PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Rock & Roll Moments

Not-Thrilled
02-10-2005, 11:40 PM
What in your opinion are the finest rock moments in history. Mine (They kinda include personal favourites, so don't have a go at me):
When Hendrix lit his guitar alight on stage in London in 1967 and copntinued to play. Went to hospital for burns later on and was warned by management to "tone down his act" after causing damage to amps. Haha.
Velvet Revolver at Live 8, especially when Slash got down off the stage for the Fall to Pieces solo. I would of cryed if I'd been on the front row and seen that.
When Cobain denied Van Halen's request to jam on stage with him.
When that guy owned Courtney Love on stage in the "Kurt & Courtney" documentary. He was like "I don't think a ***** like Courtney should be leader of a fair acts organisation." hahaha
"You can do what you want Courtney, but I'll keep kickin' your as's!" - Courtney's dad.
Slash working with Michael Jackson for his Birthday celebration and the MTV awards show. Predominantly, Beat It at his birthday celebration. It was just a perfect song and solo done by 2 perfect artists. He owned Van Halen's solo.
Nirvana on a live MTV show around 1992, where they were told not to do "Rap'e Me" as it would cause offence to viewers. (If they did, the producer would cut them off and go into a commercial.) So Cobain strummed the first few notes to Ra'pe Me but then went into Lithium. Haha, comedy genious. You don't get that sorta' stuff anymore.
Elton 'dissing' Madonna at last years Brits or whatever it was. He was so right as well. Stuck up cow.
Slash, Steven Tyler, Bono, Weiland, Stevie Wonder, Brian Wilson, Billie Joe Armstrong and the rest of VR doing the Beetles classic 'Across The Universe' at the grammy's. You won't get that selection of stars doing a song together again.
Hendrix's performance of Machine Gun on the Band Of Gypsies record. One of the greatest live solos in history Imo.
Slash's solo in Knockin' On Heaven's Door in Tokyo on the Use Your Illusion tour of 1992. Another amazing live solo with his double neck.
When Slash gets on Axl's grand piano in November Rain. It's like, "And now...SLASH!" *Ming-blowing, super-emotional solo on top of a Grand Piano with lots of flashing lights and orchestra* You can't beat that I don't think. That and the fact that he forgets the ring for Axl and has to borrow Duff's, in the video.
Where Slash comes out of the sea doing the kick-as's solo in the Estranged video. Similar to November Rain, but he's like all wet and it's just awesome. I really should stop going on about Slash now.
Brian Johnson (AC/DC) coming on stage with Velvet Revolver at a recent gig.Now it's your turn.

kaut
03-10-2005, 04:00 AM
good list so far... a lot of that I'd put in mine as well. Nirvana playing "**** Me" was the 92' MTV Music Awards and they played the first few lines of the first verse... I have the video around here.

Another few I'll add to yours:

-Gavin Rossdale playing "Glycerine" out in the rain at 96' MTV Spring Break. That's how I want to die... getting electrocuted playing to a packed crowd singing along to one of my songs.

-John Lennon saying that more people knew about the Beatles than Jesus which created a huge uproar.

- Brandon Kaut smashing his grammy on the ground, lighting up a cigarette and then walking off during the 2008 Grammy Awards... wait, that hasn't happened yet ;)

Meh, there's a lot more, my head is just dead at the moment and I can't think of anything.

Victimized
04-10-2005, 04:15 PM
Rage Against The Machine storming the stock exchange place in America for there video to Sleep Now In The Fire.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!