PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Being stupid :s

Cheeseboy76
21-09-2005, 06:01 PM
Can't make my PS2 work :s I've had for a while and now I go on it and it won't read disc, makes funny annnoying noises and strange noises when the disc thingy goes in
SOMEBODY TELL ME HOW TO FIX IT PLEASE!!

Victimized
21-09-2005, 06:03 PM
I dont know how to fix it, but it happened to me, first it made small grunting noises then it built up to full massive noise, then it never loaded atall. I sent it back to argos for repair, and it never came back. :( Try cleaning your PS2 out, it migth be trapped dust clogging it up, or disconnect your PS2 connection and then reconnect it, that might do something.

DiageoLiam
21-09-2005, 06:03 PM
Oh lol I took mine apart because I was bored and I broke it.. so dont take it apart x'l RIP Ps2 It was rubbish anyway

DiageoLiam
21-09-2005, 06:04 PM
Ohhh that happend to me agggges ago, take it apart and where the disk thing is there will be 2 metal bars, they need oiling make them oily everywhere

ilovejordan
21-09-2005, 06:09 PM
Shouldn't have took it apart? :s

Azza
21-09-2005, 06:51 PM
reminds me when my ps2 32MB mem card busted, it had all my saves.
No idea why ehter.
My mate made cheat disc which could format it or whatnot i got 4 of about 40 saves back.

Bear-Max
21-09-2005, 07:27 PM
Taking your PS2 apart makes your warranty void, so don't do it.

If you've only had it for a year or less, contact Sony and they'll replace it with a refurbished model. My disc tray broke (thanks to my sister walking through the wire and pulling it off of a shelf) and they replaced it straight away.

Constentine
21-09-2005, 11:17 PM
Taking your PS2 apart makes your warranty void, so don't do it.
If you've only had it for a year or less, contact Sony and they'll replace it with a refurbished model. My disc tray broke (thanks to my sister walking through the wire and pulling it off of a shelf) and they replaced it straight away.

I had a ps2 and it messed up on me. :[ I sent it back to best buy (I had boughten it with the best type of insurance) and it got lost in the mail! I KNOW! Finally after arguing with the people at best buy they refunded it and I got another 1. :D Always get the extra insurance! It's worth the extra money! Anyways he's right. Don't take it apart. :]

JoeyK.
23-09-2005, 04:24 AM
Try this- with your disk tray closed, try pushing the disk tray back. Mine did that, and the tray was just a bit loose.

Jordan3
23-09-2005, 03:53 PM
Can't make my PS2 work :s I've had for a while and now I go on it and it won't read disc, makes funny annnoying noises and strange noises when the disc thingy goes in

Is it a blue disc? Most blue discs go gay. And on some of my games, it stops halfway through and starts making horrible clicking sounds.

Bear-Max
23-09-2005, 04:21 PM
Is it a blue disc? Most blue discs go gay. And on some of my games, it stops halfway through and starts making horrible clicking sounds.

What, do they start liking other blue discs?

There are a large number of gay and bi people on these forums, and using the term gay derogatorily isn't a very nice thing to do. Think before you say things like that :P

Again, you should contact Sony directly to see what they can do for you ;)

.Lesley.
23-09-2005, 04:57 PM
My ps2 has brocken down. lmao jkz i sold it to my neighbour for 200 dollers

good deal?

adidas™
26-09-2005, 06:50 PM

i had the same problem with mine a few weeks ago,
the thing that needed fixing on mine was a circle thingy inside were the cds are placed

hope this can help you :>

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!