PDA

View Full Version : [TV] Netflix

Zak
13-08-2018, 09:40 AM
Hello everyone

I was wondering how many people had Netflix? and what shows people were watching/recommendations?

I'm a big fan of documentaries and history (not great content for these on Netflix if I'm honest).

Below are a few series I gave a try and really enjoyed

Final Space
Big Mouth
Plebs

What about you??

LUCPIX
13-08-2018, 04:54 PM
I personally don't have an account since I still think its more advantageous to watch the things via alternative ways other than streaming

Blance
13-08-2018, 05:17 PM
i use netflix quite a bit actually, that and youtube. maybe some movie streaming sites but thats about it.

ive been really getting into Ozark lately, keeps me intrigued! thats hard to do! and second season starts the end of this month.

but i always tell people to watch "The Almighty Johnsons" i watched that show when it first came out and i loved it! and since its been on netflix at least another dozen times.

i like alot of horror tv shows and such too. something a little darker... so if you haven't checked out Hannibal (and can stand the gore) check it out too!

Neversoft
13-08-2018, 06:01 PM
I only get Netflix when they offer me a free month, but my favoruite TV shows are...

Fargo
Breaking Bad
Mr. Robot
Game of Thrones
Peaky Blinders
Better Call Saul
House of Cards (Season 1 and 2)
Peep Show

As for documentaries, I generally enjoy anything from Werner Herzog or Louis Theroux, and of course the Attenborough nature programmes.

Three I recommend specifically are Grizzly Man, Senna, and Project Nim. They've all stuck with me to some degree, especially Grizzly Man. It's all about Timothy Treadwell, who was a staunch environmentalist and bear enthusiast. He spent entire summers living amongst bears in a National Park in Alaska, before he and his girlfriend were killed by one. Treadwell was himself a filmmaker, and shot hundreds of hours of footage around these bears. He's a very interesting personality, clearly very passionate, but sometimes blindly so. Herzog takes the footage and examines his character. It's very engrossing in the way its constructed. I always love his narration in his thick German accent. Here's a clip (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWH_9VRWn8Y) from another of his documentaries that I found compelling.

Pretty much anything with Louis Theroux is worth watching. So much so, it's difficult to single out particular documentaries. He did a three part series recently on the dark side of LA called 'LA Stories,' and another last year called 'Dark States.' His documentaries filmed for BBC Two and typically very good. I really like 'Miami Mega Jail' and the one he did on Ohio’s State Psychiatric Hospitals called 'By Reason of Insanity.' He also compiled a list of his favourite documentaries (https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06d8wd8) quite recently which is worth a gander (they're all specially on iPlayer for the time being).

dbgtz
07-09-2018, 11:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW3T7GEHs_8

Sloths
08-09-2018, 12:38 AM
Atypical season two is out today!

_spirit
09-09-2018, 06:55 PM
Iron Fist season 2 is out

Narnat,
13-09-2018, 08:10 PM
I have Netflix I have a few programmes on the go just now

Breaking Bad
Once upon a time (Recommended if you like Disney)
Prison Break (Watching for the third time)

buttons
13-09-2018, 09:06 PM
stranger things
archer
how to get away with murder

TinyFroggy
19-09-2018, 09:18 AM
I don't get why people pay to watch from netflix since basically there's a lot of source to watch from free. Maybe I'm just stingy. Well, most probably cause I don't watch movies/series a lot XD

dbgtz
19-09-2018, 07:21 PM
because if nobody paid for things nothing would get made

YellowBelli
19-09-2018, 07:55 PM
Atypical season two is out today!

I love this!

Sloths
19-09-2018, 10:40 PM
I love this!

Its so good!! I’m only halfway through the second season because lack of time but I can’t wait to finish it!!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!