PDA

View Full Version : VISA Causes HAVOC

Conor
01-06-2018, 07:01 PM
You might have seen on the news and in newspapers that if you have a VISA bank card then you're unable to use it as all VISA systems have gone down all across Europe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44335804

Customers across the UK and Europe have been unable to pay for their purchases with Visa cards because of a network failure.

Some shoppers reported they were stuck in queues in supermarkets and petrol stations as Visa transactions could not be processed.

Banks have advised customers that they can still withdraw cash from ATMs.

Visa says it is working to resolve the issue. Mastercard and American Express said they were not affected.

Payment processing through Visa's systems accounts for £1 in £3 of all UK spending, the company said.

Paymentsense, which runs card services for small businesses, said some transactions were now starting to go through but there was a backlog.

Responding to complaints on social media, HSBC said there were issues with processing Visa payments, which were intermittent, but were "slowly recovering".

Jay Curtis, from Swansea, had two cards declined in B&Q when he tried to pay for £240 worth of goods.

"My card just wouldn't go through," the 32-year-old told the BBC.

"I didn't have cash on me so I had to drive all the way home."

Elle Gibbs-Murray, from Bridgend, said she was stuck in traffic on the Severn Bridge for 45 minutes as drivers were unable to pay the toll by card.

- BBC News

So far it seems to be that it's only contactless payments that aren't working.

Comment if you've had problems or if it hasn't affected you!

P.S. Did you like the title? :D

-:Undertaker:-
01-06-2018, 07:07 PM
Goes to show, stick to cash!

TinyFroggy
01-06-2018, 11:03 PM
Goes to show, stick to cash!

Or bitcoin :p

Hahah. Every system has their own downside. Hope they will recover fast enough. Too many visa card holders across the world!

Neversoft
02-06-2018, 03:04 AM
Havoc is a bit of an overstatement.

scottish
02-06-2018, 08:31 PM
Yeah it is an overstatement, my contactless got declined so I just paid with chip and pin, havoc averted.

FlyingJesus
02-06-2018, 11:35 PM
CHAOS AND PANDEMONIUM

RIOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Does this mean anything I've bought over the weekend is free because that would be great

Conor
04-06-2018, 01:41 PM
Does this mean anything I've bought over the weekend is free because that would be great

If this happened then I'd think it'll cause even more havoc ahah

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!