PDA

View Full Version : Where are you gonna go after quarantine?

Empired
07-04-2020, 10:14 AM
Whether you're gonna make it reality or just keep it as a fantasy, I think lots of ppl have been dreaming of all the places they can and will visit after social distancing has lifted. Might be close to home (like the cinema idk) or a diff country or one of the seven wonders of the world.

I mentioned the cinema cause I'm a big cinema goer with a monthly pass and I've been reeaaallly missing it - can't wait to go see a quiet place 2 when it's finally out!! And I'm buzzing for in the heights later this year (hopefully)

I'm also fantasising about booking myself a nice lil place to stay in the lake or peak district, going to stay by myself for a few days and doing some long walks, reading some more books, and just generally chilling out outside a lot. Probs won't be able to happen til 2021 now but idm waiting, it'll be nice in the end.

The place I really wanna go after quarantine is this local-ish park place near me, with a big group of my pals, some pringles and some cans of g&t on a really beautiful day. You can sit on the top of the hill and watch the sun set over the whole city and it's just beautiful and I really wanna go and do that with ppl I care about cause I've missed them lol.

buttons
07-04-2020, 10:56 AM
Go on a bunch of dates just to go out and see people and do things

scottish
07-04-2020, 11:14 AM
prob go out for meal with the gf and see niece n nephew

no point planning holidays yet cause other places will prob still be in lockdown when we're out

David
07-04-2020, 11:54 AM
pub

Empired
07-04-2020, 01:55 PM
pub
yh tbh buzzing to go down to my local with some pals and actually see ppl who aren't in my household and have a few nice drinks instead of sad home drinks :(

Triz
07-04-2020, 08:17 PM
Honestly I miss going out for a meal with friends, and much like Empired, I'm a HUGE cinema-goer, so def going to watch back to back films, assuming theres any good ones out when this is all over...
Def need a holiday too, but we'll see if budget allows for that anytime soon. Was planning to go on one for this year, but I think that ship has sailed.

scottish
07-04-2020, 08:23 PM
idk if we'll be allowed on hol again this year ;ll everywhere else will be locked down for a while too even if we get out n about again and no-ones gonna want folk crossing borders until they can be sure people coming in aren't bringing it in again

glad I went to Mallorca weekend before Spain locked down tbf

FlyingJesus
07-04-2020, 08:27 PM
To see my family

lawrawrrr
07-04-2020, 09:17 PM
I just want to be able to do my own supermarket shopping and go to superdrug and clothes shopping and to the pub and even to work

I miss people

Ekelektra
08-04-2020, 05:12 AM
I had plans with some people to go to an art exhibition that was on the weekend that everything started to shut so the exhibition got cancelled. I don't know if they are going to bring it back later but I still want to go to the gallery anyway because there were other things I wanted to see while I was there.

And definitely can't wait to go out for lunch and dinner with friends.

Empired
08-04-2020, 08:18 AM
I had plans with some people to go to an art exhibition that was on the weekend that everything started to shut so the exhibition got cancelled. I don't know if they are going to bring it back later but I still want to go to the gallery anyway because there were other things I wanted to see while I was there.
oh yes that's just reminded me that 1) I've been wanting to go to the tate modern for a while and look at all the cool modern art, and also there's a vagina museum in London (no joke) that a pal of mine and I have been wanting to go to - we were talking about going next weekend and obvs that ain't gonna happen now but I still wanna go when all of this is finally over

-:Undertaker:-
08-04-2020, 08:41 AM
Looking forward to spending first summer in two years back in Liverpool. :)

David
08-04-2020, 09:19 AM
barber is also on my list

lawrawrrr
08-04-2020, 09:36 AM
oh yes that's just reminded me that 1) I've been wanting to go to the tate modern for a while and look at all the cool modern art, and also there's a vagina museum in London (no joke) that a pal of mine and I have been wanting to go to - we were talking about going next weekend and obvs that ain't gonna happen now but I still wanna go when all of this is finally over

my friend went to the vagina museum and said it was really cool... I'm way too much of a prude though lmaooo

Tate Modern is cool though. I really wanna see the Olafur Eliasson exhibition but not sure if it will be open again after this is over. Also theres's a pub nearby which is right on the river and soooo nice!

Yupt
08-04-2020, 10:32 AM
I imagine once i'm back at work its going to be pretty intense so won't get to enjoy much time off from then on unfortunately. However i'm really looking forward to just social interaction again, going for coffee catch ups with friends or after work drinks at the pub.

Also I think Empired put this but I'm also reeeeally looking forward to going back to the cinema, not that I haven't watched enough films this lockdown... but going to the movies is one of my favourite things to do and i'm been missing it greatly.

Also just for those talking about art, I've always preferred Saatchi to Tate? Don't know why but there we go.

lemons
08-04-2020, 11:18 AM
First place I'll be going is back to London to visit family!

I really wanna see the Olafur Eliasson exhibition but not sure if it will be open again after this is over.

I don't think it's at the Tate anymore anyway!

Went to see it in October last year it was rly good

lawrawrrr
08-04-2020, 11:19 AM
First place I'll be going is back to London to visit family!

I don't think it's at the Tate anymore anyway!

Went to see it in October last year it was rly good

I was gonna go but they wouldn’t honour my free pass at the time as they were too busy :((((

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_spirit
08-04-2020, 12:04 PM
I just wanna see family and friends go shopping, clubbing and also back to college I miss everyone

Red
08-04-2020, 06:21 PM
Had a spa booked for the start of april so I'll reschedule that as soon as! We also had budapest booked so hopefully get there booked again when its safe to do so. I just cant wait to see the people I love, go for walks around the park and ni beauty spots, shopping and cocktails!!

Zak
08-04-2020, 08:06 PM
Hopefully go on holiday!!!

RichBoiSam
08-04-2020, 08:10 PM
Alton Towers, bought my merlin pass a week before lock down for that sole purpose!

Triz
08-04-2020, 09:14 PM
Alton Towers, bought my merlin pass a week before lock down for that sole purpose!

How much are they these days?

Do they even offer any fast tracks with a purchase, or is it just simply entry to all merlin parks?
- Are they pausing the dates whilst we're in national lockdown?

RichBoiSam
08-04-2020, 09:20 PM
How much are they these days?

Do they even offer any fast tracks with a purchase, or is it just simply entry to all merlin parks?
- Are they pausing the dates whilst we're in national lockdown?

I pay monthly as it works out cheaper, £35 up front and then £11 a month which is bargain if i go even once every two months but I only live an hour away (30 miles) so will go at least once a month and got Warwick Castle and Sea Life Centre near me too. Just standard entry, no fast pass though.

They are suspending payments so I don't have to pay whilst on lock down, not too bothered about the £35 if i can go at least twice before end of the year but I'm sure they'll give us a free renewal or something if we can't use it. For annual memberships, they're just adding on the number of months we're on lock down for.

Triz
08-04-2020, 09:25 PM
I pay monthly as it works out cheaper, £35 up front and then £11 a month which is bargain if i go even once every two months but I only live an hour away (30 miles) so will go at least once a month and got Warwick Castle and Sea Life Centre near me too. Just standard entry, no fast pass though.

They are suspending payments so I don't have to pay whilst on lock down, not too bothered about the £35 if i can go at least twice before end of the year but I'm sure they'll give us a free renewal or something if we can't use it. For annual memberships, they're just adding on the number of months we're on lock down for.

Ah, that's decent then, at least you're not left out of pocket!
I can't see myself going to a theme park at least once every 2 months, even if I live closer to one... You spend half the day queuing up lol. I do need a good theme park day though, haven't been to one in about 2 or so years now! - Well a proper one, went to Fantasy Island in Skegness in November just gone

RichBoiSam
08-04-2020, 09:34 PM
Ah, that's decent then, at least you're not left out of pocket!
I can't see myself going to a theme park at least once every 2 months, even if I live closer to one... You spend half the day queuing up lol. I do need a good theme park day though, haven't been to one in about 2 or so years now! - Well a proper one, went to Fantasy Island in Skegness in November just gone

That's why I signed up to Merlin so if I only get half a day of riding the coasters, I can come back next day and spend the weekend etc. I have a tent so if we're not on lock down in summer, can camp nearby or something!

iamdanny
11-04-2020, 07:48 AM
Was planning on going to Bulgaria & Canada this year so will probably rebook as soon as things are back to normal but the main thing I miss is going to the pub!!

sexpot
12-04-2020, 12:31 PM
I am hopefully going to FIRST go see my best friend and catch up then take our anniversary trip.. was really looking forward to that :(

14-04-2020, 08:55 PM
past week really been feeling like going travelling solo around India/Pakistan/Bangladesh for weeks/months

so maybe something to save up for when this is all over

buttons
14-04-2020, 08:58 PM
past week really been feeling like going travelling solo around India/Pakistan/Bangladesh for weeks/months

so maybe something to save up for when this is all over
I'll come with u, Indian street food looks amazing

14-04-2020, 08:59 PM
I'll come with u, Indian street food looks amazing

it is, food is 50% the reason to go over there

gonna be easy to save up for it too isnt it these next few months

buttons
14-04-2020, 09:03 PM
wish i could say the same but i go to the store and "treat" myself since im not out going to the pool or for drinks so i end up spending the same amount anyway

but 4real i wanna travel anyone wanna travel hmu except maybe if ur a chick coz we'll prob get beheaded or smth

14-04-2020, 09:07 PM
wish i could say the same but i go to the store and "treat" myself since im not out going to the pool or for drinks so i end up spending the same amount anyway

but 4real i wanna travel anyone wanna travel hmu except maybe if ur a chick coz we'll prob get beheaded or smth

come with me we'll do it

i've done India before so i'm EXPERIENCED and habbox's answer to bear grylls and michael portillo

scottish
14-04-2020, 09:15 PM
are u working undertaker or are you stealing money off the UK government

Metric1
15-04-2020, 04:02 AM
I am going straight to the barbershop.

jamiexo
23-05-2020, 02:21 AM
In terms of just general plans, I hope to hangout with all of my friends again. I hungout with two of them yesterday and it was great, but I would love to have everyone get together again and just have a movie night or do something fun like that.

In terms of vacation, hoping to go on a trip net year around this time, but that may change due to the virus, so it's still all up in the air!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!