PDA

View Full Version : Last movie(s) you rented

kaut
01-10-2005, 10:36 AM
I rent around five movies a week since there's no cable or anything as far as TV goes here. Usually someone else rents them so I'm stuck with what they get. Here was this week's rentals.

Blind Horizon - Decent movie. Predictable but still worth a watch. Val Kilmer has amnesia and thinks there's a plot to assissinate the president. Also has Amy Smart in it so I can't say too much bad about the flick. The person that rented it though forgot that we rented it last week too. He does that a lot.

Dude Where's The Party? - The makers are trying to go off of the success with Dude Where's My Car? and Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle with this one. Only worth watching if you're extremely bored because with the low budget, terrible acting, and terrible script they failed miserably... unless they were just trying to dupe you into paying to see it. Another one that was rented last week and for some reason was rented again this week... only this time they got the DVD version instead of the VHS.

Bridget Jones' Diary 2 (forget it's real name) - Not as good as the first... but if I have to sit through a romantic comedy it's not as painful if it has Hugh Grant or John Cusack. Could be good to watch with your girlfriend though.

Cadett Kelly - I didn't even bother to watch it. I saw it had what's her name on the DVD so already knew it was worthless. Eh! What was her name?!

Tall Tale - My little brother gets one movie out of the week's selection. This was his. Didn't watch it either as I saw it when it came out years ago.

So out of those five, I really only recommend Blind Horizon. Here's to hoping I wake up early enough tomorrow before they get more movies so I can have a say in what's getting rented.

Forest-Law
01-10-2005, 12:03 PM
May - which I heard good things about but it was rubbish. well a rubbish horror film anyway. i've yet to find a film to scare the living daylights out of me...eraserhead came close but i grasped what it was about.

Elephant - good but finishes quite quikly. artsy film worth a look.

House of 1000 corpses - no way near scary but it was watchable, if you're into to that kind of stuff like me.

Dimebag
01-10-2005, 01:02 PM
The Anchorman, although I'd already watched it like 4 or 5 times in a week on my computer. I thought there would be special features. It had them on the rental copy case, but there was none :(

Tommy
01-10-2005, 01:04 PM
I dont really rent dvd's i buy dvd's at rent places... try it, they sell really cheap dvd's when there not wanted any more! I think i got "Creep" last...

Victimized
01-10-2005, 08:06 PM
Last film i rented was Team America but that was like 4 months ago.

kaut
01-10-2005, 11:13 PM
I dont really rent dvd's i buy dvd's at rent places... try it, they sell really cheap dvd's when there not wanted any more! I think i got "Creep" last...

I do that for DVD's that I want. But the place that I rent at never has anything that I want for sell. I get 5 DVD's for 5 days for $5 when I rent.

I and want to see Elephant... but again, the place I go to doesn't have it.. meh.

Adam$
11-10-2005, 09:15 PM
XXX2: The Next Level - Ice Cube AKA Darius Stone is hired as a government secret-agent as the new XXX. The title makes it sound like a pĆ³rno film, but it's not. Also features apperarences from Xzibit.

Forest-Law
11-10-2005, 09:22 PM
I do that for DVD's that I want. But the place that I rent at never has anything that I want for sell. I get 5 DVD's for 5 days for $5 when I rent.

I and want to see Elephant... but again, the place I go to doesn't have it.. meh.

i rented tht :d and liked it. its an arty type film but its so cool and quite disturbing at parts :o its ends too quick though :@

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!