PDA

View Full Version : [Life] Do you like your current commute to work?

-:Undertaker:-
18-02-2019, 09:07 PM
So, how do you commute to work and do you actually like it or despise it?

I cycle to work about 8 minutes away, and I enjoy it. I like cycling, stick my headphones in sometimes and away I go. My previous commute was literally a 3 minute walk from my house, so I also didn't mind that - apart from cold British winter mornings which I hated going out into.

How about you?

Sloths
18-02-2019, 09:13 PM
My commute is about a 10-15 minute walk through the city, it’s fine but sometimes especially when there are cruise ships in port the footpath is full of slow walkers and I can’t deal.

Beats a 50 minute train ride each way from where we’re thinking of moving to though...

-:Undertaker:-
18-02-2019, 09:18 PM
My commute is about a 10-15 minute walk through the city, it’s fine but sometimes especially when there are cruise ships in port the footpath is full of slow walkers and I can’t deal.

Beats a 50 minute train ride each way from where we’re thinking of moving to though...

50 minutes!? That's soul-destroying. Wouldn't you drive?

Sloths
18-02-2019, 09:30 PM
50 minutes!? That's soul-destroying. Wouldn't you drive?

You’d think so, but driving is actually slower most of the time due to the fact our motorway is still being built and a lot of people who don’t know how to merge. Without any traffic it’s about 45 minutes, with usual rush hour traffic it’s minimum 1 hour.

Ekelektra
19-02-2019, 03:38 AM
I do, I take a tram for about 30 minutes and always get a seat so don't mind it at all. But I think if it was crowded and I always had to stand I would really hate it.

buttons
19-02-2019, 08:14 AM
yeah, i travel a lot for work. i live a 5 min drive from my office which is bliss. somedays i start work at a clients and if that's the case, i don't leave my house until 9am generally. i get paid for my travel time and make my own schedule. i enjoy driving it's fun.

Ozad
19-02-2019, 11:38 AM
I drive to work, it takes around 10-15minutes depending on the traffic.

Wide open road, national speed liimt. I love driving to work when there are no tourists or TRACTORS around holding me up.

scottish
24-02-2019, 04:09 PM
i love it, 5 min drive..

Triz
24-02-2019, 04:13 PM
Takes me an hour to drive to work, sometimes a little longer depending upon traffic.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!