PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo 2021

Shannon
25-07-2021, 04:13 PM
Are you watching? If so what are you watching?

tbl
25-07-2021, 04:53 PM
I haven't watched anything yet because I keep forgetting this is on.
I'm probably going to watch a little of everything that's on.
Wooooooooo yay

FlyingJesus
25-07-2021, 04:59 PM
Totally forgot it was even a thing until last night when I saw it was on and thought "nah"

LUCPIX
25-07-2021, 05:19 PM
not this year. the 180º time zone difference basically demotivates/forbids me from keeping in touch w/ what's happening in real time, plus the practically passive aggressive coverage on their official youtube channel as I believe that only the TV stations can be the first media for the games broadcast atm..

Chipmunks
25-07-2021, 10:14 PM
I’ve mostly just been watching the softball and men’s/women’s swimming olympics tbh. Though waiting on the women’s gymnastics later :}

jamiexo
26-07-2021, 11:42 AM
I probably will at some point. Haven't up until this point, though.

RichBoiSam
26-07-2021, 11:22 PM
Only the football

Shannon
27-07-2021, 12:46 PM
Really enjoyed it so far. Its a nice escape andis nice to see some normallity

tbl
27-07-2021, 05:47 PM
Nothing to do with the games, but the cardboard beds look interesting and I kind of want one.
I also REALLY WANT to go on one of the self driving buses!!!!

MadameJaquack
05-08-2021, 08:24 AM
we watched a bit of the Olympic WALKING earlier, never realised it was a thing and it's absolutely hilarious they all look like they've had a very unfortunate accident

other than that I like to watch the gymnastics and live vicariously through them while screaming that could've been me (definitely could never have been) and the swimming and diving are always good to watch

tbl
05-08-2021, 03:05 PM
we watched a bit of the Olympic WALKING earlier, never realised it was a thing and it's absolutely hilarious they all look like they've had a very unfortunate accident

other than that I like to watch the gymnastics and live vicariously through them while screaming that could've been me (definitely could never have been) and the swimming and diving are always good to watch

are you watching swimming & diving for the speedos + hard bodies
https://i.imgur.com/7vWWBVF.gif

MadameJaquack
05-08-2021, 03:08 PM
are you watching swimming & diving for the speedos + hard bodies

I have no idea what you're on about, Your Honour

Chipmunks
05-08-2021, 03:36 PM
lmao I was actually watching that Olympic Walking race last night/earlier and I too didn’t know it was a thing!! At some point some guy got flagged and I googled why and it said cause apparently they can’t be bending their knees while walking or something like that??

MadameJaquack
05-08-2021, 07:43 PM
lmao I was actually watching that Olympic Walking race last night/earlier and I too didn’t know it was a thing!! At some point some guy got flagged and I googled why and it said cause apparently they can’t be bending their knees while walking or something like that??

yeah i saw that! absolutely mental, i didn't realise it was about bending knees lol i just sort of assumed it was like they have to keep one foot on the ground and all times but idk the knee thing sounds more complex

FlyingJesus
05-08-2021, 10:47 PM
Walking races are the most hilarious thing, I know it takes a lot of skill and composure to pull it off at that speed but that doesn't stop it from LOOKING ridiculous

Still not seen any Olympics

jamiexo
06-08-2021, 12:14 PM
I still haven't watched anything with the olympics either - but oh gosh, speed walking? That sounds hilarious. We have a Canal Run where I live where they do like walks, where it's basically speed walking. It's fun to watch it there, but I can't imagine how it looks on an olympian level LMAO

LUCPIX
07-08-2021, 05:38 AM
HOW DIDN'T I KNOW ABOUT THESE WALKING RACES BEFORE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that reminds me of the times I get bored of my Sims the way they are and program all of them to walk at half of the original speed then everyone seems to be holding their bladders too much, but not really, I guess I overestimated the "walking" part of the event's name, that yet demands a lot of stamina and all of that, but imagine being 1 foot away from your first-placed opponent and, even though you could, you can not run faster because that is not how the competition works

Watched a portion of the gymnastics events, yay, Rebeca Andrade, good call, Simone Biles, but everything gets too awkward without the crowd (in spite of being a vital condition for the games to happen), part of your brain keeps tricking you into making you to believe you are watching some type of rehearsal, proving that even the most annoying flash photographers and screaming audiences are the ones that compose the fabric of what we call olympic games, etc

MadameJaquack
08-08-2021, 10:38 AM
all events finished now and GBR came 4th boooooo we never win anything

https://i.imgur.com/GWS6NSw.png

congrats to the US tho 113 medals wowee

FlyingJesus
08-08-2021, 01:48 PM
lol Russia supposedly banned and only allowed 10 athletes, end up actually having 334 sent out and unsurprisingly win a lot of medals. 4th is pretty good especially looking at the number of contestants from the top 3, pretty standard medal numbers for US China and GB looking through recent history

Zak
12-08-2021, 09:34 PM
Just wanted to say, the standout performance of the Olympics for me was Eliud Kipchoge's marathon win. GOAT

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!