PDA

View Full Version : What are your trading REGRETS?

FlyingJesus
19-10-2020, 12:26 PM
I am notoriously terrible at predicting the market, always buying up the rares that plummet to 7c in a week and failing to even look into anything that people will actually want! We've got a thread here (https://habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=748313) about your best deals if you manage to snag a bargain, but what I want to know here is your WORST choices in trading over the years :P

I have a great many regrets in terms of not buying things (the big "aquarium" furni that I love was ~200 at one point and I thought that was too much, now it's like 600) but I would say my worst choice is gonna have to be selling off the oversized scarves I got from the original Black Friday deal... I got about 90 for each one I think because I thought it was ugly and still do tbh but today the average on MP is 5429 - slightly more than I got for them.

Destined to be forever poor.

Ekelektra
19-10-2020, 12:40 PM
I regret not buying one of the trophies from the birthday Twitter competition this year. I looked at them when they were 200c and thought they would go down...

And when they came out I crafted a Glittering Halo and sold it for 100c thinking more people would craft them and flood the market, but they're 10x that now!

tbl
19-10-2020, 04:04 PM
I have loads of these!

I'm constantly finding something I want and instead of buying it, I'm always hoping the price goes down... check back a week later and it's more expensive.

I sold a Ted, and while it wasn't a complete loss, I want it back!

lawrawrrr
19-10-2020, 08:01 PM
I regret selling my first oversized scarf at about 100c.... killer that one! That’s one of the reasons why I hoard so many clothes now [emoji23]

Jarkie
19-10-2020, 10:49 PM
I regret selling my first oversized scarf at about 100c.... killer that one! That’s one of the reasons why I hoard so many clothes now [emoji23]

Oh my gosh, what a horrible feeling haha!!

My regrets is not letting prices rise and selling things quickly then finding out a year or two down the line it is worth more. So like Laura, I hoard everything for quite some time :P

lawrawrrr
20-10-2020, 08:31 AM
Oh my gosh, what a horrible feeling haha!!

My regrets is not letting prices rise and selling things quickly then finding out a year or two down the line it is worth more. So like Laura, I hoard everything for quite some time :P

yeah I’m honestly just relieved that I did save one and managed to sell it earlier this year for over 5k!! Happy days :D

-:Undertaker:-
20-10-2020, 09:49 PM
Hmm. Possibly buying a number of Pink Marquees which still sit on my old account. Although they've held value, they're very niche items and few in number - meaning selling just one could have destabilised the price. I just checked their price now and they've doubled... but still, it took years for any movement and I was worried about being saddled with them.

Lewis
30-10-2020, 03:52 AM
Back when confirming a trade just involved an instantaneus tick (during the shockwave days I think, not sure if it was periodically like this during flash) I remember quick trading being quite popular. They'd sell some expensive item, like a throne, for an hc sofa. They'd trade you the throne, tick, untick, cancel, and repeat this a few times and swap the throne sometimes for something like a red plasto, hoping they'd trick you. This quick trader was quite daring and did tick the box for a milisecond before canceling the throne trade, and retrading and trying to get me to give them an hc sofa for a red plasto or something like that. They traded me several times, sometimes it was the throne, sometimes it was a plasto. I thought I could outsmart the quick trader and get the throne. Wrong. There goes my hc sofa for worthless plasto chair.

Not sure of the actual items involved in the trade I had, but I think it was something like that.

Triz
08-11-2020, 11:01 AM
I never trade anything anymore, but once thing I did regret was selling about 15 Thrones back when they were 380c, and then a few mere months later then shot up to 700c and I was sitting there like a lemon thinking about what past me had done

HOSKO02
29-11-2020, 12:06 AM
I've got plenty, mainly regrets that I didn't keep hold of a lot of rares and supers that have passed through my hands through the years but I've sold on at sometime or other, ranging from a decade or more ago to more recently. These include the platinum bar (bought on release, sold early), Golden Tablet (traded for on prize giving week, later sold), Zon Parasol, Army Chairs, Idea Teleports, Ads_1800 Teleports, numerous Pear Trees, Ultramarine Sub, a complete Trax collection, lots of pre-merge UK hotel staff trophies... the list goes on. It's easy to look back with the foresight of current prices and bemoan your too-quick trades of yesteryear, but I suppose that is all part of the economic experience of Habbo. By and large though, I've traded terribly and very seldom turned a profit. I think that requires more shrewd trend reading, cut-throat deadling and dedication to finding bargains and patience in the market than I've ever had.

HOSKO02
29-11-2020, 12:09 AM
Hmm. Possibly buying a number of Pink Marquees which still sit on my old account. Although they've held value, they're very niche items and few in number - meaning selling just one could have destabilised the price. I just checked their price now and they've doubled... but still, it took years for any movement and I was worried about being saddled with them.

It's the classic 'will I be stuck with these and fighting to fob them off' against 'might I be the only one left with these and so setting the price?' gamble.

Cody
01-12-2020, 06:52 AM
Definitely my map of Finland

e5
01-01-2021, 07:23 PM
Back when confirming a trade just involved an instantaneus tick (during the shockwave days I think, not sure if it was periodically like this during flash) I remember quick trading being quite popular. They'd sell some expensive item, like a throne, for an hc sofa. They'd trade you the throne, tick, untick, cancel, and repeat this a few times and swap the throne sometimes for something like a red plasto, hoping they'd trick you. This quick trader was quite daring and did tick the box for a milisecond before canceling the throne trade, and retrading and trying to get me to give them an hc sofa for a red plasto or something like that. They traded me several times, sometimes it was the throne, sometimes it was a plasto. I thought I could outsmart the quick trader and get the throne. Wrong. There goes my hc sofa for worthless plasto chair.

Not sure of the actual items involved in the trade I had, but I think it was something like that.
haha I remember those days. Got stung a few times trying to out smart them

Sunshine87
26-03-2021, 12:21 PM
Story Time

It was way back in 2002....I'd gotten a present from an old Hotel Manager, it was a beautiful Throne! x-x I loved that thing.

Unknown to me I'd I won 12 more of them in a competition shortly after! I'd entered and thought nothing of it, I never win anything. A week after I had won I came online, with no idea until I found people swarming my room asking to see them, wanting to be my friend. So I checked my hand and the Habbo News, It was true! I was hounded with trade offers for weeks, which I kept declining. At the time I think I was the Habbo with the most thrones, so honestly I was constantly overwhelmed with people asking me to trade them.

Later in the year HC was released and people were raving about Club Sofas, they were the new 'thrones' and peoples favourite must have item. Because my parents had banned me from using anymore of my phone credit at the time I couldn't join HC. Anyway, silly me ended up trading most of them for things like a few Club sofas each, a Holoboy for one and a Russian Samovar for another as I thought it would be cool to have each of the Hotel Managers gifts. Leaving me with 8 left. I should have never traded any of them or let people see them in my room.

Gosh I really loved those thrones and they helped me make quite a few new 'friends'. One of whom was a new fan site owner, it actually got pretty popular back in the day and Habbo linked to it. I enjoyed DJ'in and helping out with the site... but the owner was using it to gain my trust the whole time and one day sent me a link which I thought was related to the fan site. He hacked me, took absolutely everything I had, including my beautiful thrones and later teasing me over it :( Even though I'm sure there were chat logs, Habbo did nothing and believed the fan site owner over me.

I managed to get my account back, secure and debug my PC, but the damage had been done. I still use that 2002 account to this day and will forever miss my thrones. I will never own one again, not now :(

Note to self,
Don't trade Thrones for Clubs sofas or trust people on habbo! lol :'(

tbl
26-03-2021, 04:44 PM
I sold a lot of stuff before the big unity switch.
Long wavy locks is the biggest thing I regret selling!

FlyingJesus
26-03-2021, 05:33 PM
Why what have they risen to now... sold mine for 1770

tbl
26-03-2021, 05:51 PM
Why what have they risen to now... sold mine for 1770

I don't remember exactly how much and there aren't any in the mp so I'm not sure the avg, but I feel like they'd still hold their value. I honestly just feel this way anytime I sell anything!

ArielxSu
05-04-2021, 11:29 AM
You can never truly know with habbo .... it’s all based on luck I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tbl
06-04-2021, 01:40 PM
FURTHER PROOF I SOLD TOO EARLY--

https://i.imgur.com/6faOBoB.png
FlyingJesus; have you sold ALL of yours yet??

FlyingJesus
06-04-2021, 01:49 PM
What you mean all I only had the 1 that I sold for 1770 :P so yeppppppppp

tbl
06-04-2021, 01:50 PM
ohhh I definitely thought you had more than one :'(

FlyingJesus
06-04-2021, 02:02 PM
Nope only bought 2 when they came out and bound one... and obv any rares that I buy 5 or 6 of go straight to 18c.

Eeeeverything I sell goes up after I sell it, regular sized scarf hovering between 6-700 after I got 500 for mine lolololol oh well still more than I paid I guess

lawrawrrr
06-04-2021, 04:00 PM
I had 3 of those, sold 2 way too early but hoarding the last one. Have been tempted to bind it (and the cute ponytail one) soooo many times but glad I haven't!!!!!

Courtneyy
20-04-2021, 05:47 PM
I regret giving like 1500 items and 300 credits to mspink because I "quit habbo" haha

Chipmunks
21-04-2021, 12:12 AM
My #1 trading regret will always be selling my OG fish hat for 80c!!! Also not trade related but opening an OG party hat box after years of hoarding it only to get an orange one in it!! ��

FlyingJesus
21-04-2021, 07:46 AM
I regret giving like 1500 items and 300 credits to mspink because I "quit habbo" haha

Oh no! I'm sure she'll hand it all back now you've returned and joined events ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!