for the new packs aargh

FlyingJesus
28-02-2018, 10:12 PM
It's almost as though they want to take your money

LUCPIX
03-03-2018, 09:51 PM
I reckon sims 5 will include more quest/explore stuff. It's a cool idea!

For some reason, I have this new feeling The Sims 5 (or, if they're savage, The Sims V) will never really exist
We'll need to enhance our programming skills and make it by ourselves :( I recommend us to insert pool in the vanilla game already because the average fan hates losing elements from previous games, lol

FlyingJesus
04-03-2018, 03:50 PM
Sims 5 just needs to be the open world of Sims 3, the social interactions of Sims 4, the shops and moddability of Sims 2 and the humour of Sims 1

Sho
05-03-2018, 05:19 AM
i agree although not having an open world doesn't bother me much. the only thing i think is unneeded is having to go through a loading screen just to visit another house. like, when you move in a house it loads that entire area, allowing you to access your house and the entire street to chat, harvest collectibles, or whatever. but if you want to visit your neighbours you have to go through a loading screen to access their house (which then unloads your house, meaning you have to go through a loading screen just to go back home afterward).

if you zoom into their windows you can see inside their house, all the furniture and items have loaded in, so the only thing that you load in with the loading screen (i assume) is the sims who live there to be doing whatever it is they are doing at that time, which wouldn't need a loading screen imo since you already have the sims in the neighbourhood doing their own thing anyway, so what's a few more?

LUCPIX
07-03-2018, 02:52 AM
i agree although not having an open world doesn't bother me much. the only thing i think is unneeded is having to go through a loading screen just to visit another house. like, when you move in a house it loads that entire area, allowing you to access your house and the entire street to chat, harvest collectibles, or whatever. but if you want to visit your neighbours you have to go through a loading screen to access their house (which then unloads your house, meaning you have to go through a loading screen just to go back home afterward).

if you zoom into their windows you can see inside their house, all the furniture and items have loaded in, so the only thing that you load in with the loading screen (i assume) is the sims who live there to be doing whatever it is they are doing at that time, which wouldn't need a loading screen imo since you already have the sims in the neighbourhood doing their own thing anyway, so what's a few more?

Mhm, the game ignores the fact that the house we're visiting is already preloaded over a long distance or is not visible from the game's camera, so the loading is redone even when technically you do not need it ahhahaha

Not having an open world became a pain after we've gotten accustomed to have it because of Sim 3, after spending nine years without having it; Not having it was like walking backwards and now we are forcing ourselves a homeostatic condition to learn not to have what we spend nine years without having! :S LOOKS LIKE RELATIONSHIPS. Even The Sims 1's neighborhood screen is more advanced than the current one because it has an animated stream, heh

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!