PDA

View Full Version : Diabetic

varna
26-09-2005, 09:07 PM
anyone had a test for it (like blood test) i have to have one on friday and im worried it will hurt

Eamonn
26-09-2005, 09:08 PM
Pfft no my sisters diabetic its a finger pric'k test =l twit

ItsDave
26-09-2005, 09:19 PM
I had 3 in the J/R once. I dunno if tis helps but I tenced my arm up and I held my arm just below my elbow to keep it up. I just tence it so I dont feel it as much.

Dan Williamson
26-09-2005, 09:41 PM
anyone had a test for it (like blood test) i have to have one on friday and im worried it will hurt

Don't worry yeah it don't hurt.

Just look away think of something nice and then you'll be suprised when you don't feel it.!

varna
27-09-2005, 05:38 PM
Pfft no my sisters diabetic its a finger pric'k test =l twit

its not actually its a needle up my arm! so your the twit =|

Tommy
27-09-2005, 05:39 PM
Its better to have one test than have to do that every day. My mum has diabetes and she has to cut herself everyday to test her blood.

varna
27-09-2005, 08:31 PM
Its better to have one test than have to do that every day. My mum has diabetes and she has to cut herself everyday to test her blood.

hmmmmmm lovely........i hope im not i cant live with out coke and chocolate everyday.... :eusa_pray i hope im not i have NO will power!

Tommy
27-09-2005, 08:33 PM
You can still have coke and chocolate, diet coke has no sugar... diabetes chocolate is available, with sweetners added.. no sugar.

ReInfected
27-09-2005, 08:33 PM
i heard its bad though...dont they cut ur arm open and then blood rushes out cuz lots of veins are in there and then they stick this long thing up ur arm and it HURTS ALOT? idk...

Eamonn
28-09-2005, 03:23 PM
me ? my sister has diabetes i think i would know a diabetes test is just a finger pric'k test idiot

Squishybeamz
28-09-2005, 03:31 PM
You make me laugh, it's a finger pr'ck lol trust me..... i know :D :rolleyes:

Eamonn
28-09-2005, 03:41 PM
You make me laugh, it's a finger pr'ck lol trust me..... i know :D :rolleyes:
thank you squishy ! I think i should know

ilovejordan
28-09-2005, 03:56 PM
You can still have coke and chocolate, diet coke has no sugar... diabetes chocolate is available, with sweetners added.. no sugar.
It does. It has sweetners in which is a sugar substitute.

Eamonn
28-09-2005, 04:11 PM
err i hate diabetic chocolate its like a laxative =l

Tommy
28-09-2005, 04:13 PM
It does. It has sweetners in which is a sugar substitute.

Sweetner is not sugar... so it wont harm you...

Iluminations
02-10-2005, 08:46 PM
Lmao.. Yeah, if you eat too much of that stuff its causes "laxative effects" plus Diabetic chocolate has TONNES of carbs in it, so ..it's going to bring your sugar levels up just as high as sugar is, plus it's more expensive.. doctors don't recomend it, the only time I've eaten it is when my gran bought me some for christmas.. It wasn't that nice anyways.

I've had diabetes since Errrmm. March 03. You get used to it..

You have nothing to worry about though aout the test, seriously.. They take a finger test, which you can hardly feel [It might just be a little sore afterwards.] and then if they're worried that it's too high you'll probably have to take a urine test..

Anyway if you want to know anymore about anything.. I'd be more than happy to help

♥♥♥

andrew
02-10-2005, 11:49 PM
If they're just testing your sugar level's it'll be a ***** in your finger. It doesn't hurt at all. Though they might be doing blood test's.

olympic-games
03-10-2005, 05:29 AM
Lmao.. Yeah, if you eat too much of that stuff its causes "laxative effects" plus Diabetic chocolate has TONNES of carbs in it, so ..it's going to bring your sugar levels up just as high as sugar is, plus it's more expensive.. doctors don't recomend it, the only time I've eaten it is when my gran bought me some for christmas.. It wasn't that nice anyways.

I've had diabetes since Errrmm. March 03. You get used to it..

You have nothing to worry about though aout the test, seriously.. They take a finger test, which you can hardly feel [It might just be a little sore afterwards.] and then if they're worried that it's too high you'll probably have to take a urine test..

Anyway if you want to know anymore about anything.. I'd be more than happy to help

♥♥♥

Yea I got a Question.
My Folks suggest I get A bLood test because I eat Nothing But Junk!
Chocolates,chips,fizzie drinks you name it!

When did you notice or think you had dibaetes?

Sometimes I feel low on energy ,uhh hungry and thirsty

I know those are signs of diabetes

I dunno...

Luayminator
03-10-2005, 02:22 PM
To be honest with you there is nothing really to be scared of, If you are used to blood tests then this isnt any difference, Im sure its just the words TESTING FOR DIABETIES is scaring you, but its no big deal, do not worry yourself.

Eamonn
03-10-2005, 02:56 PM
I know the carbs bit is stupid because my sisters on the carb system when she injects a unit to every 10 carbs but it has not sugar in

and olympic hunger is'nt a sign of diabetes it could be obesety of lots of thing

Iluminations
03-10-2005, 03:48 PM
Type 1 diabetes is normally quite easy to diagnose, and the signs come on quite quickly [mine lasted a few days before I was taken to hospital.] On my general knowledge .. The symptoms are.

Increased thirst. [I can remember my mouth felt constantly dry.]
Weight loss. [This can be quite drastic.]
Dizzyness
Feeling tired all the time
Loss of vision [This is if it gets quite bad though.]There might be some more symptoms, but that's all I can think of at the moment, Hope this helps.. :D

L1P
03-10-2005, 04:00 PM
Hey Emma It's phil :D This forum is gay

Vause
03-10-2005, 07:06 PM
my mum is diabetic.. :(

Iluminations
03-10-2005, 09:03 PM
Hi Phil. and umm.. ok?:s

Yeah, I just feel sorry for parents who have babies/young children with diabetes, because when they go low, it's not like the child could tell them.. that's scary to think about..:(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!