PDA

View Full Version : Christopher Reeve Dies Aged 52 From A Heart Attack

Soyers
11-10-2004, 11:05 AM
(Facts taken from news websites)

For those of you who do not know who Christopher Reeve is- Christopher was the star of the 1978 blockbuster hit Super Man.
He auditioned for the part, and got it!
Over the years he shot three sequels and earned an estimate of $300 million.

But in 1995 Christopher was thrown from his horse and broke his neck during an equestrian competition in Culpeper, Virginia.
The accident turned him into a worldwide advocate for spinal cord research.

He was paralysed from the shoulders down and was being treated at Northern Westchester Hospital for a pressure wound that he developed.

In the past week the wound had become severely infected, resulting in a serious systemic infection.

Christopher fell into a coma and died of heart failure yesterday.

His Wife Dana Reeve said in a statement:
"On behalf of my entire family, I want to thank Northern Westchester Hospital for the excellent care they provided to my husband.
I also want to thank his personal staff of nurses and aides, as well as the millions of fans from around the world who have supported and loved my husband over the years."

Christopher Reeve did a great deal of charity work over the years and will be missed terribly..

Butcher11
11-10-2004, 01:55 PM
:( I was very sad when I heard this, he was a good man, and an optimist.

ash5768
11-10-2004, 07:05 PM
I remember not to long ago he appeared in an episode of smallville. That may well have been his last tv appearance.
R.I.P
Christopher

TheLostPara
11-10-2004, 07:07 PM
R.I.P ...

elmosmith
13-10-2004, 05:35 AM
I loved watching Superman...I remember when I was a kid Id be running around the garden like a headless chicken thinking I had " 1337 " Powers xD
How wrong was I? R.I.P Superman :'( <33

elmosmith

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!