PDA

View Full Version : What's one piece of technology that never clicked for you?

leafly
02-01-2022, 06:36 PM
Mine was VR, I was in my gaming prime when VR was blowing up and talks if it being the norm on every major console. I've never really bought into that hype and honestly it doesn't really blow me away too much..

What about you guys?

FlyingJesus
02-01-2022, 09:44 PM
Voice activated stuff, I don't want to talk to people most of the time let alone a machine that's going to criticise my elocution by getting requests wrong

Triz
02-01-2022, 10:11 PM
TikTok

Shockwave.2CC
02-01-2022, 10:46 PM
Same as above

TikTok

LUCPIX
03-01-2022, 04:48 PM
Windows Phones

Jazz
03-01-2022, 04:51 PM
Kindles

Shannon
03-01-2022, 07:21 PM
Sat Navs - Why use a Sat Nav thats costs a bomb when you have a phone ..... and a map ... - Crazy people!

Triz
03-01-2022, 08:13 PM
Sat Navs - Why use a Sat Nav thats costs a bomb when you have a phone ..... and a map ... - Crazy people!

Google maps doesn't have heights of bridges, weight restrictions, unsuitable roads for certain vehicles etc..

I use a SatNav for those reasons, but yes if you're in a car, then use Google, it's free, as is many other navigation apps... I think it's more the older generation that use satnavs tbh... Like maybe one day in the future kids will be criticising us for using Google maps as opposed to some new technology that's out.. maybe a brain implant telling you the way lmao

Ekelektra
04-01-2022, 10:28 AM
Noise cancelling headphones, I don't like not being able to hear my surroundings
Even normal earphones if I'm in public I always only have one in

awelsh
15-01-2022, 08:51 PM
Tablets, just don't understand why people want something between the size of a phone & a laptop that has less functions than either.

Triz
15-01-2022, 09:09 PM
Tablets, just don't understand why people want something between the size of a phone & a laptop that has less functions than either.

I used to have Sonos (Bluetooth speakers) set up around the house, and set up rooms so I could okay various music on different parts of the house or all of it.. and used a tablet which was on display that controlled the system via Spotify

awelsh
16-01-2022, 06:28 PM
I used to have Sonos (Bluetooth speakers) set up around the house, and set up rooms so I could okay various music on different parts of the house or all of it.. and used a tablet which was on display that controlled the system via Spotify

Does sound like a good use for them to be fair!

Guess I'm old school, I've run speaker wire throughout the house with a commercial amp which has zone control for each room & the garden. Couldn't be dealing with syncing Bluetooth throughout and having one loose signal ��

Did take me weeks to install and a lot of repairing plasterboard though!

-:Undertaker:-
24-01-2022, 01:34 AM
tablets, for the same reason mentioned previously. too awkward!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!