PDA

View Full Version : Christmas and snow?

TinyFroggy
14-12-2018, 10:27 AM
Do you always celebrate christmas with snow? I mean, they both are always being portrayed together. I assume it's very geographically bounded.

I wonder how does it feel if one celebrate christmas without snowing in their area. :P

Ekelektra
15-12-2018, 04:04 AM
Well snow is definitely not a part of Christmas here since it's Summer and even in winter you have to go driving up to the mountains to actually find it. So Christmas here is hot but it's good because the weather is nice! So we usually sit outside and like this year we'll be at the beach.

Although...

In 2006 it was a cold December and Christmas Day ended up being the coldest in 150 years. So by some weather fluke it actually snowed on Christmas Day. We still had to go driving for ages to a high altitude and it was possible it would have already melted by the time we got there but it was so crazy to say we had a white Christmas in the middle of Summer.

tbl
15-12-2018, 04:27 AM
I have lived in the same geographical area for the better part of my life, and I think I've only ever had snow once for Christmas. Sometimes it doesn't feel like it should be the holidays because it seems like so many other places have snow. Sometimes it doesn't really matter if there's no snow on the ground.

sexpot
15-12-2018, 05:43 AM
Have literally never seen snow at Christmas :P It doesn't matter to me though because it's still cold as fuck

TinyFroggy
15-12-2018, 10:38 AM
I thought most of you guys live in UK? :O

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!