PDA

View Full Version : A powerful message

Cypher-
18-09-2005, 01:18 PM
I shared this with the staff but decided to post it here also because its so good, Its something someone had written on one of my favourite sites, the meaning and point of the message is really good and important so enjoy!

---

A well-known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a $20.00 bill. In the room of 200 he asked, "Who would like this $20 bill?"

Hands started going up. He said, "I am going to give this $20 to one of you but first, let me do this."

He proceeded to crumple up the $20 dollar bill. He then asked, "Who still wants it?"

Still the hands were up in the air. "Well," he replied, "What if I do this?"

And he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe. He picked it up, now crumpled and dirty. "Now, who still wants it?"

Still the hands went into the air. "My friends, we have all learned a very valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $20. Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We feel as though we are worthless. But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value. Dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased, you are still priceless to those who do love you. The worth of our lives comes not in what we do or who we know, but by who we are. You are special, don't ever forget it."

Remember to count your blessings, not your problems. If God brings you to it, he will bring you through it. Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!"

Tommy
18-09-2005, 01:20 PM
Omg how deep <33

Flauvo
18-09-2005, 01:22 PM
that touched me somewhere....

... Oh no, that was my dog.

It's powerful alright

Thrilled
18-09-2005, 02:09 PM
Sounds like sommit from the bible, knew God would have something to do with it.
What about a hobo with no family or friends? Nobody loves him...

Cypher-
18-09-2005, 02:15 PM
Im guessing hobo's are around to show everyone else the effects of life where noone cares for you, Im sure someone did love him at one point or he wouldnt be around at all.

Thrilled
18-09-2005, 02:36 PM
Not necessarily. What about children in Africa (Niger, Ethiopia) etc who's family have been wiped out by AID's? Who loves them?

Rebecca
18-09-2005, 02:51 PM
:o Neils... god!!! +bows down+ :D

Corey777
18-09-2005, 02:55 PM
Not necessarily. What about children in Africa (Niger, Ethiopia) etc who's family have been wiped out by AID's? Who loves them?
Honestly, they are some of the most happiest kids in the world. They ae greatful for every little thing. Their mothers' love them, and obviously, we love them. Does Make Poverty History ring a bell?

Rebecca
18-09-2005, 02:57 PM
hrm... some people i dnt love.. like my cousin... he punched me and hes 8 -.-

Cypher-
18-09-2005, 03:05 PM
I guess theres the fact someone out there has or is loved by some person, everyone has been loved by another person before, even if they dont know they have the memories to hold on to, Those kids out there have nothing but are probably better people than alot of people who have had everything given to them.

People who go over there of their own free will and help them are the ones that give them love, hope and determination.

Thrilled
18-09-2005, 03:13 PM
Honestly, they are some of the most happiest kids in the world. They ae greatful for every little thing. Their mothers' love them, and obviously, we love them. Does Make Poverty History ring a bell?

wot iz make poverty history?... ;/
Poverty will never be made history. It's fact that a lot of kids in Africa never have received any aid or love. How the hell are they happy? No family, no possessions, nothing. They'll probably die of starvation or AIDS.

And anyway, what a great sucess Live 8 was. Sure, the G8 leaders decided to give more money to the poorer countries, but it didn't help Niger did it. The supplies arrived whay too late and as a result, thousands died.

Cypher-
18-09-2005, 03:16 PM
The fact is it shows the world is not arrogant and obnoxious completely, Someone does care about them or else there wouldnt off been anything happening at all. You cant fight against something that is envitable, of course lots would die its really sad to say so but its true but people somewhere right now are making a difference.

Thrilled
18-09-2005, 03:20 PM
Bit late though now. I was saying, the huge loss could of been reduced if the world had acted more promtly. I personally think we need to educate the people of Africa. They don't know about AIDS and it needs to be avoided. We're just going round in circles and need to get to the root of the problem. Protection isn't expensive and can be given to them free: it would save billions on medication.

Cypher-
18-09-2005, 03:30 PM
Its not just people in Africa who get aids :\ People dont automatically stop something and learn something new just because we suddenly tell them so, thats like telling a murderer not to kill again even though you know he will.

I did not make this thread to debate, I opened it to share some nice words of wisdom, both of us are right but lets not ruin this thread by arguing :)
Have a good sunday!

Thrilled
18-09-2005, 03:41 PM
We're not arguing, we're debating :P. And you're a Slash fan, so we're brought together by a special bond anyway <3.

I know Africa's not the only place in the world with a problem with AIDs, but it probably has the biggest problem with the diesease. Isn't it like every 4 out of 5 people there have AIDS? It's terrible. They need to be educated to help reduce the amout of AIDs cases otheriwse it'll never be controlled. I'm not saying AID's will suddenly dissapear, but people don't even know how it comes about over there and it can't be avoided currently anyway.

Cypher-
18-09-2005, 03:42 PM
Thats very true but like I said who are we to have the right to try and change people, they have to decide on their own.

Slash is god :D

Thrilled
18-09-2005, 03:47 PM
I'm sure most Africans would be very happy to be taught something. They don't have to follow the advise, but if they knew the affects of AIDs, I'm pretty sure they'd listen.

And yeah, Slash sure is God :).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!