PDA

View Full Version : Beat The Bullies - Stand Up

Flauvo
22-09-2005, 06:29 PM
There's one thing we all hate about school.
And that is...
...Bullies.

Awful and horrible, they're all out there to reek havoc on innocent individuals.
My aim throughout this piece to make your school days a better place and a place you enjoy.

To start, lets start with a few phrases your mum,auntie,grandad might've told you :
"Sticks & Stones may break your bones but calling names won't hurt me"
I know you wouldn't like to use this at a bully as it might 'ruin' your reputation saying something old fashioned like that.
"The bigger they are, the harder they fall"
This is technically true as it's a longer way down if your taller. Also it means that if they think they are the bees knees and if they get beaten in a 'slagging match' then they will feel it.
"A bully is a coward"
Yet another, true fact. You will rarely see a bully perform an act of verbal or physical abuse on his own. He will have a 'gang' of 'mates' with him. You get him on his own and he's as quiet as a mouse.

Verbal Abuse

We get alot of it. And sometimes it contains swearing. Some of it can be racist or sexist. This is probably more hurtful than physical abuse as it could really lower your self a steam.

Example
"Oi! You! Get over here. You want a fight [swear word here]?"
The most common. They will come over to you and specifically ask them if you want a fight with them.
Way to tackle
The best thing to do is just say no and keep your head down. Then when your out of sight then tell your form tutor or head teacher what exactly happened.

Physical Abuse

This may hurt outside but is nowhere near as painful on the inside as verbal. This is when a bully is going 'over the top' with his actions. He/she finds it funny and fills his enjoyment level up. I personally find it sick.

Example
'Walks over and hits you for no reason'
They will do this to many people and think its funny. Well, it's not. It could hurt someone badly and maybe give them external injuries.
Way To Tackle
What your mother says i would say to. If they start a fight with you or hit you then you have all the right in the world to retalliate. If you think that your 'incapable' of doing this then walk away and again tell someone like a teacher.

Just Remember one thing

STAND UP. BE BRAVE. BEAT THE BULLY

-!scotty-!1
22-09-2005, 07:23 PM
I hate them 2

kaut
22-09-2005, 07:24 PM
Example
"Oi! You! Get over here. You want a fight [swear word here]?"
The most common. They will come over to you and specifically ask them if you want a fight with them.
Way to tackle
The best thing to do is just say no and keep your head down. Then when your out of sight then tell your form tutor or head teacher what exactly happened.

I don't reccommend keeping your head down... ignoring them yes, but don't keep your head down. They want attention or a reaction out of you and you dropping your head because of them just shows that you're paying attention to them.

As for the rest not too bad. If they do attack you just walk away unless they keep doing it... then just let loose on all the primal tendancies. A swift kick to groin and a knee to the head comes in handy sometimes. Biting as hard as you can is handy too. Bite their nose and they won't want to mess with you anymore.

ReInfected
22-09-2005, 07:30 PM
yeah right! im 6'1 and im pritty big. But u know i aint a bullie but if someone came up to me and hit me, i wouldnt run like a lil b ! HELL NO id take a swing! thats self defence and i will protect me if i have to. But if he has a weapon. best thing to do is retaliate UNLESS you know how to take the weapon out of his hands without getting harmed..(dont do it if you never did it before or you arent quick enoguh*)

Flauvo
22-09-2005, 07:32 PM
not all tall people are bullies.
big dosnt mean tall. it means mentally big like 'i think i'm solid'

ReInfected
22-09-2005, 07:36 PM
Yeah like if i saw someone pickin on my friend id stick up for him u know? the only thing that holds me back is that i dont wanna get suspended..

Flauvo
22-09-2005, 07:39 PM
I got excluded for 2 months for retaliated and i protested with 50 other pupils from my school and we won my battle for me to come back to school

RedStratocas
22-09-2005, 07:59 PM
"The bigger they are, the harder they fall"
This is technically true as it's a longer way down if your taller.

True, but that isnt really what that means. Usually it doesnt mean actually being tall, but powerfull. Like if you have a lot to loss.
Like if a big time executive was fired from his job, thats lossing a lot. A lot of money, power, ect.
If a poor guy gets fired, it isnt as big of a fall as the executive, because he was already far down.

And plus if they litterally are taller and litterally fall, it wont be as bad becuase they are big and it wont hurt them as much.

Anyway, bullying is down a ton over the past few decades believe it or not. Bullying is always going down, we can never stop it, but itll keep going down. I know that bullying seems bad, but really I think that parents are being WAY too overprotective these days of their kids. You know, the parents who try to stop and prevent every possible hurt feeling, frustration, anxioty, and unfairness, its turning kids into... whats the word?... wieners. lol. But seriously, kids do have to learn that there will always be bullies, and life isnt always fair, and people wont always like you. Thats the way it is. If a kid's mom always looks after him and calls the school after every kid calls him stupid, thats weakening him. What good is that doing? Once he gets into the real world, his mom wont be able to protect him from it anymore. If its continuous and gets violent, there needs to be an answer, but not with minor things like that.

You just need to know, if someone picks on you, they are no better than you, which you have said.

Just some tips:
- Come up with comebacks, and comebacks to comebacks. I havent been picked on in a while, and its because I can come up with the most horrific verbal abuse ever... trust me... it helps. If you cant think of any at the time, just act like it doesnt bother you, and it wont.
- Be yourself... just not too much. For example:
In 5th grade, there was 1 kid that loved pokemon, but for everyone else that phase was long gone. He always tried to talk to other people about pokemon, and everyone just shut him down and made fun of him for liking it. But every day he would find someone else to talk to about pokemon, and he would once again be made fun of.
I just think its smart that if no one likes something that you do, dont give it up, just dont embrace it.
- Clothes: You can wear what you want, just some things to make sure of: Make sure there are no spots or stains, little things like that bullies notice.
- Have a sence of humor about it. I know it seems wierd, but if you laugh at some of the insults they give to you, true or not, they get annoyed, and sometimes leave.
- Ignoring usually doesnt work. It used to back in 2nd grade, but once you get into jr high and high school, they want you to say something back, and wont leave until you do

Hope ive helped.

Menshevik
23-09-2005, 01:03 AM
See its goo for me, I'm a big guys. Tall and like, I don't want to say fit because I'd sound British. Anyways lets just say I'm strong. I'm on the good side so it's all good. I say to my friends "If anyone is punking on you, just tell me, I'll deal with them" So it's all good for me.

If someone is talking bad to you. Get it personal. If you know a thing about them like their father beats them, you can say
"Well at least I have a good family. My parents care for me, you get beaten, you'll never be good enough to them. My parents embrace who I am,unlike you. You're parents hate you."
They will either back down or get madder.

Cypher-
23-09-2005, 02:38 PM
I dispise any forum of bullying but the quiet approach to it doesnt always work, When I was younger I got bullied and I tried everything to stop it, In the end I just retaliated at them, I stood up for myself and it was stopped.

People say that fighting doesnt solve anything, they are right except from fighting stopping slavery, genocide, nazism etc.

Sometimes the best way to beat a bully is to collide with one, Im not trying to promote violence in anyway, but if they rule your life now they will rule it always, dont let them get that far.

Ash♥
23-09-2005, 04:14 PM
I think it'd be a bad idea to go telling on them. They don't like it and they could do almost anything to you in or out of school. Ignoring them is a good idea and just carry on with that you're doing.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!