PDA

View Full Version : Silly things you thought as a kid

Triz
26-01-2019, 10:13 PM
So I hear some ridiculous things kids come out with and wondered what were some of the things you believed or were led to believe when you were a kid?

I think the most common ones were:

If you ate a lot of carrots then you'd be able to see in the dark.
If you pulled as blanket over your head, you were suddenly immune to anything getting you
If you crossed your eyes they would stay that way
If you picked your nose your brains would fall out

What were some of the silliest things you were told as a kid, or perhaps some that you've recently overheard?

-:Undertaker:-
26-01-2019, 11:05 PM
I thought that the world was actually in black and white and colour had been invented, because of photos/films.

sexpot
27-01-2019, 05:34 AM
so you know how criminals who do really bad stuff get like two life sentences plus 50 years

I thought that they would just leave them in the cell after they’d died like there’d be a dead body in a cell for over 50 years ��

FlyingJesus
27-01-2019, 02:06 PM
That I had an exciting future

Ozad
29-01-2019, 03:07 AM
If you stepped on a crack, you'd break your mothers back

Samantha
29-01-2019, 06:07 PM
That Santa was real :(.

If you pull a face and the wind changes your face will stay like that.
If you sat too close to the TV you'd get square eyes.

IceNineKills
30-01-2019, 08:12 AM
That Jim would fix fit

Zak
08-02-2019, 10:53 AM
That life was hard at that age :P

Ekelektra
11-02-2019, 01:19 PM
I used to not let my mum get splinters out of my fingers so she told me that if she didn't get them out they grow through your veins and to your heart and kill you and I believed that until I was a teenager.

LUCPIX
15-02-2019, 03:49 PM
That if I opened the microwave's door -- while the microwave's ON, and before the countdown's end -- some kind of DISASTER would fatally happen, like summoning fire or unleashing some type of massive radioactivity that would immediately kill anyone next to it

-:Undertaker:-
17-02-2019, 02:04 AM
I couldn't wrap my head around like family relations. Was anyone else like this??? Like how is X my Grandad but not my cousins?

Ozad
19-02-2019, 12:45 PM
I always thought i'd be rich and successful when I grew up... ;D

Stephen
25-02-2019, 02:07 AM
I used to not let my mum get splinters out of my fingers so she told me that if she didn't get them out they grow through your veins and to your heart and kill you and I believed that until I was a teenager. My mum would just be like your finger will fall off not scare the shit out of me about it growing into my veins and heart I'd need counselling after all the splinters I got as a kid

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!