PDA

View Full Version : does habbo actually delete old accounts?

nrvs
17-06-2020, 03:11 PM
i searched my name to see if it was taken as a username. obviously it has been. they haven't logged in to since it was created 16 years ago. this got me wondering, does habbo actually delete accounts like some people say? and does anyone know how do they decide which ones are deleted and which ones aren't?

Kyle
17-06-2020, 05:33 PM
Yes my friend there is an account deletion that began around 48 hours ago going on as we speak. Currently old permanently banned accounts are being removed from the hotel and their privacy policy is clear as mud so they can do what they like.

lawrawrrr
18-06-2020, 08:37 AM
does that mean old usernames will be coming free??

Kyle
18-06-2020, 11:15 AM
does that mean old usernames will be coming free??

Currently it's only old usernames that have been previously perm banned but effectively yes. Somebody has already snapped up 8freak8 a piece of habbox history.

Exact criteria for deletion is unknown at this stage but with Unity coming up in the new year I would expect a lot more accounts to be freed up.

lawrawrrr
18-06-2020, 11:48 AM
Currently it's only old usernames that have been previously perm banned but effectively yes. Somebody has already snapped up 8freak8 a piece of habbox history.

Exact criteria for deletion is unknown at this stage but with Unity coming up in the new year I would expect a lot more accounts to be freed up.

Oh wow. I kinda thought they might do an account clearout before the new platform launches. I’m glad they haven’t announced it like last time as it really led to a huge mass sign up as everyone was prepared!

FlyingJesus
18-06-2020, 11:56 AM
https://i.imgur.com/mPuttOe.png

RIP missed out

Kyle
18-06-2020, 01:15 PM
Oh wow. I kinda thought they might do an account clearout before the new platform launches. I’m glad they haven’t announced it like last time as it really led to a huge mass sign up as everyone was prepared!

This time it's just the same people taking all the names to sell which personally I think is worse than everybody having fair warning. Everything about this game is about profit now it's so boring.

lawrawrrr
18-06-2020, 01:18 PM
This time it's just the same people taking all the names to sell which personally I think is worse than everybody having fair warning. Everything about this game is about profit now it's so boring.

Oh I would have thought this way would be less likely to encourage people doing that! I thought it would only be the really really profit motivated people. If there was warning I would definitely have planned to try and get a more unique name, but not gonna bother now, and I kinda thought most people would think like me too!

It is really boring all the irl buying and selling, takes a bit of the fun away from people who genuinely just enjoy the game

Samantha
18-06-2020, 06:57 PM
At the moment, an account I had banned in 2014 hasn't been deleted. It's the only name on the ID as far as I know, but the full ID is perm banned. Two accounts on my main ID that are banned are still on there as well.

lucyecc
18-06-2020, 09:29 PM
My account from 2001(loopy_lu) had not been used since 2013 (when I made lucyecc) I am glad I could still access it maybe because it is connected to my facebook would that make any difference?

Habbo-Jher
18-06-2020, 09:49 PM
In terms of old accounts that arent permed, i was told in support they will not remove any account with furni even if it hasnt logged in for 15 years, i dont know how much to believe staff however.

Kyle
19-06-2020, 11:08 AM
I think it's just non .com accounts at the moment but anything can happen.

Habbo-Jher
19-06-2020, 12:57 PM
I just went into support and found a request i made 8 years ago in hopes they might delete a name so i could grab it lmao.
https://i.imgur.com/5lBUuKA.jpg

FlyingJesus
19-06-2020, 01:09 PM
lmao love it, basically asking to rob someone's name :P

Habbo-Jher
19-06-2020, 05:04 PM
Tell me about it lol, the same account has still never signed in though

PigsFlying
22-06-2020, 02:20 AM
I'm not sure of the criteria but Habbo have definitely been deleting accounts on .com since early hours on 15 June.

Ekelektra
22-06-2020, 08:08 AM
In terms of old accounts that arent permed, i was told in support they will not remove any account with furni even if it hasnt logged in for 15 years, i dont know how much to believe staff however.

They've deleted ones with furni too now even if they weren't banned

JamieOnHabbo
22-06-2020, 10:43 AM
Pretty sure my old account was removed or maybe i'm just really bad at remembering my 2017 passwords!

Kyle
22-06-2020, 10:45 AM
They've deleted ones with furni too now even if they weren't banned
Are you sure they've deleted accounts that weren't banned?

Ekelektra
22-06-2020, 12:02 PM
Are you sure they've deleted accounts that weren't banned?

Well I'm basing it off my old friend who was deleted today. He had merged from .com.au but hadn't logged on in over 8 years and I had looked him up on Habbowidgets successfully since then. I don't think he was banned when I looked him up plus if he was Habbowidgets wouldn't have been able to pull his profile right? Although now I'm not 100% positive that he was not banned. And he had open rooms with furni.

Barkseh
22-06-2020, 12:04 PM
I think it's awful that they delete accounts. I don't use Habbo no more apart from to pop on every few months to have a wonder a round. If I logged in and my account was deleted I'd be hear broken. I made it in 2004!

PigsFlying
22-06-2020, 12:13 PM
Well I'm basing it off my old friend who was deleted today. He had merged from .com.au but hadn't logged on in over 8 years and I had looked him up on Habbowidgets successfully since then. I don't think he was banned when I looked him up plus if he was Habbowidgets wouldn't have been able to pull his profile right? Although now I'm not 100% positive that he was not banned. And he had open rooms with furni.

Yes, HabboWidgets cannot look up permed accounts.

Samantha
22-06-2020, 04:40 PM
I can verify they've deleted some of my old accounts now. It was one made on the 30th June 2011 and hadn't been accessed since.

cherylcolelova
22-06-2020, 04:57 PM
If you have an account that was ban before the merge for "bad behavior" do you think you have a chance of getting unpermed? haha

Jarkie
23-06-2020, 09:57 AM
They did a mass delete in the last merge - However, I don't think they can delete your account if you have spent "real" money on said account? Then again, there is something probably in the T&C and allows Sulake to do this if required

FlyingJesus
23-06-2020, 12:16 PM
Yes they could delete everyone and everything if they wanted to:

https://i.imgur.com/NPY2EoA.png
Just about anything you make an account on has that, we certainly do :P

Cisse9
23-06-2020, 03:36 PM
I've noticed they've deleted some accounts but not all of them, anyone have any idea when and when they start deleting them?

Zak
23-06-2020, 04:42 PM
I had a bunch of accounts dating back to 02 during the hotel merge in 2009. They deleted a bunch of names in 2011, that's how I got the name 'Zak'. I have an account that has been perm banned for 9 years and that's still there.

e5
28-06-2020, 09:34 AM
I got e5 is the last (that I remember) mass deletion. Anyone get anything decent?

DPS
30-06-2020, 09:51 PM
Someone took my fiancee cheryls account lmao. "naughtiest"

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!