PDA

View Full Version : Competition: Whatever Bloats Your Float - Ends 19th Sep

James
24-08-2018, 08:22 AM
http://habbox.com/text/plants/Whatever+bloats%20your%20float

We all have these common phrases that we say, either unwittingly or just as a force of habit, to get a message across. Quite a common one being "Whatever floats your boat", which basically means "whatever works best for you". Its almost a way of giving in to an argument. However, our very own Jazzy likes to take these sorts of phrases and change them slightly to bring us all a good laugh. Her most common one she says is the example above, but she changes it to "whatever bloats your float" which sounds silly, but at the end of the day, you're still floating so I guess it still makes sense.

For this competition, I would like you to come up with an unusual phrase, or just alter a more known one slightly, so it still makes sense in that situation, but sounds silly. The silliest will win.

Prize: 10c

YellowBelli
12-09-2018, 06:20 AM
This competition is now open!

jamiexo
12-09-2018, 12:17 PM
I know something that is very common in my area is people using the word "piss" as an adjective for phrases. For example, the phrase "piss poor" means that someone is very poor. This is just one of the many examples of the ways it is used lol

LidyaWillows
12-09-2018, 05:20 PM
I always laugh at the phrase 'cool as a cucumber' like it came from a poem in the 1700s but the modern take on the word 'cool' makes it seem strange....

Cadigyna
13-09-2018, 12:16 AM
I always find the phrase 'There is no cow on the ice' super odd but it apparently it means there is no reason to panic.

but to me it just makes me cough a laugh a little like if I was drinking water and someone said it id probably mini laugh or choke on the drink cause its very unusual. (but that might be just me idk)

FlyingJesus
13-09-2018, 05:19 PM
The one I use most is omf instead of omg because being Jesus, it makes sense to say oh my father *+*+*+

lawrawrrr
13-09-2018, 08:34 PM
The one I use most is omf instead of omg because being Jesus, it makes sense to say oh my father *+*+*+
YOU GOT THIS FROM ME i say omf all the time cos I keep mistyping omg but i've made it oh my f-word ;)

I always like catching people out by saying "let's make sure we've dotted the 'ts and crossed the i's before we send this out", people never notice

Lill-MeeDK
16-09-2018, 08:13 PM
in danish we have a proverb similar to "worry about that bridge when you cross it", but we say "that time that sorrow" and when people say it i always end it with "or happiness" because why does it always have to be bad??

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!