PDA

View Full Version : How could it be gay?

Demynx
19-09-2005, 09:22 PM
Lots of times people say that is so gay when its not! One time i was watching a show and my friends he sees the girl kiss a guy and he says that is so gay!
Really why are people saying thats gay when its acually not. This is really confussing me. :s :(

GommeInc
19-09-2005, 09:59 PM
Where to begin lol.

Basically some ignorant prat used the word Gay as a way to describe how much he hates something. It actually meams you are Happy/Merry, not Homosexual, but it changed to this after a while. It then turned into another word for Homosexual and now it is 3 things, an insult or a way to say you are displeased or angered.

Painiac
19-09-2005, 10:13 PM
*sigh* I indeed despise the new use of the word gay. It is utterly pointless for the simple reason that it makes no sense at all.

Thrilled
19-09-2005, 10:22 PM
Why's there even a thread on this? It just demonstrates how limited an immature chav's vocabulary is. Nothing more.

The Professor
20-09-2005, 04:07 PM
Why's there even a thread on this? It just demonstrates how limited an immature chav's vocabulary is. Nothing more.

Correct, but in a largely closed minded society, being gay is considered a bad thing and a thing to be laughed at. Anything thought to be unnaceptable in society has come to be used as an insult, ie most swear words. If most people in the world are homophobic, then the chances are the word gay will evolve to be a common insult and thought nothing of, while still retaining its original meaning(s). I admint i use the word gay as an expression of anger or displeasure without thinking, and its not something im proud of. Must get out of that habit -.-

Wobegong
20-09-2005, 08:38 PM
They go "thats gay" because they are childish and need ot learn what the word Gay means.

Revenge
20-09-2005, 08:42 PM
I have an AWFUL habit of saying "you ghey". But when on msn, I spell it (as before) "g.h.e.y" - creating a new word =] Satisfying my needs and conscience. <3

Georgia
20-09-2005, 08:43 PM
They go "thats gay" because they are childish and need ot learn what the word Gay means.

Not really...
Gay as in you no gay
But then people just say thats gay because i dunno its kinda hard to explain. I say it but it dosnt mean gay like man + man gay its like thats stupid or sumat. Hard to explain but i tryed lol

0verRide
20-09-2005, 08:46 PM
its just a phase people use ''thats so gay'' if there annoyed
but the people who use it on things like a boy and a girl kissing need to find a dictonary

Rachi
20-09-2005, 08:49 PM
HMM. They are just using it as an insult.

Georgia
20-09-2005, 08:50 PM
^^ Yea.. Bascially its that. But if i do use it to say it about a girl and guy i wouldnt mean it as in guy n guy it'd just come out..

Demynx
21-09-2005, 07:37 PM
it just comes out, :o

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!