PDA

View Full Version : New Manchester Airport terminal revealed

-:Undertaker:-
30-01-2021, 07:36 PM
I had no idea about this.

But my god was it needed. All the airports I have been to in the third world were better than Manchester currently is.

Anyone else use/has used Manchester before? Main airport of the north.

Cerys
30-01-2021, 07:56 PM
I only use Manchester unless I have no choice but to not. Leeds Bradford is my closest one but dear god that needs tearing down asap. If you think Manc is bad then I wish you luck if you ever have to use LBA.

I quite like Manchester, nice to see it's getting a revamp!

30-01-2021, 08:04 PM
I only use Manchester unless I have no choice but to not. Leeds Bradford is my closest one but dear god that needs tearing down asap. If you think Manc is bad then I wish you luck if you ever have to use LBA.

I quite like Manchester, nice to see it's getting a revamp!

When I was young I used to think Manchester airport was so cool, seemed huge and those purple carpets everywhere. But yeah honestly, Manchester is worse than airports in Africa I have been to! No Wifi, half boarded off and just to drab and disjointed it is unreal. Liverpool airport is much smaller but at least has a modern terminal. British airports on the whole seem to be very poor and deffo need toe TLC Manchester has just had.

Have you ever used Liverpool?

Cerys
30-01-2021, 08:19 PM
When I was young I used to think Manchester airport was so cool, seemed huge and those purple carpets everywhere. But yeah honestly, Manchester is worse than airports in Africa I have been to! No Wifi, half boarded off and just to drab and disjointed it is unreal. Liverpool airport is much smaller but at least has a modern terminal. British airports on the whole seem to be very poor and deffo need toe TLC Manchester has just had.

Have you ever used Liverpool?

Nah, only UK airports I've used are Gatwick and Heathrow, obviously very well maintained, Manchester, Leeds (belurgh) and Southampton, though I don't particularly remember much of that.

Now would be such a perfect time to start updating terminals too with the reduction in footfall, though with the financial state of things maybe not.

I can't think what the absolute worst airport I've used is... probably one of the Greek islands.

30-01-2021, 08:21 PM
Nah, only UK airports I've used are Gatwick and Heathrow, obviously very well maintained, Manchester, Leeds (belurgh) and Southampton, though I don't particularly remember much of that.

Now would be such a perfect time to start updating terminals too with the reduction in footfall, though with the financial state of things maybe not.

I can't think what the absolute worst airport I've used is... probably one of the Greek islands.

That would be common sense wouldn't it, so don't expect it to happen! haha

Yeah I don't think I have been Gatwick, but I have been Heathrow and obviously very nice.

I hate Manchester for it's poor Wifi. Like it's the fact I'm in a first world country and I can't get Wifi that just INFURIATES me.

Triz
30-01-2021, 08:46 PM
I don't think I've ever flown out of any Airport apart from all of the London ones
I did hear about this a while ago though I'm pretty sure.. I've delivered many cars to Manchester Airport, even a great place to park my truck up overnight and sleep right next to the terminals :D

30-01-2021, 09:28 PM
Sectional;

you sleep in a van!?

god i'd hate a job like that haha

Triz
30-01-2021, 09:41 PM
Well I sleep in a cab, but yeah, it pays the bills though aye.

Wouldn't mind going to a shiny new Airport though, maybe in 2077 when Corona is no more, we can finally go on holidays again lol

Mikey
31-01-2021, 01:15 AM
It looks nice but I don’t really have any reason to go Manchester. I’ve been once though to visit the BBC and took the train.

31-01-2021, 01:20 AM
It looks nice but I don’t really have any reason to go Manchester. I’ve been once though to visit the BBC and took the train.

thoguht you'd be frequenting canal street often?

Mikey
31-01-2021, 01:28 AM
thoguht you'd be frequenting canal street often?

haha had to Google what that was. Nope. :)

Seatherny
31-01-2021, 06:20 PM
I had no idea about this.

But my god was it needed. All the airports I have been to in the third world were better than Manchester currently is.

Anyone else use/has used Manchester before? Main airport of the north.

I used it every month pre-COVID.

The airport is good, you probably haven't used Terminal 1 if you think it is so bad, you probably only used the crap Terminal 2, hence they have rebuilt it.

Manchester Terminal 2 looks good in fromt of the Birmingham airport, that airport is horrendous.

But glad to see them improving the airports here. It still isn't as nice as 5 year old Indian airports or Chinese or Arab airports, they are on another level.

RuthOnToast
31-01-2021, 07:02 PM
This is just making me want to go on holiday more but Manchester Airport brings back the memories of me shouting at a man skipping in front of me at security when we had like 30mins before the plane is meant to be taking off.

Mikey
31-01-2021, 08:14 PM
I used it every month pre-COVID.

The airport is good, you probably haven't used Terminal 1 if you think it is so bad, you probably only used the crap Terminal 2, hence they have rebuilt it.

Manchester Terminal 2 looks good in fromt of the Birmingham airport, that airport is horrendous.

But glad to see them improving the airports here. It still isn't as nice as 5 year old Indian airports or Chinese or Arab airports, they are on another level.
Yeah Birmingham is an absolute mess.

31-01-2021, 08:21 PM
@Saurav (https://habboxforum.com/member.php?u=11949);

I think I usually use T2 or T3. T1 is international flights at Manchester isn't it?

The best airports I have been to/in are probably Heathrow, Bombay, Barcelona, Dubai and Qatar.

Seatherny
31-01-2021, 09:59 PM
@Saurav (https://habboxforum.com/member.php?u=11949);

I think I usually use T2 or T3. T1 is international flights at Manchester isn't it?

The best airports I have been to/in are probably Heathrow, Bombay, Barcelona, Dubai and Qatar.

Yes T1 is international which is the one I use most. T2 was horrible.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!