PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid Series...Doesnt follow story Line..

ReInfected
04-10-2005, 08:39 PM
Okay i just relized suttin.. the MGS series doesnt follow the story line that they make there games heres what i mean..:

1. They made a MGS3 back then in the Cold War after MGS2 which is like present...
2. I saw a preview of MGS4 and Snake doesnt have an eye patch of where Snake got shot in the eye in MGS3..
3. In MGS2, They said that The Patriots were listed as 12 men..But in MGS3 (which is back then) Eva was a Philosopher and in the credits of MGS3, it said that The Philosophers changed there name to The Patroits.....

Your thoughts?

ReInfected
05-10-2005, 12:37 AM
Okay i just relized suttin.. the MGS series doesnt follow the story line that they make there games heres what i mean..:

1. They made a MGS3 back then in the Cold War after MGS2 which is like present...
2. I saw a preview of MGS4 and Snake doesnt have an eye patch of where Snake got shot in the eye in MGS3..
3. In MGS2, They said that The Patriots were listed as 12 men..But in MGS3 (which is back then) Eva was a Philosopher and in the credits of MGS3, it said that The Philosophers changed there name to The Patroits.....

Your thoughts?
4 got 1...they said it was made up of 12 MEN but eva was a women but she was one of the Patriots..

Demynx
05-10-2005, 07:35 PM
Theres 5 metal gears so the firsat one will make f=more sence to the other 4
because there is

Metal Gear
Metal Gear Solid 1: Twin Snakes
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns and Patriots.

So check out metal gear.

Charizard.
05-10-2005, 07:55 PM
The latest metal gear (4) is set after MGS 2, The reason he has an eyepatch is unknown, but its on the wrong eye, in MGS 3, it was on his right, this time its on his left. MGS 3 was Big Boss, Snake is the cloned son of Big boss, So dont fear, its not the sequel to MGS 3, Its the sequel to MGS 2. And the reason theres a war going on, its surposed to be because the patriots are gone, and without the patriots, society cant function, as it mentioned in MGS 2. And she wasnt a philosper, (Eva) she was a spy for the philosphers.

ReInfected
05-10-2005, 07:58 PM
And she wasnt a philosper, (Eva) she was a spy for the philosphers.
Incorrect. In MGS3, Eva at the end on the tape recorder says she is one of the Philosophers..

Demynx
05-10-2005, 09:06 PM
O.o well i have a ? for MSG What the hell is la-lay-le-low?

Diamondkid
05-10-2005, 09:20 PM
You are all wrong, ok in MGS3 it was Solid Snakes dad (in the end we find out he becomes names The Big Boss) and in MGS1 we find out he gets killed i think i cant remember that far back, MGS4 is Solid Snake (the one in MGS 1 & 2) When he is alot older, he probably went through the same process his father went through (when in MGS3 you get your eye shot out for not saying information) plus in MGS4 the trailer introduces Otagon/Octagon (how ever you spell his name) and he wasnt around when The Big Boss was alive and young.
www.ign.com shows a full length trailer and the graphics are amazing i must tell you this is certainly going to be a game of the year. It is also said to be the last in the series as it is on the PS3 the Konami guy who makes MGS wants to start maknig new games and not continuing the MGS series.

Also i want to state that MGS1 is the hardest, MGS2's storyline was too farfetched and by far the worst but was a bit tricky to complete and MGS3 was hardest to complete and was the best(i completed them all on hard mode, When in MGS3 you fight the sniper dude its impossible, after 15 times i still didnt do it, but in the end i did after hours of crawling lol)

Bear-Max
05-10-2005, 09:54 PM
Theres 5 metal gears so the firsat one will make f=more sence to the other 4
because there is

Metal Gear
Metal Gear Solid 1: Twin Snakes
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns and Patriots.

So check out metal gear.
This is the actual order of the games. You missed out MG2 :P

* Metal Gear (MSX2/Famicom/NES/C64/PC/Mobile Phone, 1987)
* Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (MSX2/Mobile Phone, 1990)
* Metal Gear Solid (PlayStation/PC, 1998)
* Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PlayStation 2, 2001)
* Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PlayStation 2, 2004)
* Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (Playstation 3, 2007)

Demynx
05-10-2005, 10:16 PM
Kojima said It comes in 2006 in the tokyo gameshow also Metal gear solid is on Game Cube aswell known as Twin Snakes oh and still in MGS3 WHAT THE HELL IS LAA-LOO-LEY-LOW?

Diamondkid
06-10-2005, 05:21 PM
Kojima said It comes in 2006 in the tokyo gameshow also Metal gear solid is on Game Cube aswell known as Twin Snakes oh and still in MGS3 WHAT THE HELL IS LAA-LOO-LEY-LOW?

The La-Ley-Low thing is a group if i can think back to when it is refered to. Its like a group like the patriots but are different in ways :S try researching it im not too sure myself

ReInfected
06-10-2005, 06:59 PM
You are all wrong, ok in MGS3 it was Solid Snakes dad (in the end we find out he becomes names The Big Boss) and in MGS1 we find out he gets killed i think i cant remember that far back, MGS4 is Solid Snake (the one in MGS 1 & 2) When he is alot older, he probably went through the same process his father went through (when in MGS3 you get your eye shot out for not saying information) plus in MGS4 the trailer introduces Otagon/Octagon (how ever you spell his name) and he wasnt around when The Big Boss was alive and young.
www.ign.com shows a full length trailer and the graphics are amazing i must tell you this is certainly going to be a game of the year. It is also said to be the last in the series as it is on the PS3 the Konami guy who makes MGS wants to start maknig new games and not continuing the MGS series.

Also i want to state that MGS1 is the hardest, MGS2's storyline was too farfetched and by far the worst but was a bit tricky to complete and MGS3 was hardest to complete and was the best(i completed them all on hard mode, When in MGS3 you fight the sniper dude its impossible, after 15 times i still didnt do it, but in the end i did after hours of crawling lol) Big Boss's name was Snake aswell..Yes its coming to me now..MGS2 Wasnt that farfetched after a few times of playing it...

Diamondkid
06-10-2005, 07:43 PM
Big Boss Was called Snake correct and because Jack is his Son he wanted him to take after him so he probs thought he should be Snake. As for Liquid i wonder if he is in the MGS4

ReInfected
06-10-2005, 07:50 PM
Big Boss Was called Snake correct and because Jack is his Son he wanted him to take after him so he probs thought he should be Snake. As for Liquid i wonder if he is in the MGS4
I didn't like MGS1. I LOVED mgs2..What about Solidus Snake? There are too many Snakes! Liquid and Solidus are part of Big Boss's sons?

Diamondkid
06-10-2005, 07:56 PM
MGS1 = The best game at the time
MGS2 = Storyline was too unreal and i didnt really enjoy playing as a wierd looking dude.
MGS3 = Great gameplay and great things to do....bit annoying at times but i found this the best.
MGS4 = Going to own everything

ReInfected
06-10-2005, 07:57 PM
MGS1 = The best game at the time
MGS2 = Storyline was too unreal and i didnt really enjoy playing as a wierd looking dude.
MGS3 = Great gameplay and great things to do....bit annoying at times but i found this the best.
MGS4 = Going to own everything
What stinks is that Snake is wicked old! they shouldn't have made him old..

kaut
07-10-2005, 03:45 AM
The first Metal Gear on NES is still my favorite. Played the hell out of that game.

Diamondkid
07-10-2005, 09:17 AM
Making Snake old will show us if he still has the skills :D
Maybe a guest appearance by Raiden

Demynx
10-10-2005, 02:40 AM
This is the actual order of the games. You missed out MG2 :P

* Metal Gear (MSX2/Famicom/NES/C64/PC/Mobile Phone, 1987)
* Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (MSX2/Mobile Phone, 1990)
* Metal Gear Solid (PlayStation/PC, 1998)
* Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PlayStation 2, 2001)
* Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PlayStation 2, 2004)
* Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (Playstation 3, 2007)
Actually you missed a few.
* Metal Gear: (MSX)
* Metal Gear 2: Solid Snakes
* Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
* Metal Gear Solid: Integral
* Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel
* Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
* Documents of Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty
* Metal Gear Ac!d
* Metal Gear Ac!d 2
* Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake eater
* Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns and Patriots

!x!!Sarah!!x!
29-10-2005, 03:02 PM
Spot on they are patriots thats why snake asks eva ''who are the patriots'' when he first meets her shes doesnt know look for yaself on the cinema on msg3 i knew she was a spy wen he asked her that, eventually he goes the la lee lay ect.. but he thought she didnt answer coz the ''adam''s' ppl came an surrounded them :d

Rico26
26-11-2005, 08:18 PM

Your thoughts?

I Haven't Played MGS For Ages (Even Thoguh It Owns) But They Do Not Follow One After Another I Think Like...
It Isn't MGS1 Then MGS2 Then MGS3 I Think They Have Some Wonky Do Da Formation...:s

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!