PDA

View Full Version : How did you hear about Habbo?

Jarkie
14-03-2021, 02:05 AM
A good few of us have been playing Habbo for a number of years.

My question for you is how did you hear about Habbo?

For me - I remember a few mates from school talked about Habbo and I got the website and visited when I got home and been addicted ever since...

Triz
14-03-2021, 08:34 AM
Think it was from my brother who heard about it from his friend at school

Ekelektra
14-03-2021, 09:56 AM
I use to go on this website all of the time which had links to all of these other gaming sites on the internet. Most of them were girly dress up games but there was a simulation section and Habbo was in there

RuthOnToast
14-03-2021, 10:40 AM
my friend kept telling me to join Habbo but I couldn't work out how to spell it so it took me a while. 10 years later he's out having a real life and am still here

jamiexo
14-03-2021, 01:44 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw it advertised on miniclip or something, and so I clicked on it, made an account along with my friend, and then we became addicted to it

Attached
14-03-2021, 02:02 PM
My friend came round my house having been at another friend's house the previous week. He said that at that friend's house he'd gone on Habbo Hotel, saying that he had a character who wears a cap, and that I'd like it. It wasn't a great sell to be honest, but that was 2002 and I played on-and-off till 2017...

LUCPIX
14-03-2021, 09:02 PM
by a recommendation of a good 4th grade's buddy — the biggest mistake was selecting my *real* age during the signing up routine (it wasn't extremely lower than the boundary age but yet a bit lower); they obviously didn't let me in then I just left the game aside for a couple of months, until the moment some crazy shit happened in 2010, when some of my city's clothes stores had giant bacon habbo girls printed in their security tag detectors' banners, all the girly teen magazines advertised vibrant bacon habbo girls in full size, all the Universal music music videos on youtube had small habbos advertising their very own virtual Universal music lounge in that moment in time when youtube video pages had custom backgrounds... i mightve thought, "some crazy shit is happening, let us see it closely shall we" and the magic sparkled

FlyingJesus
15-03-2021, 08:28 PM
When it first came to the UK there was an advert in some teen magazine that my sister had and I saw it in there lollll we both made accounts but she only stayed on for like a week whereas I'm still here 20 years later because I'm really cool

Shannon
15-03-2021, 09:51 PM
Think I saw it somewhere a magazine / YouTube.

Chipmunks
16-03-2021, 02:24 AM
I was playing some Mario game online and an ad for Habbo popped up :}

Alkaz
16-03-2021, 07:39 AM
Discovered it at a friends house being advertised on Miniclip or something like that. He stayed for about a month, and Im still visiting 17 years later.

lawrawrrr
16-03-2021, 06:39 PM
My first account I literally have no idea how I heard of it or saw it.

When I signed up and stuck around (in 07) it was because my irl best friend played (dunno where she found it) and got me to sign up too. We used to go the library and got an hour free computer time where we went on Habbo next to each other then went and bought sweets! I wasn’t allowed to play at home but she did at home sometimes.

Sian
16-03-2021, 08:05 PM
A friend from school told me to join up.

She lasted a couple of days... I've lasted 16 years...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!