PDA

View Full Version : Shoutout Box

_spirit
21-05-2018, 12:04 AM
I was thinking for a way of all members to contact with each other could we have a shout out box and then also staff can promote the current event and that?

Sloths
21-05-2018, 12:43 AM
I swear this has been talked about so many times and has been declined many times for reasons I can’t remember although possibly cuz vbulletin version is bad or something very helpful I know...

i mean the community notice board is specifically for event promotions

Samantha
21-05-2018, 11:44 AM
It's been declined so many times because there's no need for one - it'll decrease activity on the forum even further and it may potentially be abused (rule breaks stuff like that).

Hannah
21-05-2018, 05:06 PM
I don't know why anyone would want a shoutbox. They're horrible things and completely destroy forum activity. Additionally, going to chat is what the client is for - and that's the only reason in particular I go onto habbo at all.

RyRy
22-05-2018, 02:35 PM
Bring back Flashchat.

Conor
23-05-2018, 10:01 AM
I don't think this would be a great idea, although I see where you're coming from and it would be helpful but I think after a while it'll just die and no one will use it anymore. Like Sam said, the CNB is for event promotions although that's died down as well for reasons unknown.

lawrawrrr
25-05-2018, 02:44 PM
I echo what's been said above! It's almost impossible to manage effectively and most people are chatting on Skype or client so I think it would be redundant!

Chris
25-05-2018, 08:41 PM
I'm sure we actually once trialed a chatbox back when Scott was manager. Needless to say, it went away pretty quickly!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!