PDA

View Full Version : Giving advice

Courtneyy
03-05-2021, 03:27 PM
Do you think you are good at giving advice? and if you are, do you follow your own advice?

for example, I know I am good at listening, I am very empathetic and have a lot of life experience. I also have a bit of education on things such as psychology and mental health so when I give advice it is very detailed and knowledgeable! However I NEVER FOLLOW MY OWN ADVICE THO!

If I tell my sister something for example and I end up in the same situation where that advice would apply. I NEVER take my own advice and I do the opposite. It is so annoying. I know what to say to someone else and I know what someone else should do however when it comes to me, I am completely clueless and tend to do the opposite! -.-

tbl
03-05-2021, 04:03 PM
I would consider myself a great listener and pretty decent at giving advice.
I am really bad at taking my own advice. Honestly, I'm probably bad at taking any of the good advice my friends have given me.
I have to learn my lessons the hard way. Even if I see my friends going through the same things, I'm probably going to make all the same mistakes and regret it later.

jamiexo
03-05-2021, 05:27 PM
I would agree completely with what you said Courtney LOL. I feel like I'm a very approachable person, so I'm always there to listen and provide input where needed, but I'm not a very good one for "practicing what I preach". I think it's also situational though, because sometimes when emotions and bias get involved, you're really your own best judger for a situation. You're going through the situation, so sometimes people might not have the best angle on the topic.

RichBoiSam
04-05-2021, 04:30 PM
Great at giving, terrible at following. I'll give the best advice and completely disregard it myself.

Triz
07-05-2021, 09:06 PM
I hate giving advice... unless it's something I'm knowledgeable about or have been through myself, where I can draw on past experiences..
I tend not to give advice, mainly because I hate people.. I have the philosophy in life of "you do you"

tbl
07-05-2021, 09:40 PM
I tend not to give advice, mainly because I hate people..

hahahahaha not a bad way to look at things!

Cadigyna
21-12-2021, 02:44 AM
i am very good at giving other people advice (i do not always require knowledge, experience or anything else i just know the answer and what they require) and im not that great at giving myself advice but i create a workshop in my mind and put every possible outcome listed then im prepared for every possible result.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!