PDA

View Full Version : earn extra money

Gina
13-04-2019, 10:57 PM
is there anything that you do to get extra money ontop of work? for example do you sell stuff of depop/ebay, take commissions, car washing, babysitting anything
or if you dont do anything now, have u done anything in the past

scottish
13-04-2019, 11:02 PM
no, I get enough from work

I did consider stuff (like freelancing) when I was a lot lower paid because I used to worry a lot about money, which was stupid cause I've always been comfortable I guess?

buttons
13-04-2019, 11:18 PM
I do lots of competitions, deals, cashback and stuff like that so I at least earn back a little of what I spend and I can get goods for free/low price that I wouldn't normally be able to afford and it's just nice to have luxuries. Mostly I just try to spend wisely and budget.

I have colleagues who do cash in hand deliveries, body shop etc for extra money but honestly I just wanna chill when I'm not at my actual full time job and my comfort and free time is more important to me than money rn.

But I have a client who sells her paintings which I think is great.

scottish
13-04-2019, 11:23 PM
actually yeah I do use topcashback and got just over 600 quid back over the years

deffo worth doing as it's essentially free money for something you'd be buying anyway, so to get a tiny % of that back for clicking a button is worth doing

buttons
13-04-2019, 11:32 PM
also get cashback using my bank app
not sure if other apps do that but like for example there was a 10% cashback for spending at costa with ur bank card

-:Undertaker:-
09-07-2019, 09:27 PM
i did gardening for fam and they'd give money but i'd do regardless anyways

scottish
09-07-2019, 10:15 PM
i did gardening for fam and they'd give money but i'd do regardless anyways

come do mine

i'll give you a samovar

.:TaylorSwift:
13-07-2019, 03:25 AM
I do rebate apps, Google Survey App, Tutor once a week (Some tutors charge HIGH prices so you know if you're strong in one subject do that), Youtube Channel, Instagram, Weight Loss Challenges.

Sloths
13-07-2019, 05:05 AM
I currently do freelance and commission pieces on the side of my full time job for some extra cash. I don’t really need the money but I want to go full time freelance at some point in the future so I’m mainly doing it for the experience and portfolio pieces really.

Triz
13-07-2019, 07:22 AM
I work as a lorry driver, and there is a weight restriction on the road that leads to my yard where I park up my lorry for the weekend, it's from 7am to 7pm, meaning if on a Friday, I don't make it back before 7pm, then they have to pay me an extra £80 for what we call a Saturday run-in, plus my additional night out allowance, which is £28, so I get paid £108, and all I do is park and sleep right outside the weight limit, which is a 15 minute drive in the morning, then I go home.. £108 for 15 mins works...

Suffice to say I do this at every opportunity I can... or if I'm gonna just make it in time.. I simply slow down lol.

scottish
13-07-2019, 10:40 AM
I work as a lorry driver, and there is a weight restriction on the road that leads to my yard where I park up my lorry for the weekend, it's from 7am to 7pm, meaning if on a Friday, I don't make it back before 7pm, then they have to pay me an extra £80 for what we call a Saturday run-in, plus my additional night out allowance, which is £28, so I get paid £108, and all I do is park and sleep right outside the weight limit, which is a 15 minute drive in the morning, then I go home.. £108 for 15 mins works...

Suffice to say I do this at every opportunity I can... or if I'm gonna just make it in time.. I simply slow down lol.

£108 to sleep in your lorry for 12 hours vs going home to the comfort of your own house and sleeping in your bed for 8 hours and do whatever for the rest of the time doesn't seem worth it though :P

Triz
13-07-2019, 01:22 PM
£108 to sleep in your lorry for 12 hours vs going home to the comfort of your own house and sleeping in your bed for 8 hours and do whatever for the rest of the time doesn't seem worth it though :P

I sleep in my lorry Monday-Thursday anyway, so another night isn't exactly the end of the world, and if it earns me some extra cash for 15 mins of work on a Saturday then I'll take it. You know how when you go to a different place, maybe like a hotel? You don't sleep that well because it's new surroundings etc... (Well i don't anyway) Well that's me when I'm at home, I actually sleep better in my lorry than I do at home in my own bed. I got everything I need in my lorry, and I'd only be doing the same thing at home as I do in my lorry anyway, so doesn't really make a difference to me, apart from the difference in my bank :)

buttons
13-07-2019, 02:06 PM
I'd sleep on the streets for £100

Kronics
07-08-2019, 02:44 PM
I've done odd jobs like painting, cutting the lawn, clean cars and sell some stuff at a shop called Cash Generator. Or if your feeling lazy just find a part time job and claim job seekers. As long as the hours are less than 16 haha. Loads of ways to make extra money, try googling it perhaps?

YellowBelli
07-08-2019, 03:59 PM
I've sold things in the past on e-bay and facebook marketplace. Facebook marketplace is a bit dodgy though, I've had a few weirdos come to collect stuff and start haggling me down... "just take it and forget where I live pleeeeasseeee!"

Side note.. people sell/buy some really random stuff...!!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!