PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol

-:Undertaker:-
07-07-2019, 02:32 PM
Talking with friends about this and just watched one of those BBC Three clips on it.

Do you enjoy alcohol more or less than when you were younger?

I actually enjoy it more than ever now. And I drink virtually every weekend, and I would say 8/10 when I drink I drink to the point where I blackout and can't remember getting home/going to bed. It's a good wind down and increasingly I drink at home with music on.

How about you and your habit?

Triz
07-07-2019, 03:13 PM
I never used to drink a lot when I was younger, never went proper clubbing until I was about 24, prior to that it was mainly a gathering of friends at a house when their parents weren't home, some music and generally just chatting and playing stupid drinking games that when you're drunk you think to be the best thing ever.

I go out most weekends clubbing now, but I think that's just because I'm catching up on all the weekends I missed clubbing when I was younger. I wouldn't say I get paralytic every weekend, but I have my moments I guess. I normally know when I'm at my limit so I often slow down when close to it, and I can normally survive the rest of the night coasting on the level of drunkness I am, as it's normally about 3am by this time anyway, and clubs here close at 5am.

buttons
07-07-2019, 03:57 PM
I enjoy it less and do it less. In the past it was a crutch for me to get over the social anxiety/awkwardness. Now it's purely social, I'll have a couple drinks with some food but there's no downing drinks, shotting etc. I know my limits now and I start to drink water after a few hours but still enjoy myself. I still go to pubs but only if I enjoy the company I'm with and I'll go to a club but mostly just dance and drink water by this point!

It's nice to go out maybe every few months with good company good food or other entertainment but mostly I spend my weekends cooking or chilling at home.

07-07-2019, 04:16 PM
How old ya'll too cos I think it's important to mention that too.

I'm 26. I used to go drinking 2 or 3 times a week back around 20 to 23 but now around once a week.

scottish
07-07-2019, 04:32 PM
I don't drink and never have and I'm 27

So neither

Triz
07-07-2019, 05:36 PM
I'm 27 now

sexpot
07-07-2019, 07:45 PM
I don’t drink as much as I did when I was in college, and I’m 29. I just don’t find it as fun now

tbl
07-07-2019, 08:48 PM
I'm 24 now. I drink very rarely when out with friends now. I don't find it nearly as fun now as I used to, but maybe that's because deep down inside I'm an 80yr old woman...idk.

I drank a lot during college. Every weekend and sometimes weeknights we were at a party or getting drunk. After my 21st birthday my drinking slowly tapered off. It seemed super fun at the time and I definitely loosened up around other people when I was drinking.

Stephen
12-07-2019, 05:09 PM
I remember years ago I'd drink 2 lagers and be cool and enjoy it but now I drink a bottle of wine and a few cans of lagers most days. I used to like alcohol but I hate it now and since hating it more, I've been drinking more [emoji2369] I'm 26

12-07-2019, 11:50 PM
currently slurping a nice bottle of local (Jerez de la frontera) Spanish brandy with cola, 6 euro for a bottle!

Sloths
13-07-2019, 05:02 AM
I’m currently 25 and I feel like I enjoy it about the same but I can afford nicer drinks now?

I don’t drink that often and will only drink if I’m making a night of it at a party etc which is the same as when I was younger but I’d say I used to ‘make a night of it’ more often when I was younger. I can definitely handle my alcohol better now though!

Triz
13-07-2019, 07:23 AM
I’m currently 25 and I feel like I enjoy it about the same but I can afford nicer drinks now?

I don’t drink that often and will only drink if I’m making a night of it at a party etc which is the same as when I was younger but I’d say I used to ‘make a night of it’ more often when I was younger. I can definitely handle my alcohol better now though!

The sad thing about handling your drink better now is that it ends up costing you more to reach a desired level of drunk lol.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!