PDA

View Full Version : TikTok

Zak
17-06-2020, 10:30 PM
Guys... Is it just me...

I don't really understand TikTok and everything I've seen on there is really irritating. Tap, *loud music*, tap, *loud music* every five seconds. I don't really use any social media other than Facebook. Maybe it's my age but I don't get the attraction/purpose of the app?

Googlemere
19-06-2020, 11:02 AM
I am in the same boat as you on this one. The appeal towards apps like this never made sense to me, for both tiktok and its predecessor from ~10 years ago- Vine. Only with vine, I hated it much less than I hate tiktok. All of these sort of ‘like/share/views for gratification’ apps are just adding more fuel to the inferno that is screwing up the psychological and social development/well-being of its users, the younger generations in particular. But that isn’t just the fault of tiktok alone- it is pretty much all of social media, from then and now, that has been wreaking havoc on all of us and our minds. Collectively and individually, that is. Very dangerous stuff if you ask me. But maybe I am bias. I grew up just before the era of the smartphone, apps like snapchat and instagram didn’t exist until I was in high school, and so back then nobody was making videos of themselves doing stupid things just for the likes and shares, which is what a majority of the current generation now seems to be addicted to obsessed with doing.
Anyway, with all that said I won’t even get into the political reasons I despise tiktok lol.

ulas621
19-06-2020, 11:18 AM
I don't understand tiktok either- for me it's a such a waste of app

sexpot
21-06-2020, 12:02 AM
tiktok is just a crappier version of vine

cherylcolelova
22-06-2020, 04:56 PM
I feel the same way - i don't use it nor plan on doing it, i feel super old for once haha. I don't have time to make stupid videos lol that's what snapchat is for anyways!

Triz
22-06-2020, 08:07 PM
I won't lie and say I hate tiktok as over laughed at a lot of videos that have been from there but those are videos that I see on Instagram, the only reason I know it's a tiktok vid is from the watermark... but I dont have an account there and doubt I ever will

Jarkie
23-06-2020, 09:47 AM
There are some TikTok videos that are funny - but most of us are not in that "generation" of trying to get self-approval and satisfaction via social media. I am glad I am not one of these people that need constant "likes" "love" "positive comments" etc to feel accepted/loved etc

KatieJP
26-07-2020, 01:36 PM
I used to say I hated TikTok but now I have found and followed my favourite creators I can scroll on it for hours...(:

Bbcuklol
16-09-2020, 09:52 AM
I don't even have TikTok and I do hate it in my option.

ItsMeerken
16-09-2020, 11:06 AM
I have it, but it doesn't really appeal to me either - it's more for the younger generation imo.

Bbcuklol
16-09-2020, 02:47 PM
I have it, but it doesn't really appeal to me either - it's more for the younger generation imo.
I think it is that type of age as well. But it’s the stuff on that gets posted can a bit like bad.

ItsMeerken
16-09-2020, 04:49 PM
Indeed, there's been some very trigger worthy posts on there lately...

LUCPIX
05-03-2021, 08:43 PM
If this thread had been gotten out of context, one could perfectly believe you were talking about something analogue to Fahrenheit 451's giant, loud, cryptic and hypnotizing interactive TVs (Fahrenheit 451's readers will understand it)

Dear TikTok was developed by a Chinese company called ByteDance, whose main goal was and has always been making fucking infuriating pile-driving beats famous, butchering down the attempts of balance of popularity and quality by Billboard Hot 100 and the surviving radio stations from the next door over the past few decades, faster than it could be prevented, in the name of some pile-drive-beating garbage that

DO

NOT

MAKE

FUCKING

SENSE

AND

IS

DESTROYING

THE

YOUNGSTER'S

DEVELOPMENT

OF

SELF

WORTH

sexpot
06-03-2021, 10:45 AM
ngl I used to not go on it but I have found there are a lot of sensible conservative people on it who make fun of America's cheater in chief so

tbl
15-03-2021, 12:58 PM
I only watch the tik toks that get reposted to instagram, and even then it's usually about animals!
I don't want another app I have to keep up with, there are already too many!!!!

Jarkie
15-03-2021, 05:36 PM
The effort some people put into their tiktoks has always outstanding. There are some useful advice/tip videos that people create. Often though, my FYP is filled with useless junk or women trying to act in a naughty way.

jamiexo
17-03-2021, 12:51 PM
My FYP now seems to be filled with cat videos, so I am not complaining

Courtneyy
20-04-2021, 05:21 PM
I love tiktok! ONCE you find the type of tiktoks you want to watch it gets better. At first its just stuff from around your area and dancing. Now my feed is about mental health and i love it

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!