PDA

View Full Version : [Life] ADULTING PROBLEMS

lawrawrrr
03-10-2018, 08:34 PM
https://image.ibb.co/epKXzU/bonnieblonde3.png

I wanted to make a thread for all the adults here to RANT about ADULT PROBLEMS

and I don't mean sex problems but boring sensible I am an adult and have adult responsibilities.

OK.

-----------

Mine is this.

SO my bin collection is on a Monday right so I traipse out on Sunday evening it's so freaking cold and my food waste bin was vile but I get it, out tie it up, put it in the bigger bin for collection, put my 4 bins out (food, paper, glass, plastic & metal). NOT A HAPPY BUNNY I was feeling so sick and shit I was not loving life.

Get home from work on Monday and what do I see??? OH LOOK only 2 of my bins have been collected. There's nothing wrong in either of them and the bin men haven't "red tagged" them (which means they haven't been collected FOR A REASON) so wtf has happened?

Contact the council and ask for a new pickup. Leave them outside in the mean time cos who knows when the council will come round to pick them up???

ANYWAY so I get home today and despite being told they would be picked up they HAVEN'T because some ******ING ******* have put their leftover maccies and empty bottles in my paper bin, and KICKED MY FOOD WASTE BIN over. Thank god I found it before a fox did, but I've had to clear that up.

SUCH ADULTING ISSUES.

I now feel better having ranted though. Thank you Habbox.

FlyingJesus
03-10-2018, 09:54 PM
Haha we have 3 bins - refuse, recycling, green waste (trees n ting) and they pretty much take anything then just complain later if you've put something in wrong :P

My main adulting issue is IRONING SHIRTS it takes so long and they're just gonna get crumpled again ugh they do look nice for a bit though

TinyFroggy
04-10-2018, 01:39 AM
I don't know where to go for my future works. My mom asked me to go to a very deserted place (it's near the tallest mountains in Malaysia) because she wants to visit it one day but I kinda not into it because, well, I'm just not into it. Instead I wanna be somewhere near home.

But really, if my mom doesn't even want me here, why would I bother. T.T

YellowBelli
04-10-2018, 03:23 AM
My little girl wants to get ready for nursery & its only 4am
... help

Zak
04-10-2018, 09:48 AM
I'm always waiting for the next thing to break in the house. It's one thing after another.. and constant expenditure.

FlyingJesus
04-10-2018, 12:02 PM
My little girl wants to get ready for nursery & its only 4am
... help

Muzzle her

Ekelektra
04-10-2018, 12:22 PM
School kids on public transport being so loud! Its always so nice when it’s just adults because it’s quiet and I just zone out, but my tram goes past lots of private schools and when the kids hop on they’re soooo annoying.

scottish
04-10-2018, 12:46 PM
Recycling is overrated.

Zak
04-10-2018, 01:04 PM
The weekly food shop

scottish
04-10-2018, 05:23 PM
The weekly food shop

that's one of the best things?!

buttons
04-10-2018, 05:43 PM
Haha we have 3 bins - refuse, recycling, green waste (trees n ting) and they pretty much take anything then just complain later if you've put something in wrong :P

My main adulting issue is IRONING SHIRTS it takes so long and they're just gonna get crumpled again ugh they do look nice for a bit though
this is why I either iron my clothes the night before and lay them out nicely or do it in the morning (so it'll be ironed and nice and warm when you put them on)

lawrawrrr
04-10-2018, 08:02 PM
I iron in a batch like once a fortnight (when i do washing) rather than each day I woulld lose my shit if I had to do it EVERY DAY!!

buttons
04-10-2018, 08:49 PM
takes like 5 mins in the morning or at night, rather that than 2 weeks worth of clothing. plus think fj meant once he irons it and puts it away it comes out creased so was pointless to iron
plus how can u go 2 weeks without doing laundry! my basket is full after 3-4 days. I do bedding/towel wash on a Saturday and clothing whenever my basket is full, so 2-3 loads a week

Sloths
04-10-2018, 09:23 PM
Hoovering is the worst, I hate it. It's not actually that bad, just a lot of effort to get out my old hoover and plug it in and lug it around. If I got a newer one that's easier to swipe around it'll probably be easier but how flipping expensive are things these days?

-:Undertaker:-
04-10-2018, 09:56 PM
yes we had bin troubles this summer... our green bin got stolen one week then we ordered another off the council then that got stolen so then after that we had to get up and watch the bins and bring it in quickly after it was collected. tbh we think it was some builder we had beef with cos we posted a negative ad on the community fb group cos he let us down over and over again.

i was DYING to catch them taking it though, was planning to follow them (if they walked taking it) and then taking ALL of their bins muwahahaha. my motto is if you wanna play mind games there's only gonna be one winner cos i'll take it ALL the way till i win

Zak
05-10-2018, 07:32 AM
that's one of the best things?!

Depends if you are budgeting or not ;).. to be honest it's one of my guilty pleasures. I was trying to think of mundane tasks for the thread :P

FlyingJesus
05-10-2018, 05:33 PM
Hoovering is the worst, I hate it. It's not actually that bad, just a lot of effort to get out my old hoover and plug it in and lug it around. If I got a newer one that's easier to swipe around it'll probably be easier but how flipping expensive are things these days?

Gtech AirRAM, literal life changer and worth every penny

TinyFroggy
05-10-2018, 11:00 PM
I sent my clothes to laundry shop just for ironing. Because I figured, what's the better place for me to use my salary at? I'd rather not be 'working' at work and at home T.T

FlyingJesus
06-10-2018, 04:24 PM
JUST GOT HOME AND PUT A LOAD OF WASHING ON, WAS LIKE YES WELL DONE TOM THEN REALISED I NEEDED TO WASH THE CLOTHES I HAD ON AT THE TIME TOO

buttons
06-10-2018, 04:33 PM
JUST GOT HOME AND PUT A LOAD OF WASHING ON, WAS LIKE YES WELL DONE TOM THEN REALISED I NEEDED TO WASH THE CLOTHES I HAD ON AT THE TIME TOO
every. time.

lawrawrrr
06-10-2018, 05:33 PM
takes like 5 mins in the morning or at night, rather that than 2 weeks worth of clothing. plus think fj meant once he irons it and puts it away it comes out creased so was pointless to iron
plus how can u go 2 weeks without doing laundry! my basket is full after 3-4 days. I do bedding/towel wash on a Saturday and clothing whenever my basket is full, so 2-3 loads a week
it takes me like an hour but then I don't have to do it every day, move out the ironing board, wait for iron etc it's just effort every morning when I usually only have about 20 minutes to get ready! I hang most of my clothes up or fold carefully so they're not that creased.

2-3 loads a WEEK?? How many outfits do you go through a day to fill up your basket that quickly?? Is that just for yourself???? My basket literlly doesn't get full until about a month!

I wash my bedding once a fortnight-3 weeks, swtich sides so I'm not sleeping in the same bit for more than a week and a half to keep washing costs and effort down. I do a full towel wash like once a month too and chuck it all in the druer

buttons
06-10-2018, 06:14 PM
maybe my basket is just small. i only have a small washing machine tbf so it only fits in about 4-5 days worth of clothes. plus i usually change my cardigans/jumper jackets most days cause im oily/sweaty so that's probably why. i just wash my bedding and towels in one go once a week on a saturday as it's easier to remember. but same i turn my bedding over through the week. but also same i hang my clothes up to dry so they either don't need to be ironed or just a quick over so it's not too much effort for me, i usually do it at night. I find doing the whole process of laundry/ironing relaxing tho so it's not effort to me and I enjoy doing it and look for excuse to do it aha but yeah not the greatest energy saving... but I just like the smell of freshly laundered clothing/bedding/towels!

Sloths
06-10-2018, 07:09 PM

Yesss ffs I hate it when this happens and it always happens!

lawrawrrr
06-10-2018, 09:26 PM
whenever i plan on a light wash i always wear dark clothes that day etc so i dont IMMEDIATELY have washing to do!!

FlyingJesus
06-10-2018, 09:50 PM
I don't even separate colours half the time just chuck everything in and hope for the best

buttons
06-10-2018, 10:32 PM
WASHING CLOTHES IS FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BEST ADULT CHORE

Empired
07-10-2018, 09:22 AM
I love doing laundry and the weekly shop

But one thing that's driving me mad this morning is i like to do all the house cleaning on a sunday so I can get it all nicely out the way in one day, swept and washed the kitchen floor at like 7am this morning and closed the door so the dog wouldn't get in then went back upstairs to snooze/read my book. came back down about an hour ago and someone has let the dog in and there's teeny tiny dog pawprints everywhere and she's got wet pawprints on the sofa too </3 such a tragedy

FlyingJesus
07-10-2018, 10:06 AM
Eat the dog

Sian
07-10-2018, 11:54 AM

I do that every damn time... and i keep forgetting to put my tea towel in the wash...

lawrawrrr
27-10-2018, 05:43 PM
I have spent the last 2 hours looking at my energy bills, researching alternatives and switching providers

how FUN!!!!!!!

buttons
27-10-2018, 07:24 PM
Spent my Saturday stripping wallpaper cause I don't like this one instead of going to a party cause I know id just waste money and my weekend being hungover.

lawrawrrr
27-10-2018, 10:45 PM
new adult problem of the day:

my radiator in my lounge has rusted through (yayyyy old house) but it's a funny size so I have to now replace/extend all the pipes lol :))))

I don't have the money for this bs :))))

FlyingJesus
28-10-2018, 04:37 PM
I have tomorrow off and all I can think to do is go shopping for thermal underwear

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!