PDA

View Full Version : [Film] Thoughts on 13 Reasons Why

Ethan
11-06-2020, 05:15 PM
I personally am yet to watch it (well the whole series), but what are your thoughts on it?

jamiexo
11-06-2020, 05:17 PM
I haven't watched all 3 seasons, but I did watch the first one. I didn't mind it, not sure if I'll watch the other two seasons, though.

I heard that a lot of people got frustrated about season two, so I'm not sure if it's something I'd watch. :P

nrvs
11-06-2020, 11:33 PM
generally all around a terrible show that i hated for much more than the absolutely botched portrayal of a suicidal teen

watch euphoria instead (if you're underage ask your parents first lmao)

Triz
11-06-2020, 11:49 PM
I enjoyed the first season, but heard so many bad reviews about the second one that I never bothered to watch it past season 1, so doubtful I'll watch the 3rd either - Should have been 1 season.

Sho
14-06-2020, 03:56 PM
it does a shit job at addressing teen social issues and but if i judge it as what it was rather than what it claimed to be, i thought it was alright. by the end of the third season i was pretty much just along for the ride and just watching to see which direction they end up taking it lol.

lawrawrrr
16-06-2020, 06:01 PM
It was one of my absolute favourite books as a teen, so hard hitting. When I found out they were making it into a series I thought it could be really amazing and poignant, and it was kinda... just ok? I watched the first and second seasons but it got a bit violent and honestly too graphic IMO (the scene in the toilets for those who have watched it) which felt a bit gratuitous. So I haven't watched it since. I agree with Sho, it's so obviously not written or advised on by teens. I probably will watch the later seasons at some point when I'm in a better headspace myself!!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!