PDA

View Full Version : Rewatching movies you've watched a long time ago

TinyFroggy
15-12-2018, 01:42 PM
Have you ever just watched a movie you've previously watched years before and then you understand it in the very next level?

I am not a fan of watching movies over and over again. So what I've seen during my childhood, I don't watch it again. But when I do, of course my comprehension level now is way greater than I used to back then. Therefore, I understood the story in a very different way after that. Which makes me looks like I'm watching a new movie.

For example, yesterday, I just rewatched The Matrix. And omg, what a movie?!

Lmao. Only now I know why there is the blue and red pill meme. Lol.

Just wondering if any of you experience the same like I do? XD

Neversoft
16-12-2018, 07:42 PM
This is the best way to experience a number of films. Whilst I feel the first watch is typically the best (since everything is new and exciting), I have seen so many films in a new light upon watching them again. Sometimes I haven't liked a film, but I happen to watch it again, and find I actually do enjoy it.

lucyecc
20-12-2018, 02:07 AM
I watched the greatest showman, I have not watched it since June does that count.

Triz
22-12-2018, 02:25 PM
I watched the greatest showman, I have not watched it since June does that count.

Completely! I haven't watched it since about June either, so I guess I'm due a watch

TinyFroggy
25-12-2018, 03:02 PM
The Greatest Showman is good on the first watch and forever will be good in whatever number of times you'll watch it XD

lucyecc
07-01-2019, 12:08 AM
Its like when frozen came out I watched it so many times.

Triz
07-01-2019, 02:44 PM
I watched Frozen in Cinema 8 days before it's release, and then watched it 12 times in Cinema... Haven't watched it since though lol.

lucyecc
07-01-2019, 03:36 PM
Haha! In 2014/15 the time Frozen came out, I don't know if I mentioned it but I watched it about 4 times on the way to Australia lol...

TinyFroggy
08-01-2019, 03:09 PM
OMG. I can't watch frozen anymore. I just can't. Have been watching it for more than 20 times and I cannot bear with it anymore T.T

lucyecc
08-01-2019, 03:12 PM
O I’ve started watching the old Mary Poppins. Ready to watch the new one later in the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TinyFroggy
08-01-2019, 03:13 PM
I never watched Mary Poppins. Is it a series the one you've started watching or a movie?

Triz
08-01-2019, 04:54 PM
Mary Poppins isn't a TV show. It's only a film, the new one came out a few weeks back. I watched it but didn't have the same wow factor compared to when I watched the first one and I think that's purely because since the first Mary Poppins came out, there wasn't really any big Hollywood blockbusters, so for it's time it was an amazing film, however now we're surrounded by a big blockbuster film every 9 seconds, it suddenly becomes a little bland IMO, especially when they've tried to recreate certain things that made the first one stand out back in the 60s

TinyFroggy
16-01-2019, 04:54 PM
Oh I see. So, it has always been a movie? Is the one coming out a recreation or a sequel?

Brad
17-01-2019, 07:56 PM
I watch movies multiple times, and there are a few of them that I've watched to a point where I can go along with the movie.

-:Undertaker:-
23-01-2019, 02:30 PM
I rarely watch television or films, but when I do I watch ones I have already seen because I cba with a new storyline.

Scary Movie films I have watched a million times and it was only when me and friends got older we could see the more subtle jokes.

Samantha
23-01-2019, 11:24 PM
I don't really purposely watch films again, if they're on and I happen to turn that channel on then I just can't help myself! I understand some films more now I'm older, such as my favourite ones that I don't tire of watching if they're on the TV.

tbl
24-01-2019, 04:52 AM
I often re-watch movies. Sometimes it's because I (thought) I liked it that much the first time around, sometimes it's because I didn't understand or catch everything the first time around, and sometimes it's just on and I can't be bothered to change the channel.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!