PDA

View Full Version : AP projects Joe Biden to be elected 46th US President

-:Undertaker:-
07-11-2020, 07:26 PM
The states have not yet declared with it being such a tight result but AP are calling it with other media organisations.

I'm slightly sad, President Trump's administration was in my view the best since President Reagan's in the 1980s. Had it not been for Covid...

On the other hand, Biden isn't a far left lunatic so out of all Democrats to have elected to the White House he's probably the best we could hope for to keep them reigned in. In addition, the Republicans look likely to hold the Senate which will effectively block the Biden administration from passing much partisan stuff at all in the first 2 years of the new administration.

My true priority, Britain's interests, have been hurt by this election which is really what matters. President Trump was a true Anglophile, whereas Biden seems closer to Germany and France. Added to that, the Democratic Party with the Irish-American lobby have always been more hostile towards Britain than the Republican Party. I'd say prospects of a UK-US FTA over the next four years are pretty much over as a result of this election because of that. Finally, President Xi Jinping and the Communist Party of China will be pleased by this result, as Biden is certainly a lot softer on China than Trump. Expect China to flex its muscles more over the next few years, and will likely push against US allies (Vietnam, Taiwan) to test American resolve on defence in the Orient.

So there we go. I'd expect Trump will run again in 2024, in fact I would be shocked if he did not.

Thoughts?

Triz
07-11-2020, 07:38 PM
Honestly can't say a lot about what he's done for the US cause I've never been that invested to care, but the man-child is a nutcase imo

07-11-2020, 07:41 PM
Honestly can't say a lot about what he's done for the US cause I've never been that invested to care, but the man-child is a nutcase imo

To be fair, his behaviour is no different than the Democrats for the last 4 years disputing the 2016 election by pushing crazy conspiracies that it was all Russia.

Triz
07-11-2020, 07:43 PM
It's not even that, it's just his childish like behaviours and mannerisms

dbgtz
07-11-2020, 07:44 PM
trump is a hypocritical man child who did nothing positive

07-11-2020, 07:47 PM
trump is a hypocritical man child who did nothing positive

Built a wall, was supportive of Britain post-Brexit, didn't launch any illegal wars like Bush + Obama, didn't close down the economy and lock the population up because of a bad flu, got the UAE and Oman to recognise the existence of Israel and start friendly relations, re-negotiated trade deals in America's favour and was tough on China. Not a bad record compared to the two presidents before him.

It's not even that, it's just his childish like behaviours and mannerisms

He was never presidential, true. But I always preferred the Twitter outbursts to another Iraq/Afghanistan war (Bush) or Libya/Syria (Obama) with chaos and death.

Policy is what matters in the end, not personality.

Samishlol
09-11-2020, 02:52 PM
I haven't really followed US politics that closely so I can't comment on what Trump did during his 4 years. But I'm happy they are gonna have a change in President.

FlyingJesus
09-11-2020, 03:06 PM
To be fair, his behaviour is no different than the Democrats for the last 4 years disputing the 2016 election by pushing crazy conspiracies that it was all Russia.

Categorically untrue; following an investigation which has been shown to have actual evidence and multiple prosecutions but stopping short of arresting the President BECAUSE he was the President is not the same thing as screeching and yelling about an election being stolen, not by a long stretch. Trump is still shouting about fraud (with absolutely no evidence) and claiming that he's won instead of conceding, and then has also decided to incite violence and hatred among his cult while at the same time trying to bleed them for all the money he can get to pay off his own personal debts. No-one has ever done that before in all of US history on either side, he's a disgrace to politics and a truly dangerous man. You cannot preface an entirely unfair statement with "to be fair".

09-11-2020, 03:47 PM
Categorically untrue; following an investigation which has been shown to have actual evidence and multiple prosecutions but stopping short of arresting the President BECAUSE he was the President is not the same thing as screeching and yelling about an election being stolen, not by a long stretch. Trump is still shouting about fraud (with absolutely no evidence) and claiming that he's won instead of conceding, and then has also decided to incite violence and hatred among his cult while at the same time trying to bleed them for all the money he can get to pay off his own personal debts. No-one has ever done that before in all of US history on either side, he's a disgrace to politics and a truly dangerous man. You cannot preface an entirely unfair statement with "to be fair".

There was no evidence that President Trump was elected because of Russia. A total lie. For the past 4 years the Democrats have lied and lied about his election, and called him outright illegitimate - from Clinton to Pelosi and others, including an attempt to remove him from office via impeachment. The President's wild accusations of fraud in this election are just as bad yes, although I would remind you this is nothing new as the Democrats did the same in 2000 with Al Gore vs George W. Bush. It took Gore 36 days to concede.

What goes around..... comes around.

The Don
09-11-2020, 03:52 PM
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

FlyingJesus
09-11-2020, 04:32 PM
You're lying again. There is extreme hard evidence including pleas of guilt from those working for Trump that Russia had a big part to play in things with lots of interaction between them and a large group of Trump's officials. Trump himself may or may not have been involved personally (the report explicitly stated that he is not exonerated but also will not be charged because of his Presidential office, so that remains to be seen) but the claims that were made were largely found to be correct. That is not in any way the same as the President making provably false claims about poll-watchers being barred, votes arriving "illegally", that millions of legal votes shouldn't be counted because they weren't for him, and most of all the ridiculous claim that he won the election. You cannot possibly believe that those are similar courses of action

10-11-2020, 03:54 AM
You're lying again. There is extreme hard evidence including pleas of guilt from those working for Trump that Russia had a big part to play in things with lots of interaction between them and a large group of Trump's officials. Trump himself may or may not have been involved personally (the report explicitly stated that he is not exonerated but also will not be charged because of his Presidential office, so that remains to be seen) but the claims that were made were largely found to be correct. That is not in any way the same as the President making provably false claims about poll-watchers being barred, votes arriving "illegally", that millions of legal votes shouldn't be counted because they weren't for him, and most of all the ridiculous claim that he won the election. You cannot possibly believe that those are similar courses of action

I'm sorry but there is no evidence for Russia's involvement in the election in 2016 anymore than there was for it's involvement in the 2016 EU referendum. It's a complete figment of the liberal imagination. The fact you're still pushing conspiracy theories like that to delegitimise President Trump's 2016 victory just shows the double standards. A friend of mine, on the left/liberal side, was complaining about the President refusing to concede - I said to him, why are you so concerned about democracy now when you tried to cancel 17 million votes and hold another EU referendum? He too cannot see the similarity, but I certainly can and seemingly half of America can. Nicola Sturgeon is another one oblivious to how making people vote again and again looks and comes across.

A sad state of affairs really, but until both sides start accepting that they lost simply because the other side was more popular and not because of Vladimir Putin, vote stuffing, Cambridge Analytica, Rupert Murdoch, the public being stupid, reptillian mind control waves, 5G and whatever else, this descent into madness will continue. Trump isn't the first by far.

FlyingJesus
10-11-2020, 08:47 AM
Right yeah people pleaded guilty to obstructions of justice and got jailed for nothing. At least TRY to know your subject if you're going to make statements about truth. I'm not a fan of either side or what hardcore supporters do and don't believe, but I am a fan of facts

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!