PDA

View Full Version : Prime Day!

Triz
14-10-2020, 05:19 PM
Prime day is ending in a few hours..

Have you lot bought anything, if so what did you buy and what sort of saving did you manage to get against the RRP?

I haven't bought anything just yet, but plan to browse tonight to see if anything jumps out at me.

Jarkie
14-10-2020, 06:37 PM
I haven't got anything. I had a quick look and it just felt like an online version of a car boot sale.

FlyingJesus
14-10-2020, 07:35 PM
Nope, so many times you see something on "offer" and it's actually the same price year-round elsewhere anyway. No-one pays RRP unless they cba looking around :P

Triz
14-10-2020, 07:39 PM
True, I did see something I wanted for £40 less than it normally is, but it's being advertised as 53% off because it's RRP is £399, despite it only ever being that price when it first came out, whereas all year round it's always about £220

FlyingJesus
14-10-2020, 07:42 PM
Also Amazon for some reason still has a massively awful search function which annoys me, if you try to search by something other than "relevance" (which is what THEY want you to buy the most) it makes 50% of the results disappear, and still doesn't go in the order you wanted

buttons
14-10-2020, 08:30 PM
I bought a kindle, I've been wanting one for a while and they were on sale so why not!

Shannon
14-10-2020, 08:40 PM
What is this "Prime" day?

I actually feel so dumb that I've never heard of it

Triz
14-10-2020, 08:43 PM
What is this "Prime" day?

I actually feel so dumb that I've never heard of it

Prime Day is an annual deal event exclusively for Amazon Prime members, delivering two days of special savings on tons of items.

Jarkie
15-10-2020, 02:42 AM
I ended up buying one of them robot hoover things :')

Triz
15-10-2020, 06:34 AM
I ended up buying one of them robot hoover things :')

I want one of those!!! But the one I want is about £900 so I think I'll wait till I've moved house and got settled in, and bought some much needed furniture since Im moving to a bigger house, then wait till I win the lottery :D

Jarkie
15-10-2020, 09:38 AM
I want one of those!!! But the one I want is about £900 so I think I'll wait till I've moved house and got settled in, and bought some much needed furniture since Im moving to a bigger house, then wait till I win the lottery :D

900 quid?! WHAT.

The one I got only cost £100. Thanks to the discounts.

Oh god were such adults. help

Triz
15-10-2020, 04:37 PM
I remember I got pretty excited to buy my first vacuum cleaner... Sadly I didn't have Prime back then so didn't use Prime, but I need a new one now since my Dyson broke last week, but I'll hold off until black Friday deals now, I have a spare crappy vacuum to use in the mean time

RuthOnToast
18-10-2020, 01:30 PM
Didn't get anything from prime day but my mum did keep Bringing home sweets and muffins from work and some temporary amazon tattoos if anyone wants an amazon van tattoo.

lawrawrrr
19-10-2020, 08:06 PM
Didn't get anything from prime day but my mum did keep Bringing home sweets and muffins from work and some temporary amazon tattoos if anyone wants an amazon van tattoo.

As in... a tattoo of the Amazon logo? Why....

I’m trying to not overspend at the moment so didn’t even look at prime day deals I’m so good

RuthOnToast
20-10-2020, 10:29 AM
As in... a tattoo of the Amazon logo? Why....

I’m trying to not overspend at the moment so didn’t even look at prime day deals I’m so good

It has blue amazon vans and amazon parcels.

Jarkie
22-10-2020, 05:17 PM
I remember I got pretty excited to buy my first vacuum cleaner... Sadly I didn't have Prime back then so didn't use Prime, but I need a new one now since my Dyson broke last week, but I'll hold off until black Friday deals now, I have a spare crappy vacuum to use in the mean time

Ah bless you.

An update on my small little robot - I love it, does the job really well. Though, back of my mind I do feel like it will gain consciousness and destroy me.

Ozad
24-10-2020, 10:44 PM
I brought one of those fire cube tv thingies... I won a £50 gift voucher from work and it was reduced to £69.99 - ended up paying £19.99, not bad right? :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!